Post removed.

BFlanagan

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby BFlanagan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:43 pm

Play hard, do the essays.

Over the past year, I've observed several less-than-brilliant TLSers claw their way to a high lsat score, put together a great application package, and get into the school of their dreams - from HYS on down to wherever. You can do it too! Why sell yourself short after all this hard work? :) Go 100% effort, you won't regret it.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:03 pm

BFlanagan wrote:Play hard, do the essays.

Over the past year, I've observed several less-than-brilliant TLSers claw their way to a high lsat score, put together a great application package, and get into the school of their dreams - from HYS on down to wherever. You can do it too! Why sell yourself short after all this hard work? :) Go 100% effort, you won't regret it.

+1

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Btw guys/gals, finished with the essays and so I started tv binging. Finished Firefly....why did no one tell me the show was cancelled after the first season....wtf. Saw Serenity too, but I feel like I have no closure and I hate that feeling. :(

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Bajam wrote:Btw guys/gals, finished with the essays and so I started tv binging.

Nice, you've earned it. :D

Postby 062914123 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Bajam wrote:Btw guys/gals, finished with the essays and so I started tv binging.

thanks! I hope everyone else can get their stuff done so we may all just binge on netflix haha. Tried watching buffy, but Idk it just kinda bored me so I'm on Angel now second season. My tvs been running like 24/7 hahaha

gargoyle

Postby gargoyle » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:

I still haven't finished my essays but have been TV binging like crazy... any words of advice for a hopeless procrastinator are very much appreciated.

BUT I wholeheartedly recommend Bo Burnham's new special. Shit is hilarious.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:03 pm

gargoyle wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:

I still haven't finished my essays but have been TV binging like crazy... any words of advice for a hopeless procrastinator are very much appreciated.

BUT I wholeheartedly recommend Bo Burnham's new special. Shit is hilarious.

Find a friend and have them change the password until you finish your stuff.

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Bajam wrote:Btw guys/gals, finished with the essays and so I started tv binging. Finished Firefly....why did no one tell me the show was cancelled after the first season....wtf. Saw Serenity too, but I feel like I have no closure and I hate that feeling. :(

Sorry :oops: I forgot to mention that. I'd say it gets better with time but I'm still annoyed.

Eta: Buffy is really hard to get through if you didn't get into it while much younger. Especially the first season acting... Brutal. Fully support the decision to skip straight to Angel. You'll learn 90% of things to know about Buffy through Angel anyway.

dosto

Postby dosto » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Last edited by dosto on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:31 pm

bee wrote:
Bajam wrote:Btw guys/gals, finished with the essays and so I started tv binging. Finished Firefly....why did no one tell me the show was cancelled after the first season....wtf. Saw Serenity too, but I feel like I have no closure and I hate that feeling. :(

yeah serenity wasnt a half bad movie but it was a shitty, shitty way to end a great series.

usernotfound wrote:
bee wrote:
usernotfound wrote:So there's really no way to get a fee waiver if there's no LSAT on record? I suppose it would be stupid to wait for waivers once we get our December scores to apply this cycle?

i got waivers before i had a score. off the top of my head, uva will prob give you one.

What did you write in your email? GPA and LSAC#?

yes. and my gpa isnt impressive either.

Hmm, I suppose it's worth a shot. Should I just send something like this?:

Hello,
I have a quick question – I was wondering if School X offered merit-based application fee waivers, and if I would qualify for one. My information is:
LSDAS GPA: x.xx
LSAT SCORE: Awaiting December Administration Score
LSAC ACCOUNT NUMBER: Lxxxxxxxx
Thank you for your time,
Hopeful Law Student

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 pm

CookieDough wrote:

Sorry :oops: I forgot to mention that. I'd say it gets better with time but I'm still annoyed.

Eta: Buffy is really hard to get through if you didn't get into it while much younger. Especially the first season acting... Brutal. Fully support the decision to skip straight to Angel. You'll learn 90% of things to know about Buffy through Angel anyway.

I watched buffy when I was younger but it was just whatever episodes were on tv at whatever time that I coincidentally watched TV lol. I liked it back then, but yea just watching a bit of the first season I just felt like uhh...wtf. Angel I also watched like Buffy, but for some reason I saw more episodes of it than Buffy and I liked it a lot so I'm thoroughly enjoying watching it again and actually going in order. Already crushed first season for probably you know why (no worries no spoiler here!) haha. Oh well.

BFlanagan

Postby BFlanagan » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Bajam wrote:
CookieDough wrote:

I watched buffy when I was younger but it was just whatever episodes were on tv at whatever time that I coincidentally watched TV lol. I liked it back then, but yea just watching a bit of the first season I just felt like uhh...wtf. Angel I also watched like Buffy, but for some reason I saw more episodes of it than Buffy and I liked it a lot so I'm thoroughly enjoying watching it again and actually going in order. Already crushed first season for probably you know why (no worries no spoiler here!) haha. Oh well.

If I remember correctly, "oh, look, a bad guy," then trips the vampire standing by entrance while walking with Xander into school. yeah, that's from the season one finale 15 years ago...lol good stuff

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:23 am

Bajam wrote:
CookieDough wrote:

The first season is just so slow and campy... Lol I totally get it. Enjoy Angel in order!

dosto

Postby dosto » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:45 am

Last edited by dosto on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:49 am

What was the most voted curve again? -12?

snagglepuss

Postby snagglepuss » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:54 am

DaRascal wrote:What was the most voted curve again? -12?

Check this post, you may be surprised by what you find.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=220914#p7298678

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:05 am

How did you do that?

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:08 am

dosto wrote:
usernotfound wrote:Hmm, I suppose it's worth a shot. Should I just send something like this?:

Hello,
I have a quick question – I was wondering if School X offered merit-based application fee waivers, and if I would qualify for one. My information is:
LSDAS GPA: x.xx
LSAT SCORE: Awaiting December Administration Score
LSAC ACCOUNT NUMBER: Lxxxxxxxx
Thank you for your time,
Hopeful Law Student

No, just send something similar to what was suggested a few pages back, and add a sentence about still awaiting your December '13 LSAT score.

Ahh, ok, thanks. I'll try and send a few emails out tomorrow to CCN and down.

snagglepuss

Postby snagglepuss » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:13 am

DaRascal wrote:How did you do that?

Do what? This? You just include the post id from the page source on the end of the url (you can click the link to specific post in the source to get the full url).

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:25 am

snagglepuss wrote:

Do what? This? You just include the post id from the page source on the end of the url (you can click the link to specific post in the source to get the full url).

(you can also just click the little box next to "posted")

snagglepuss

Postby snagglepuss » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 am

scoobers wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/fGLHm5kl.png[img]

(you can also just click the little box next to "posted")

You mean copy and paste the link from their post history or the quote button? I know that works, but for me it's quicker to right click into the page source.

E: nvm see what you're saying. never noticed that

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:38 am

for people curious, this is the little square i'm talking about:

PatriotP74

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:15 am

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”