Post removed.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:36 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

ame13
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby ame13 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:12 am

Hey guys! I need your opinion please. I was eager to apply right after getting back our December scores but now I'm torn.

I'm still waiting on 3 of my 4 grades (my professors are especially slow this year). However, I know I have a 3.9 this semester because I've gotten nothing but A's in the other three classes that I'm waiting for and I have an A- in the one class I did get my grade back for. The 3.9 will bump my gpa up to the 75th percentile for my first choices.

So my question is, should I wait until my professors finally post my grades, update my transcript and THEN apply or should I apply and then update my transcript? I'm just worried about waiting because it'll probably delay my application submission by a week but I feel like being in the 75th percentile with my gpa will make a big difference.

inlovewithpiper
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby inlovewithpiper » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 am

ame13 wrote:Hey guys! I need your opinion please. I'm still waiting on 3 of my 4 grades (my professors are especially slow this year). However, I know I have a 3.9 this semester because I've gotten nothing but A's in the other three classes that I'm waiting for and I have an A- in the one class I did get my grade back for. The 3.9 will bump my gpa up to the 75th percentile for my first choices.

So my question is, should I wait until my professors finally post my grades, update my transcript and THEN apply or should I apply and then update my transcript? I'm just worried about waiting because it'll probably delay my application submission by a week but I feel like being in the 75th percentile with my gpa will make a big difference.


I have the same question for the opposite reason; my Fall 2013 grades actually dropped my GPA (I got lazy--don't judge me) by .1 (note: .1, not .01). So, should I send in my updated transcript before decisions are made and, if I don't, do I risk rescinded offers later when they see the drop?

Thanks, all! :)

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:45 pm

So I'm sure most of you could figure this out, but I had spoken to someone in admissions and they told me that with the down applications and unsurety of how low they will have to dip into medians, many schools will be flat out rejecting very few applicants and instead waitlisting them. Also, with delays in LSATs, do you guys suspect this year to be a noticeably different cycle then previous? I would figure a lot of long drawn out waitlists.

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:50 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
redbull12 wrote:this thread sure is boring compared to october

can you plz share more of this insightful analysis

User avatar
lsatyolo
Posts: 1817
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby lsatyolo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Saw the tourette's guy who was sitting next to me during the test out at a bar the other night....Weird

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby bound » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:58 pm

GUYS. I had a dream last night that we got our scores today. I was nonchalantly checking my emails, and there it was. I didn't know what to do since I wasn't mentally prepared. Panic attack in dream ensued.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby dosto » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool2014hopeful
Posts: 554
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby lawschool2014hopeful » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Austinbound wrote:GUYS. I had a dream last night that we got our scores today. I was nonchalantly checking my emails, and there it was. I didn't know what to do since I wasn't mentally prepared. Panic attack in dream ensued.


I had a dream where I got my score back in my email and I scored 70. 70..... I questioned myself and was like wasnt the lowest score 120?????????? Wtf??????????????????? Then I panicked, and woke up, thank the lord.

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:36 pm

Anyone else agree with the prediction of the scores being released Monday? 30 dec?

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:Anyone else agree with the prediction of the scores being released Monday? 30 dec?

No one agrees with that.

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:42 pm

The LSAT does have a historical trend of being released on Monday however

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:The LSAT does have a historical trend of being released on Monday however

LSAC will be closed Tuesday, December 24 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014, for the Christmas and New Year holidays. LSAC will reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2014.

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:03 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:The LSAT does have a historical trend of being released on Monday however

LSAC will be closed Tuesday, December 24 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014, for the Christmas and New Year holidays. LSAC will reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2014.



This means NOTHING...considering they have released scores while they were "closed" before.

User avatar
WestWingWatcher
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby WestWingWatcher » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:The LSAT does have a historical trend of being released on Monday however

LSAC will be closed Tuesday, December 24 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014, for the Christmas and New Year holidays. LSAC will reopen on Thursday, January 2, 2014.



This means NOTHING...considering they have released scores while they were "closed" before.


"LSAC (the LSAT) ‏@Official_LSAT 19 Dec
Reminder: #LSAC offices will be closed Tues., Dec. 24 through Wed., Jan. 1. Sorry, but Dec. #LSAT scores will NOT be posted before break."


While it says nothing about posting during break, the tweet seems to imply that everyone will have to wait until after the break... Of course, this could be some intentional deceit...

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby mellow » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Someone hasn't been in the thread when we were talking about a certain neurotic waiter... :roll:

ame13 wrote:Hey guys! I need your opinion please. I was eager to apply right after getting back our December scores but now I'm torn.

I'm still waiting on 3 of my 4 grades (my professors are especially slow this year). However, I know I have a 3.9 this semester because I've gotten nothing but A's in the other three classes that I'm waiting for and I have an A- in the one class I did get my grade back for. The 3.9 will bump my gpa up to the 75th percentile for my first choices.

So my question is, should I wait until my professors finally post my grades, update my transcript and THEN apply or should I apply and then update my transcript? I'm just worried about waiting because it'll probably delay my application submission by a week but I feel like being in the 75th percentile with my gpa will make a big difference.

I'd probably just apply now because you probably won't even be complete or under review by the time your new transcript comes out. Unless it's a difference of being under vs. over median but with your high GPA I don't think this is a problem.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby JustHawkin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:

This means NOTHING...considering they have released scores while they were "closed" before.

TCS is to sit back, relax, and enjoy the holiday. Have your apps ready for Friday, a more likely release day.

ETA would you go on vacation knowing there is a deadline a week after you come back, yet think "oh screw I'll work through my vacation just to meet the deadline a week early"?

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:59 pm

yea, at this point I am assuming JAN2 or 3. FML

I called LSAC but they didnt awnser....

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby theramblingfool » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Wow guys, I must have some repressed nervous energy anticipating my LSAT score or something! Today has been REALLY productive. I finished ELEVEN applications (all of the top 12 minus Duke).

...
.
...
Now what?

User avatar
gobrue
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:58 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby gobrue » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:08 pm

theramblingfool wrote:Wow guys, I must have some repressed nervous energy anticipating my LSAT score or something! Today has been REALLY productive. I finished ELEVEN applications (all of the top 12 minus Duke).

...
.
...
Now what?


now we wait

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby bound » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:15 pm

gobrue wrote:
theramblingfool wrote:Wow guys, I must have some repressed nervous energy anticipating my LSAT score or something! Today has been REALLY productive. I finished ELEVEN applications (all of the top 12 minus Duke).

...
.
...
Now what?


now we wait


No. Now you drink.

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:20 pm

work was slow tonight.

PS sent for review, Addendum 1st draft complete, Applications complete except LSU asking for an additional 3000 word essay...WTF
Resume revision complete

I cant wait any longer...each day drags out... I have nothing to distract me from work ....once I have my applications submitted I am leaving my current job and taking a 6 month vacation till school starts. This is why I am so eager to find out my scores and such!

User avatar
georgej
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:55 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby georgej » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:35 pm

.
Last edited by georgej on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby retaking23 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:16 pm

georgej wrote:My wife has had 2 dreams now that were about me getting a 179. She also dreamed full-ride to WUSTL (my ugpa is very crappy, so this is one of my best options). She has been psychic before, so here's hoping!


The day someone besides me starts dreaming of my LSAT score will be a sad, sad day indeed. I must have explained this bloody exam with its test of reasoning and not knowledge, its 4 time annual administration, and its supreme influence on my future to my family about 100 times and I doubt they'd be happy for me if I tell them I score a 179 without some elaboration. Still, it's comforting to know that life certainly does move on without the LSAT.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby DaRascal » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Anyone else feeling less and less confident about your score the more you think about it?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CHyde, lawcapture, Pozzo, Ques, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests