Post removed.

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby Fianna13 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:41 pm

rosebowlchamps100 wrote:
usernotfound wrote:
BLUERUFiO wrote:
usernotfound wrote:I kind of hope they come out Monday. One of my lazy-ass professors still hasn't turned in his letter of rec. 5 months notice wasn't enough.. :evil:

Uggh. Have you reminded them recently? That's a bummer.


Yeah, emailed almost a week ago and sent the email twice. Kinda sucks.


I feel you my friend. My first request to one of my recommenders was sent in mid-June. I reminded her in September, she said she does them all in Fall. Ok, so I email in November, she says she will do them in the coming weeks. Early December rolls around, so once again I remind her, she says once the semester is over she will write them (mid-December). Here we stand, and it hasn't even been acknowledged. Very sick and tired of this cat and mouse game.

ETA: That is 7 months and 2 months of official stress that I may never receive it.


Heh.. is it bad that I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one in this boat? Misery loves company.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:44 pm

2UA449P wrote:Scores will be released beginning 10 AM EST on Monday, January 6th, in accordance with the stated release date due to weather conditions.

Image

Anyone who posts without a verifying link gets the finger.

User avatar
rosebowlchamps100
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby rosebowlchamps100 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Fianna13 wrote:
Heh.. is it bad that I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one in this boat? Misery loves company.


Nope makes sense, I feel the same way lol. And i just asked another prof for one as a backup a week or two ago... not acknowledged either. I have 2 from employers now and am debating if those are the two i should send in anticipation of these recs coming way too late. Can't decide if it's better to have employer recs and it be earlier, or way later and prof recs... hmm

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:46 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
2UA449P wrote:Scores will be released beginning 10 AM EST on Monday, January 6th, in accordance with the stated release date due to weather conditions.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/images/nuclear_7.jpg

Anyone who posts without a verifying link gets the finger.


It doesn't even seem characteristic of LSAC that they'd post an update like this at all, true or not. If the scheduled release is Monday, and it turns out they can't release until Monday, there's no story here.

I call bullshit.

User avatar
esperando127
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby esperando127 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:47 pm

rosebowlchamps100 wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:
Heh.. is it bad that I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one in this boat? Misery loves company.


Nope makes sense, I feel the same way lol. And i just asked another prof for one as a backup a week or two ago... not acknowledged either. I have 2 from employers now and am debating if those are the two i should send in anticipation of these recs coming way too late. Can't decide if it's better to have employer recs and it be earlier, or way later and prof recs... hmm


I read on multiple law school websites it's better to have academic LORs, you might want to wait until you can get at least one submitted from a professor.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby goldenboy514 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:47 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
2UA449P wrote:Scores will be released beginning 10 AM EST on Monday, January 6th, in accordance with the stated release date due to weather conditions.

[img]bomb[/img]

Anyone who posts without a verifying link gets the finger.


New rule: I no longer pay mind to LSAC updates by users with less than 10 posts

User avatar
gargoyle
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby gargoyle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Didn't someone say several pages back that they were taking the Dec2013 LSAT on Jan 4th? If so, they would have to release Monday.


The rescheduled tests are a different test with a different curve, aren't they?

Definitely different tests. Don't know about the curve yet. But as far as release goes, I've been under the assumption since day one that score releases would be staggered according to test date. I mean that makes the most sense, right?

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 pm

gargoyle wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Didn't someone say several pages back that they were taking the Dec2013 LSAT on Jan 4th? If so, they would have to release Monday.


The rescheduled tests are a different test with a different curve, aren't they?

Definitely different tests. Don't know about the curve yet. But as far as release goes, I've been under the assumption since day one that score releases would be staggered according to test date. I mean that makes the most sense, right?


This hasn't been the case historically, but you never know.

cathicohen
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:39 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby cathicohen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 pm

In terms of LOR and updated transcripts...since the schools take a few weeks to process our applications, is it necessary for all these additional documents to be in before we submit? If they come after we submit but before review, will the schools still have them?

User avatar
rosebowlchamps100
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby rosebowlchamps100 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:50 pm

esperando127 wrote:
rosebowlchamps100 wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:
Heh.. is it bad that I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one in this boat? Misery loves company.


Nope makes sense, I feel the same way lol. And i just asked another prof for one as a backup a week or two ago... not acknowledged either. I have 2 from employers now and am debating if those are the two i should send in anticipation of these recs coming way too late. Can't decide if it's better to have employer recs and it be earlier, or way later and prof recs... hmm


I read on multiple law school websites it's better to have academic LORs, you might want to wait until you can get at least one submitted from a professor.


Ugh, well hopefully one of these knuckleheads can get their act together. I feel like badgering them will only lead to a worse LOR. It's a balancing act; I want a good one, but the damn thing needs to be pretty solid

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby GabeQuixote » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:51 pm

theramblingfool wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
2UA449P wrote:Scores will be released beginning 10 AM EST on Monday, January 6th, in accordance with the stated release date due to weather conditions.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/images/nuclear_7.jpg

Anyone who posts without a verifying link gets the finger.


It doesn't even seem characteristic of LSAC that they'd post an update like this at all, true or not. If the scheduled release is Monday, and it turns out they can't release until Monday, there's no story here.

I call bullshit.


You went from beard to mustache? That's practically an ED at NYU.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:51 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Didn't someone say several pages back that they were taking the Dec2013 LSAT on Jan 4th? If so, they would have to release Monday.

I remember reading that too. But, I don't think they'd release those scores that quick?


Everyone is going to have 5 days following the test to cancel, no matter what. If someone is taking on Jan 4, they would not get scores Monday.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters (trolls will be nuked from orbit)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:52 pm

damn i was hoping something would go down during the ride home.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:52 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
2UA449P wrote:Scores will be released beginning 10 AM EST on Monday, January 6th, in accordance with the stated release date due to weather conditions.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/files/images/nuclear_7.jpg

Anyone who posts without a verifying link gets the finger.


It doesn't even seem characteristic of LSAC that they'd post an update like this at all, true or not. If the scheduled release is Monday, and it turns out they can't release until Monday, there's no story here.

I call bullshit.


You went from beard to mustache? That's practically an ED at NYU.


Seriously?! lol

I tried to find the most un-hipster picture I could. I really don't think this one is hipster at all.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters (trolls will be nuked from orbit)

Postby DaRascal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:53 pm

I'm not buying this whole snowstorm business. Meteorologists are as reliable as fortune tellers these days.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters (trolls will be nuked from orbit)

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:54 pm

DaRascal wrote:I'm not buying this whole snowstorm business. Meteorologists are as reliable as fortune tellers these days.


tell that to my antilock brakes, they just threw a party

User avatar
usernotfound
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby usernotfound » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:55 pm

gargoyle wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Didn't someone say several pages back that they were taking the Dec2013 LSAT on Jan 4th? If so, they would have to release Monday.


The rescheduled tests are a different test with a different curve, aren't they?

Definitely different tests. Don't know about the curve yet. But as far as release goes, I've been under the assumption since day one that score releases would be staggered according to test date. I mean that makes the most sense, right?


You honestly think they would make a whole new test just for like a few dozen people?

User avatar
GabeQuixote
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby GabeQuixote » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:55 pm

theramblingfool wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
It doesn't even seem characteristic of LSAC that they'd post an update like this at all, true or not. If the scheduled release is Monday, and it turns out they can't release until Monday, there's no story here.

I call bullshit.


You went from beard to mustache? That's practically an ED at NYU.


Seriously?! lol

I tried to find the most un-hipster picture I could. I really don't think this one is hipster at all.



The mustache is only surpassed by the Kaiser Wilhelm in hipster facial hair hierarchy.

User avatar
gargoyle
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby gargoyle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:56 pm

theramblingfool wrote:
gargoyle wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Didn't someone say several pages back that they were taking the Dec2013 LSAT on Jan 4th? If so, they would have to release Monday.


The rescheduled tests are a different test with a different curve, aren't they?

Definitely different tests. Don't know about the curve yet. But as far as release goes, I've been under the assumption since day one that score releases would be staggered according to test date. I mean that makes the most sense, right?


This hasn't been the case historically, but you never know.

What usually happens?

NYRags14
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters (trolls will be nuked from orbit)

Postby NYRags14 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:56 pm

.
Last edited by NYRags14 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:57 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
It doesn't even seem characteristic of LSAC that they'd post an update like this at all, true or not. If the scheduled release is Monday, and it turns out they can't release until Monday, there's no story here.

I call bullshit.


You went from beard to mustache? That's practically an ED at NYU.


Seriously?! lol

I tried to find the most un-hipster picture I could. I really don't think this one is hipster at all.



The mustache is only surpassed by the Kaiser Wilhelm in hipster facial hair hierarchy.


I respectfully disagree. I often sport a mustache. I do not do so because I see it as outdated and ironic. I do so because I see it as classy and timeless.

User avatar
gargoyle
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby gargoyle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:58 pm

usernotfound wrote:
gargoyle wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Didn't someone say several pages back that they were taking the Dec2013 LSAT on Jan 4th? If so, they would have to release Monday.


The rescheduled tests are a different test with a different curve, aren't they?

Definitely different tests. Don't know about the curve yet. But as far as release goes, I've been under the assumption since day one that score releases would be staggered according to test date. I mean that makes the most sense, right?


You honestly think they would make a whole new test just for like a few dozen people?

Uh, yeah. Haha didn't we already establish the fact that delayed takers had questions from the Oct. exp section?

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:58 pm

gargoyle wrote:What usually happens?


As far as I know, scores have always been released at the same time.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:00 pm

GabeQuixote wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
GabeQuixote wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
It doesn't even seem characteristic of LSAC that they'd post an update like this at all, true or not. If the scheduled release is Monday, and it turns out they can't release until Monday, there's no story here.

I call bullshit.


You went from beard to mustache? That's practically an ED at NYU.


Seriously?! lol

I tried to find the most un-hipster picture I could. I really don't think this one is hipster at all.



The mustache is only surpassed by the Kaiser Wilhelm in hipster facial hair hierarchy.


a challenger appears

Image
Last edited by wealtheow on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters (trolls will be nuked from orbit)

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:01 pm

G'dmnit, you guys.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Google [Bot], Greenteachurro, The_Pluviophile, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests