Post removed.

User avatar
Hitchensian
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Hitchensian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:58 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:
Hitchensian wrote:I don't understand the poll question.


It's how much you can miss and still get a 170


Thanks. That explains it.

Glaucon
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Glaucon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:59 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:Concerning misconceptions about the curve:

"...[W]hen taking the LSAT, you're not competing against the other students in the room for your LSAT scores (a common misconception along with the LSAT "curve"), but rather against students who took the test in the previous three years"

http://blueprintprep.com/free-lsat-help ... xplained/1


That's not the definition of "pre-determination". It's impossible to know whether the curve will be -12 or -13.

User avatar
usernotfound
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby usernotfound » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:
usernotfound wrote:LG1-LR-LG2(PLEASE GOD BE EXP.)-RC-LR

Did anyone else get a logic game about rows of trees? Please say no if you didn't have LG experimental...



no that was exp


Yes my LG2 was exp. I figured that out several pages ago. Got freaked out at first.

All Star
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby All Star » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm

So is the curve predetermined or is it determined based off of how people did? I think I heard that experimental sections helped equate (create the curve for) future tests

Ferulian
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Ferulian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm

AJB wrote:I'm pretty sure the LR was 25-25-26 and RC was 27. Not LR: 25-26-27

I hope you're wrong....
KingJamesLBJ wrote:LR-25 LG-23 LR-26 LR-27 RC-27 so i would assume lr3 is the exp if the test has 101 q's...



Pretty sure 1st lr was 25 questions, so that would leave either LR2 or LR3 to be the exp depending on which one was 27 questions..[/quote]

Please respond to AJB.

How sure are you that the second logical reasoning had 26?

User avatar
action90
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby action90 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Glaucon wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:Concerning misconceptions about the curve:

"...[W]hen taking the LSAT, you're not competing against the other students in the room for your LSAT scores (a common misconception along with the LSAT "curve"), but rather against students who took the test in the previous three years"

http://blueprintprep.com/free-lsat-help ... xplained/1


That's not the definition of "pre-determination". It's impossible to know whether the curve will be -12 or -13.


It's impossible for US to know. LSAC certainly knows the curve already.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3765
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby fips tedora » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Ferulian wrote:
AJB wrote:I'm pretty sure the LR was 25-25-26 and RC was 27. Not LR: 25-26-27

I hope you're wrong....
KingJamesLBJ wrote:LR-25 LG-23 LR-26 LR-27 RC-27 so i would assume lr3 is the exp if the test has 101 q's...



Pretty sure 1st lr was 25 questions, so that would leave either LR2 or LR3 to be the exp depending on which one was 27 questions..


Please respond to AJB.

How sure are you that the second logical reasoning had 26?[/quote]
I had 2 real LR and the second was definitely 26

ls2014
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby ls2014 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:03 pm

I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.

Glaucon
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Glaucon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm

action90 wrote:
Glaucon wrote:
blackbirdfly wrote:Concerning misconceptions about the curve:

"...[W]hen taking the LSAT, you're not competing against the other students in the room for your LSAT scores (a common misconception along with the LSAT "curve"), but rather against students who took the test in the previous three years"

http://blueprintprep.com/free-lsat-help ... xplained/1


That's not the definition of "pre-determination". It's impossible to know whether the curve will be -12 or -13.


It's impossible for US to know. LSAC certainly knows the curve already.


No, LSAC TRIES to determine the curve during test construction, they cannot KNOW. If we all did horribly and would need -15 to reach the top 3%, are you telling me that LSAC will just leave us as is because we didn't fit into their pre-conceived distribution?
Last edited by Glaucon on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby wealtheow » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Got out at 1pm but had to get something to eat right away. Proctors were very efficient. It was amazing how few test takers there were compared to two years ago same time (same test site) - in 2011 there were four rooms full of people, this time, we barely fit in one room.
Anyway, I had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR. I don't remember anything about trees.
Last edited by wealtheow on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ferulian
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Ferulian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:05 pm

MTH2 wrote:
Ferulian wrote:
AJB wrote:I'm pretty sure the LR was 25-25-26 and RC was 27. Not LR: 25-26-27

I hope you're wrong....
KingJamesLBJ wrote:LR-25 LG-23 LR-26 LR-27 RC-27 so i would assume lr3 is the exp if the test has 101 q's...



Pretty sure 1st lr was 25 questions, so that would leave either LR2 or LR3 to be the exp depending on which one was 27 questions..


Please respond to AJB.

How sure are you that the second logical reasoning had 26?

I had 2 real LR and the second was definitely 26[/quote]
Okay. But, that doesn't really help....since your ordering may be different than those who got the experimental section as well...

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3765
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby fips tedora » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:06 pm

wealtheow wrote:Got out at 1pm but had to get something to eat right away. Proctors were very efficient. It was amazing how few test takers there were compared to two years ago same time (same test site) - in 2011 there were four rooms full of people, this time, we barely fit in one room.
Anyway, I had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR. I don't remember anything about trees.

I had 28 in my center and we each got a plastic table to ourselves. Pretty clutch.

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:06 pm

ls2014 wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.



this.

lr1 - 25 , lr2 -25, lr3-26.... im pretty sure LR1 was experimental.. the questions all felt weird... altho LR2 felt incredibly easy for some reason

I had LR - LG - LR - LR-RC

dreamofNYC
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby dreamofNYC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:07 pm

ls2014 wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.


I had the same format. I hope the 1st LR (which started with a fill in the blank SA Q) was REAL!

AJB
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby AJB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:07 pm

It was def. 25-25-26 for experimental LR. After question 15 I worked backwards from the last question, so there's no way I would've missed it.

dreamofNYC
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby dreamofNYC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:
ls2014 wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.



this.

lr1 - 25 , lr2 -25, lr3-26.... im pretty sure LR1 was experimental.. the questions all felt weird... altho LR2 felt incredibly easy for some reason

I had LR - LG - LR - LR-RC


LR2 was harder for me - I didn't finish on time. I am hoping LR1 was real.

User avatar
fips tedora
Posts: 3765
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby fips tedora » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:08 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:
ls2014 wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.


I had the same format. I hope the 1st LR (which started with a fill in the blank SA Q) was REAL!

It was, I remember having to complete the argument and I had two real LR

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:08 pm

I cant remember which questions were to each section so I wont know which section was experimental until the scores come back....that may be a good thing...

User avatar
vuthy
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby vuthy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Glaucon wrote:
No, LSAC TRIES to determine the curve with during test construction, they cannot KNOW. If we all did horribly and would need -15 to reach the top 3%, are you telling me that LSAC will just leave us as is because we didn't fit into their pre-conceived distribution?


Yes.

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby toshiroh » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm

MTH2 wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:
ls2014 wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.


I had the same format. I hope the 1st LR (which started with a fill in the blank SA Q) was REAL!

It was, I remember having to complete the argument and I had two real LR


YEAH!!!!!!! PRAISE!!!!!!! lol

Ferulian
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Ferulian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:
ls2014 wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.



this.

lr1 - 25 , lr2 -25, lr3-26.... im pretty sure LR1 was experimental.. the questions all felt weird... altho LR2 felt incredibly easy for some reason

I had LR - LG - LR - LR-RC

I think in earlier posts people validated that the second logical reasoning, with us having the logical reasoning experimental, was the real one.

In which case, the first one was definitely the experimental.

Kevinlomax
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Kevinlomax » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:09 pm

MTH2 wrote:
dreamofNYC wrote:
ls2014 wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC

I don't remember any LR section having 27 and I'm hoping they didn't because I only bubbled 26 on the third LR section and am almost positive the other 2 had 25. My first LR section started with a SA fill in the blank question that looked very similar to the first one on October's test. Did that section also have the vitamin question in it or was the the other LR section? I had to guess on the last 6 of the last LR section because I took too much time re-reading questions Pretty sure one of them had something to do with chess and students getting better grades? And some question about diesel trucks.


I had the same format. I hope the 1st LR (which started with a fill in the blank SA Q) was REAL!

It was, I remember having to complete the argument and I had two real LR



greeatttttt

ftbchamp232
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby ftbchamp232 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:10 pm

wealtheow wrote:Got out at 1pm but had to get something to eat right away. Proctors were very efficient. It was amazing how few test takers there were compared to two years ago same time (same test site) - in 2011 there were four rooms full of people, this time, we barely fit in one room.
Anyway, I had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR. I don't remember anything about trees.


I don't remember anything about trees either and I had the experimental section as well.

User avatar
mshahsm
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:00 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby mshahsm » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:10 pm

overheard at the crappy community college where I took my test:

"Before we begin the test, does anyone have any questions?"

"Can I have a pencil?"

WHO DOESN'T BRING A PENCIL TO THE TEST

User avatar
USAO-vet
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby USAO-vet » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:10 pm

I had LG-LR-LG-RC-LR and, despite the discussion here, I STILL can't figure out which LG section is the real deal and it's driving me nuts. A few people mentioned "summaries", but I don't recall that at all. Who's willing to tread the line as close as possible without getting banned to help me figure this out??




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests