Post removed.

User avatar
Sinatra
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby Sinatra » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:28 pm

PourMeTea wrote:lol @ local

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby retaking23 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby chizzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:46 pm

retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?



yes, you should fill it out.
deans list, honor society, e.t.c. are all fine, and any other award you received.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby chizzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:51 pm

i cant believe we are so close to score release. today is the last day to act in ignorance till reality sets in :|

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby muzzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:51 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby chizzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:56 pm

muzzy wrote:For those who say they're traveling, care to share plans?

My best bud from UG is from Brasil and I'm planning to meet him there for the World Cup and then wander through Argentina, Chile and Peru.



im also leaning towards brazil for the world cup. its going to be crazy.

BFlanagan
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby BFlanagan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:56 pm

retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?


Yes X10. If you can put together an amazing application, essays, personal statement, and resume, then you'll feel 100x better going into score release. Even if you land on the lower side of your PT range, your materials should be so strong that it doesn't even matter. This happened to me, and I almost didn't care what happened grey day. That's where you want to be confidence-wise with the non-binary stuff. Give it your all, for sure.

eta: i'm one of few who openly mentioned in my application that i have zero intention of actually becoming a lawyer and is knowingly atypical. I have no idea what you look like on paper, so ymmv.

boosane
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby boosane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:57 pm

chizzy wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?



yes, you should fill it out.
deans list, honor society, e.t.c. are all fine, and any other award you received.


If we received multiple Deans Lists should we list it more than once or is just 1 sufficient?

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby retaking23 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:00 pm

chizzy wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?



yes, you should fill it out.
deans list, honor society, e.t.c. are all fine, and any other award you received.


The "date/term received" part is really annoying me. For some of these awards, I forget when I received them (not that I was inundated with awards during UG, quite the opposite in fact) and then with stuff like dean's list, do I list it each time I made it or can I write something like "all semesters." Or does none of this matter so long as I'm consistent with it?

And since Boosane basically asked the same question, here's another. I actually read through the instructions for BU carefully (I suspect these app filling instructions are more or less the same for each school) and there was part that says to describe whether internships were paid or unpaid. Where exactly do I put this on my resume? lol. I really want to ignore this paid/unpaid stuff because all of my stuff was unpaid and I feel it makes me look lacking...

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby chizzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:03 pm

retaking23 wrote:
chizzy wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?



yes, you should fill it out.
deans list, honor society, e.t.c. are all fine, and any other award you received.


The "date/term received" part is really annoying me. For some of these awards, I forget when I received them (not that I was inundated with awards during UG, quite the opposite in fact) and then with stuff like dean's list, do I list it each time I made it or can I write something like "all semesters." Or does none of this matter so long as I'm consistent with it?

And since Boosane basically asked the same question, here's another. I actually read through the instructions for BU carefully (I suspect these app filling instructions are more or less the same for each school) and there was part that says to describe whether internships were paid or unpaid. Where exactly do I put this on my resume? lol. I really want to ignore this paid/unpaid stuff because all of my stuff was unpaid and I feel it makes me look lacking...



i see this the other way round. Most internships are unpaid these days anyway and so schools may think you are more interested in gaining experience.

chizzy
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby chizzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:04 pm

boosane wrote:
chizzy wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?



yes, you should fill it out.
deans list, honor society, e.t.c. are all fine, and any other award you received.


If we received multiple Deans Lists should we list it more than once or is just 1 sufficient?


if it was consistent you could just write:(2011-2013) or if there was a break you could write it more than once

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby muzzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:11 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby retaking23 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:11 pm

chizzy wrote:
retaking23 wrote:
chizzy wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?



yes, you should fill it out.
deans list, honor society, e.t.c. are all fine, and any other award you received.


The "date/term received" part is really annoying me. For some of these awards, I forget when I received them (not that I was inundated with awards during UG, quite the opposite in fact) and then with stuff like dean's list, do I list it each time I made it or can I write something like "all semesters." Or does none of this matter so long as I'm consistent with it?

And since Boosane basically asked the same question, here's another. I actually read through the instructions for BU carefully (I suspect these app filling instructions are more or less the same for each school) and there was part that says to describe whether internships were paid or unpaid. Where exactly do I put this on my resume? lol. I really want to ignore this paid/unpaid stuff because all of my stuff was unpaid and I feel it makes me look lacking...



i see this the other way round. Most internships are unpaid these days anyway and so schools may think you are more interested in gaining experience.


Alright, so where should I write this paid/unpaid information.

ABC Company ABC's Location
Head Intern (unpaid) Summer 2009-present
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

This okay?

BFlanagan
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby BFlanagan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Nobody cares if it were paid or unpaid. They know what an internship is. ;)

Don't over think it, m'dear.

boosane
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:37 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby boosane » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:16 pm

chizzy wrote:
boosane wrote:
chizzy wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Ugh, I hate filling out these apps -_-

Why can't every school just use the same app!?

Also, for people that actually filled out some: there's a part under education (I'm looking at BU's app) that tells you to list awards and honors and stuff you've received. It doesn't have an asterisk though (i.e., it's not required that we fill it out). Should I just fill this out anyway?

And can someone elaborate on what type of stuff goes in here. It's pretty self explanatory, but still. Is it just dean's list, summa cum laude, and honor society stuff?



yes, you should fill it out.
deans list, honor society, e.t.c. are all fine, and any other award you received.


If we received multiple Deans Lists should we list it more than once or is just 1 sufficient?


if it was consistent you could just write:(2011-2013) or if there was a break you could write it more than once


Thank you! It's pretty sad the only thing worth mentioning are my deans lists. Anyone in the same boat?

FrenchDonkey
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby FrenchDonkey » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:20 pm

muzzy wrote:For those who say they're traveling, care to share plans?

My best bud from UG is from Brasil and I'm planning to meet him there for the World Cup and then wander through Argentina, Chile and Peru.


I would love to be in Brazil for the world cup. Unfortunately it's not going to happen. However, next month I will be in the Philippines, Thailand and Shanghai. I live in Beijing, so I will have about a month off for the Chinese New Year. In the summer I would like to hit up Kyrgyzstan, but I'll have to see what my finances are like around that time.

Also, due to the fact that scores are released in the afternoon US time, on grey day I will be waking up to my score. If it's a bad score, that means I can't drink away my sorrows until 10-11 hours after seeing it. At least back in the states you can jaunt right over to the bar to mourn/celebrate/whatever.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:23 pm

FrenchDonkey wrote:
muzzy wrote:For those who say they're traveling, care to share plans?

My best bud from UG is from Brasil and I'm planning to meet him there for the World Cup and then wander through Argentina, Chile and Peru.


I would love to be in Brazil for the world cup. Unfortunately it's not going to happen. However, next month I will be in the Philippines, Thailand and Shanghai. I live in Beijing, so I will have about a month off for the Chinese New Year. In the summer I would like to hit up Kyrgyzstan, but I'll have to see what my finances are like around that time.

Also, due to the fact that scores are released in the afternoon US time, on grey day I will be waking up to my score. If it's a bad score, that means I can't drink away my sorrows until 10-11 hours after seeing it. At least back in the states you can jaunt right over to the bar to mourn/celebrate/whatever.

Why Kyrgyzstan? What would you see there? Sounds interesting.

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby muzzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:24 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nightrunner
Posts: 5345
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby Nightrunner » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:26 pm

snagglepuss wrote:Why Kyrgyzstan? What would you see there? Sounds interesting.

How do you feel about bridenapping?

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby retaking23 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Why Kyrgyzstan? What would you see there? Sounds interesting.

How do you feel about bridenapping?


that's kazakhstan in the borat universe, not kyrgzstan

edit: just wikipedia-ed this, ignore my ignorance
Last edited by retaking23 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby muzzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:30 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrenchDonkey
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:03 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby FrenchDonkey » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:36 pm

The problem with scores being released in the morning is not that alcohol won't be available. Some bars here never close and there are about four stores within a 2 minute walk that sell big bottles of beer for about 50 cents. The problem is going into work that morning. If it gets released on my Saturday morning (your Friday), then that's a different story.

Bridenapping is the whole reason I want to go. I'm kidding, but did you see the Vice special on it?

In reality, Kyrgyzstan seems to be incredibly beautiful. This past summer I went to Xinjiang (the most western province of China) and at one point was right near the border with Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, and at another point was less than 50 miles from Afghanistan and Pakistan. The area (known as the Karakoram Highway) was gorgeous, with 20,000 foot peaks, alpine lakes, and Kyrgyz, Tajik, Uyghur villages. Kyrgyzstan itself is supposed to be even more stunning. Also, it's relatively safe and Americans don't need visas. Unfortunately with the rest of Central Asia, getting a visa means going through miles and miles of red tape leftover from the Soviet era.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Why Kyrgyzstan? What would you see there? Sounds interesting.

How do you feel about bridenapping?

Don't knock it till you've tried it, right?

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby muzzy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:41 pm

.
Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Nightrunner
Posts: 5345
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Postby Nightrunner » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:41 pm

retaking23 wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Why Kyrgyzstan? What would you see there? Sounds interesting.

How do you feel about bridenapping?


that's kazakhstan in the borat universe, not kyrgzstan

edit: just wikipedia-ed this, ignore my ignorance

I saw a VICE video about it. Otherwise, all I know about Kyrgyzstan is "it is one off those territories that used to be Russia, but has always been mixed with Russian/Turkic/Uzbek/probably Mongolian."

snagglepuss wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:How do you feel about bridenapping?

Don't knock it till you've tried it, right?

I'm pretty fast. I bet I could nap, like, seven brides.

OK, maybe six brides. Everyone needs a day of rest.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Instrumental, latif, lawlita and 9 guests