Post removed.

wealtheow

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:35 pm

theramblingfool wrote:Every time I refresh now on the LSAC score page, it flashes a few lines, including some PDF images, for like.... 1/2 a second.

same for me, we are probably just losing our marbles though, or server is getting hammered

attackpizza

Postby attackpizza » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:36 pm

theramblingfool wrote:Every time I refresh now on the LSAC score page, it flashes a few lines, including some PDF images, for like.... 1/2 a second.

Three F5s ago, the Icon Legend showed up under the "you need Adobe Reader" note. It hasn't showed up again. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Does anyone plan to use the acclaimed "torture" score-viewing method where you search your email for your score without opening it?

muzzy

Postby muzzy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYRags14

Postby NYRags14 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Last edited by NYRags14 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mooseface22

Postby mooseface22 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

inlovewithpiper wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:
ML4410 wrote:Hello everyone,

Quick question! I'm finishing up applications and noticed that IU suggests personal statements be 500 words. Mine is over 700. Thoughts on the importance of adhering to the suggestion or submitting highest quality PS possible?

Conform. It's best to convey that you understand the ins and outs of arithmetic.

I respectfully disagree; blatantly and intentionally disregarding law school application instructions shows adcoms that you are comfortable taking control and setting new trends. I would imagine they would even give you a URM-esque bump for it. I wish I had thought of it first, actually.

I think they are looking for people who take pleasure in mocking others for asking legitimate questions. Especially with hilarious comments like that. I mean, you are so witty. I am blown away. Go you.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

usernotfound wrote:Does anyone plan to use the acclaimed "torture" score-viewing method where you search your email for your score without opening it?

Do you start at 180 or low? :shock:

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

NYRags14 wrote:UPDATE.

Last night tried to register for a 4th LSAT in 2 years. I was allowed. Just tried again now, to confirm somebody else being denied.

"Test-taking limit reached. Your LSAT registration cannot be processed.

You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or if your score is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy.

For significant extenuating circumstances, exceptions to this policy may be made by LSAC. To request an exception, submit a signed, detailed explanation addressing the circumstances that you feel make you eligible to retake the LSAT and specify the date that you wish to test. E-mail your request as an attachment to LSACinfo@LSAC.org or send it by fax to 215.968.1277.

You will be notified by e-mail of approval or denial of your request. Be sure to submit your request well in advance of the regular registration deadline so that you can receive timely notification of our decision. Barring unforeseen circumstances, LSAC will respond within seven working days of its receipt. LSAC's decisions are final."

Not conclusive, but AWWWW SHEEIITT.

theramblingfool

Postby theramblingfool » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

wealtheow wrote:

same for me, we are probably just losing our marbles though, or server is getting hammered

Just realized it was a hidden DIV (that is revealed when you click 'icon legend').

The client-side processing is just a bit janky at times, so it takes a second to hide it. No cause for alarm.

BLUERUFiO

Postby BLUERUFiO » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

It's coming...

klondike5

Postby klondike5 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:38 pm

frcarpen wrote:I just tried to register for a 4th LSAT again and this time it denied me... Just changed within the hour...

I am trying to post a screen shot, but I don't seem to be able to

I tried this and I was unable to register as well. Sat for Dec 12, Oct 13, and Dec 13.

inyoureyes89

Postby inyoureyes89 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:38 pm

I wonder if any of the guys at LSAC are reading this this thread, seeing us losing it, and cackling to themselves...

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

rosebowlchamps100

Postby rosebowlchamps100 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

usernotfound wrote:Does anyone plan to use the acclaimed "torture" score-viewing method where you search your email for your score without opening it?

I do. But im trying to think of a more torturous way of doing it. Say, start at target and work my way up and then when i inevitably hit nothing, i get depressed and work my way down
Last edited by rosebowlchamps100 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

absolutely not.

can someone who uses gmail confirm whether the score is viewable from the preview, because i doooooont want to find out that way

nooooo

Postby nooooo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

NYRags14 wrote:UPDATE.

Last night tried to register for a 4th LSAT in 2 years. I was allowed. Just tried again now, to confirm somebody else being denied.

"Test-taking limit reached. Your LSAT registration cannot be processed.

You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or if your score is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy.

For significant extenuating circumstances, exceptions to this policy may be made by LSAC. To request an exception, submit a signed, detailed explanation addressing the circumstances that you feel make you eligible to retake the LSAT and specify the date that you wish to test. E-mail your request as an attachment to LSACinfo@LSAC.org or send it by fax to 215.968.1277.

You will be notified by e-mail of approval or denial of your request. Be sure to submit your request well in advance of the regular registration deadline so that you can receive timely notification of our decision. Barring unforeseen circumstances, LSAC will respond within seven working days of its receipt. LSAC's decisions are final."

It could be the worker bees getting to work. For instance, I received two letters of req. on the 31st that appeared on the site, but the email came in today that I received them.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 pm

wealtheow wrote:

absolutely not.

can someone who uses gmail confirm whether the score is viewable from the preview, because i doooooont want to find out that way

I saw a screenshot of a score email once, and there were a couple sentences of text before the score. I think we should be fine but I'm not positive.

inlovewithpiper

Postby inlovewithpiper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:40 pm

rosebowlchamps100 wrote:

I do. But im trying to think of a more torturous way of doing it. Say, start at target and work my way up and then when i inevitable hit nothing, i get depressed and work my way down

inlovewithpiper wrote:
chizzy wrote:whats the preferred method. waiting to receive your score in the email or constantly refreshing?

Okay, I thought of a new method that I will term "the LSAT Grey Day Drinking Game":

Bring up the IRR & Conversion Table without looking at the score on the LSAC page. Avoid the score on the IRR itself (tape paper to your computer screen such that only the right side is exposed). Go through your answer choices making note of the number of q's missed. Every time you find a missed q, take a shot. Deduct missed q's from total q's and find your score via the Conversion Table.

Optional modification: If score is below what you expected, keep drinking until your wounds are soothed. If score is at/above what you expected, keep drinking until you have sufficiently celebrated.

8)

barrelofmonkeys

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 pm

usernotfound wrote:
wealtheow wrote:

absolutely not.

I saw a screenshot of a score email once, and there were a couple sentences of text before the score. I think we should be fine but I'm not positive.

I checked October and can't see the score in the preview.

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 pm

PourMeTea wrote:180

ETA: snag, you're it
bee/bbkk et al

<3

NYRags14

Postby NYRags14 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Last edited by NYRags14 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheGreatJustice

Postby TheGreatJustice » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:42 pm

brrrrcat

Postby brrrrcat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:43 pm

rosebowlchamps100 wrote:

I do. But im trying to think of a more torturous way of doing it. Say, start at target and work my way up and then when i inevitable hit nothing, i get depressed and work my way down

I want to post an MSU cheer because of your avatar but that could be easily confused as a cheer against icons going grey. So just, Whooo Go State!!

CandyCrushed

Postby CandyCrushed » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:43 pm

I just want my score. I'm at work and can't accomplish ANYTHING.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:43 pm

You can't see your score in preview, at least for Gmail.

Subject will be "Your December 2013 LSAT Score"

Text will say:

"Please do not reply to this email. E-mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
Please contact us with your comments, questions, or concerns at LSACinfo@LSAC.org. Please provide your LSAC account number in all correspondence.

Dear lucky TLSer,

LSAC account number: L XXXXXXXX

Your October 2013 LSAT score is 180. The percentile rank is 99.

This is your unofficial score report."

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”