Post removed.

vicpin5190

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 pm

inlovewithpiper wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Didn't lsac say scores wouldn't be released before they open? Seems pretty unprofessional to do so after officially announcing they wouldn't.

Technically they said they would not be released before their break. But does anyone really think they care that much about us to come back early from vacation just to release scores before their deadline of the 6th?

This is also assuming that they don't have anyway to program scores to start releasing automatically without anyone physically in the office. Not probable, but possible.

In theory, just because the office is closed doesn't mean someone can't go and set it up and then leave. It's not unheard of to come into work during a "holiday". Technically....but still, i'm holding strong to my belief that Friday is the day. Until then i'm having a bacchanal.

yomisterd

Postby yomisterd » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:55 pm

*sigh*

Once again, it appears scores will come out during the school day. And, just like October, kids will be getting a shitty lesson as thoughts of the LSAT dance in my head.

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:03 pm

yomisterd wrote:*sigh*

Once again, it appears scores will come out during the school day. And, just like October, kids will be getting a shitty lesson as thoughts of the LSAT dance in my head.

:evil:

ETA: luckily most of my apps are completed, and I just need to put the finishing touches on them, but I would really appreciate having the weekend to make sure everything is perfect before I send things out...

chizzy

Postby chizzy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Last edited by chizzy on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:09 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:

ETA: luckily most of my apps are completed, and I just need to put the finishing touches on them, but I would really appreciate having the weekend to make sure everything is perfect before I send things out...

How neurotic have most people been with checking for any errors in their apps?
Even if I look over the whole thing theres a weird feeling once I'm ready to click the submit button.

FlyingNorth

Postby FlyingNorth » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:14 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:

Even if I look over the whole thing theres a weird feeling once I'm ready to click the submit button.

Very neurotic. I review what I have so far on a nightly basis (when I'm not working on my PS, that is :oops: )

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:21 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:

The LSAT will be important in determining which Apps i actually submit, and once I know that much, I'll probably go through them one more time and skim for any errors. I'll also probably review my PS 1 or 2 more times as well just to make sure it's properly edited. But overall not being too neurotic about it. I'm glad i spent extensive time working on my resume, so that it's already in good shape at this point.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:34 pm

What boxes are supposed to change colors anyways? Everything has been white for me.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:38 pm

If I did bad on my LSAT I am getting a job with LSAC. Holy Crap, what kind of organization gets to take an entire 10 days and just shut down?

What a joke...

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 pm

usernotfound wrote:What boxes are supposed to change colors anyways? Everything has been white for me.

scroll to the bottom of your "LSAT STATUS" page and you will see the area for your score sheets has little icons with a green swirl, those will turn gray on the day they decide to release the test. Which at this point probably wont be until January 25th when LSAC decides to start working again

chizzy

Postby chizzy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:
usernotfound wrote:What boxes are supposed to change colors anyways? Everything has been white for me.

scroll to the bottom of your "LSAT STATUS" page and you will see the area for your score sheets has little icons with a green swirl, those will turn gray on the day they decide to release the test. Which at this point probably wont be until January 25th when LSAC decides to start working again

*january 2nd*

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:

they turn grey? how ominous....

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:If I did bad on my LSAT I am getting a job with LSAC. Holy Crap, what kind of organization gets to take an entire 10 days and just shut down?

What a joke...

The kind that works ridiculously hard to ensure a fair and reliable standard by which we hope to be admitted into law school? Alternatively, the kind that doesn't employ slaves, and realizes that Christmas is probably a good time to let their employees take a break and see their families rather than fielding calls and tweets from impatient kids. Yes, we all want our scores. We get it, it is frustrating to have to wait. But if you can't handle this without bitching every five minutes or making up absurd logic about how it "definitely will be today" then you will absolutely not be able to handle waiting for your bar results, and might want to reconsider law as a career.

Rest assured that LSAC is doing their very best to get the scores out as soon as possible, and until then, try to enjoy the holiday season.

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm

CookieDough wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:If I did bad on my LSAT I am getting a job with LSAC. Holy Crap, what kind of organization gets to take an entire 10 days and just shut down?

What a joke...

The kind that works ridiculously hard to ensure a fair and reliable standard by which we hope to be admitted into law school? Alternatively, the kind that doesn't employ slaves, and realizes that Christmas is probably a good time to let their employees take a break and see their families rather than fielding calls and tweets from impatient kids. Yes, we all want our scores. We get it, it is frustrating to have to wait. But if you can't handle this without bitching every five minutes or making up absurd logic about how it "definitely will be today" then you will absolutely not be able to handle waiting for your bar results, and might want to reconsider law as a career.

Rest assured that LSAC is doing their very best to get the scores out as soon as possible, and until then, try to enjoy the holiday season.

idk why everyone is stressing right now, tomorrow is the biggest excuse to drink excessively New Years Eve!

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Take your LSAC bleeding heart somewhere else. Most companies are open during the Holidays and give their employees off Dec 24-26 and the 1st of January. To completely shut down for 10 days is a joke.

Secondly I have no sympathy for LSAC "working tirelessly" to ensure a fair standard because they run a monopoly on the Law school testing business. They charged me $180 (no pun intended) just to take the damn test! They also just fined Rutgers Law $200,000 because they admitted law students without their LSAT Scores. Its nothing more than a racket they use to make money. It is hilarious that people are coming on here to defend LSAC.

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Paging Nep... :D

ThetaX

Postby ThetaX » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Hmm LSAC is CLOSED you say right?
My Score Report was JUST now updated with my Fall Grades. I even sent it without a Cover sheet. There are definitely people working there, just saying.

yost

Postby yost » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:53 pm

What a joke...

Well, all of the auto makers for one. And most auto suppliers.

inlovewithpiper

Postby inlovewithpiper » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 pm

ThetaX wrote:Hmm LSAC is CLOSED you say right?
My Score Report was JUST now updated with my Fall Grades. I even sent it without a Cover sheet. There are definitely people working there, just saying.

:shock:

BLUERUFiO

Postby BLUERUFiO » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Checking in. Filling out apps right now. Come on grays, I want to see you sooon.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm

If this is true then theoretically the scores can be released earlier then jan 3?

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:Take your LSAC bleeding heart somewhere else. Most companies are open during the Holidays and give their employees off Dec 24-26 and the 1st of January. To completely shut down for 10 days is a joke.

Secondly I have no sympathy for LSAC "working tirelessly" to ensure a fair standard because they run a monopoly on the Law school testing business. They charged me $180 (no pun intended) just to take the damn test! They also just fined Rutgers Law $200,000 because they admitted law students without their LSAT Scores. Its nothing more than a racket they use to make money. It is hilarious that people are coming on here to defend LSAC.

you're just grumpy 'cause you wasted a vacation day.

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:

If this is true then theoretically the scores can be released earlier then jan 3?

i mean they could be released tomorrow for all we know. that would probably put an interesting twist on new years eve.

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:01 pm

wealtheow wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:Take your LSAC bleeding heart somewhere else. Most companies are open during the Holidays and give their employees off Dec 24-26 and the 1st of January. To completely shut down for 10 days is a joke.

you're just grumpy 'cause you wasted a vacation day.

fwiw i got no vacation days for the holidays besides xmas day and New Years day. #thestruggle.

chizzy

Postby chizzy » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:

"Reminder: #LSAC offices will be closed Tues., Dec. 24 through Wed., Jan. 1. Sorry, but Dec. #LSAT scores will NOT be posted before break' From lsac twitter account.

Enjoy your holidays

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”