Post removed.

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby mellow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:22 pm

mellow wrote:
Bajam wrote:Ughhh I been trying to finish why statements but the power of finishing seasons worth of tv i've missed have been so distracting. I write maybe like two words per episode.

That's why I banned myself from all distractions except TLS until I sent out my last app. It was painful but so, so worth it with how stress free I am now.

Wait, fixed it.

User avatar
theramblingfool
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby theramblingfool » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:25 pm

mellow wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:The LSAT seemed like ages ago. I know it has only been 9 days but it feels like months since I took it. I finally put all my LSAT packets, prep books, and PTs in a box over the weekend.


Mine are still scattered all over my floor. I don't have the heart to put them all away (and I might end up needing them one last time, who knows)

I'm throwing mine away once I get into a school I'd be ok with attending (and with the right amount of scholly) and not a moment before. Like you said, who knows? I might just end up sitting out a year.


I actually don't think I will be able to throw mine away. I think I'll have to dedicate some space in my filing cabinet to storing these. Too sentimental?

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby bombaysippin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:33 pm

I felt bad that I wasn't going to recycle 2000+ pages of PTs and other paper. But then found a solution of my pops using the other side for whatever he needs to print on junk paper.

As for the rest of the stuff I was like eff the sentimental value and put whatever I could in a huge black trash bag and said peace.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:58 pm

bee wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:The LSAT seemed like ages ago. I know it has only been 9 days but it feels like months since I took it. I finally put all my LSAT packets, prep books, and PTs in a box over the weekend.


Mine are still scattered all over my floor. I don't have the heart to put them all away (and I might end up needing them one last time, who knows)

same. i keep thinking that i should do a few games... maybe a section of lr or two... JUST IN CASE.


Pretty much this. I didn't start studying after October until we got our scores, and I'm getting vaguely paranoid that I should be staying sharp...

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:59 pm

theramblingfool wrote:
mellow wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:The LSAT seemed like ages ago. I know it has only been 9 days but it feels like months since I took it. I finally put all my LSAT packets, prep books, and PTs in a box over the weekend.


Mine are still scattered all over my floor. I don't have the heart to put them all away (and I might end up needing them one last time, who knows)

I'm throwing mine away once I get into a school I'd be ok with attending (and with the right amount of scholly) and not a moment before. Like you said, who knows? I might just end up sitting out a year.


I actually don't think I will be able to throw mine away. I think I'll have to dedicate some space in my filing cabinet to storing these. Too sentimental?


I have three shelves on my bookcase dedicated to LSAT prep materials. Part sentimental, part just a way to remind myself that I'm probably not as stressed now as I was then. :lol: Makes me feel better sometimes.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby 062914123 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:20 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:22 pm

bee wrote:omg your new avatar


wash was one of the jossings that pissed me off the most :|


Ok so I was driving a few weeks ago and saw a license plate holder that said "I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

I legit teared up.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby 062914123 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:27 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby mellow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 pm

CookieDough wrote:
bee wrote:omg your new avatar


wash was one of the jossings that pissed me off the most :|


Ok so I was driving a few weeks ago and saw a license plate holder that said "I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

I legit teared up.

but with the "resurrection" of coulson, anything's possible! :wink:

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:30 pm

mellow wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
bee wrote:omg your new avatar


wash was one of the jossings that pissed me off the most :|


Ok so I was driving a few weeks ago and saw a license plate holder that said "I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

I legit teared up.

but with the "resurrection" of coulson, anything's possible! :wink:


All I have to say is Fred from Angel. Sometimes he brings people back JUST TO KILL THEM AGAIN. :x

ETA: He's also publicly stated that Wash is done, even in the comics.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby 062914123 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:34 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 pm

bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:All I have to say is Fred from Angel. Sometimes he brings people back JUST TO KILL THEM AGAIN. :x

ETA: He's also publicly stated that Wash is done, even in the comics.

angel was the worst for this, EVERYONE DIED.

eta i was pretty upset about book too :|


Fair. Especially because they never got a chance to tell his back story...

SEngland
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby SEngland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:30 pm

What up.

User avatar
thejerseykid
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby thejerseykid » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:32 pm

CookieDough wrote:
bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:All I have to say is Fred from Angel. Sometimes he brings people back JUST TO KILL THEM AGAIN. :x

ETA: He's also publicly stated that Wash is done, even in the comics.

angel was the worst for this, EVERYONE DIED.

eta i was pretty upset about book too :|


Fair. Especially because they never got a chance to tell his back story...


So there are some Whedon fans on this forum. Awesome! I've only ever seen Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog but I enjoyed it and since then I've had just about all of his series on my Netflix Instant list but I still haven't gone through it. Maybe now that I'm done with the LSAT I'll be able to get on that... After applications are complete of course.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:38 pm

thejerseykid wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:All I have to say is Fred from Angel. Sometimes he brings people back JUST TO KILL THEM AGAIN. :x

ETA: He's also publicly stated that Wash is done, even in the comics.

angel was the worst for this, EVERYONE DIED.

eta i was pretty upset about book too :|


Fair. Especially because they never got a chance to tell his back story...


So there are some Whedon fans on this forum. Awesome! I've only ever seen Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog but I enjoyed it and since then I've had just about all of his series on my Netflix Instant list but I still haven't gone through it. Maybe now that I'm done with the LSAT I'll be able to get on that... After applications are complete of course.


Do you like to cry? Do you want to curse at a man you've never met? Do you not want to trust that loved ones don't suddenly die for no reason?

If you answered yes to any of these questions start with firefly, then serenity. Then work your way through Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse etc in chronological order to get the most "oh them again!" bang for your buck.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:40 pm

CookieDough wrote:Do you like to cry? Do you want to curse at a man you've never met? Do you not want to trust that loved ones don't suddenly die for no reason?

If you answered yes to any of these questions start with firefly, then serenity. Then work your way through Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse etc in chronological order to get the most "oh them again!" bang for your buck.


credited

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Also don't bother trying to watch Buffy/Angel at the same time. First, it doesn't line up. And second, on the off chance you forget the relevant Buffy episode by the time you watch Angel, I can save you the trouble. Everything sucks. You're welcome.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby dasani13 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:52 pm

I know a lot of you are retakers so I'd appreciate your input on my study schedule for the February test. I posted it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=214583&start=250

Thank you very much in advance.

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby mellow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Whedon fans:

Is Agents of SHIELD any good? I've heard disappointing reviews from friends so I'm thinking of skipping it in my tv binge.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:55 pm

mellow wrote:Whedon fans:

Is Agents of SHIELD any good? I've heard disappointing reviews from friends so I'm thinking of skipping it in my tv binge.


I like it, but my standards are low so... Maybe? The first episode has some guest stars that were fun, and it's set in what looks like a made over Serenity, which was neat. Overall I'd say it's not quite at true Whedon levels but it's entertaining enough that I spend 50 minutes a week on it.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby bombaysippin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:00 pm

CookieDough wrote:Do you like to cry? Do you want to curse at a man you've never met? Do you not want to trust that loved ones don't suddenly die for no reason?

If you answered yes to any of these questions start with firefly, then serenity. Then work your way through Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse etc in chronological order to get the most "oh them again!" bang for your buck.


Is this all on Netflix? If not where?

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby CookieDough » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Bajam wrote:
CookieDough wrote:Do you like to cry? Do you want to curse at a man you've never met? Do you not want to trust that loved ones don't suddenly die for no reason?

If you answered yes to any of these questions start with firefly, then serenity. Then work your way through Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse etc in chronological order to get the most "oh them again!" bang for your buck.


Is this all on Netflix? If not where?


Yes. Yes it is.

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby mellow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Bajam wrote:
CookieDough wrote:Do you like to cry? Do you want to curse at a man you've never met? Do you not want to trust that loved ones don't suddenly die for no reason?

If you answered yes to any of these questions start with firefly, then serenity. Then work your way through Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse etc in chronological order to get the most "oh them again!" bang for your buck.

Is this all on Netflix? If not where?

just a few pages ago you were saying you should put off tv until apps are done. resist the temptation! haha

User avatar
Nightrunner
Posts: 5345
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Postby Nightrunner » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:10 pm

CookieDough wrote:Do you like to cry? Do you want to curse at a man you've never met? Do you not want to trust that loved ones don't suddenly die for no reason?

If you answered yes to any of these questions start with firefly, then serenity. Then work your way through Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse etc in chronological order to get the most "oh them again!" bang for your buck.


OK so I love (love) basically everything Joss I have ever seen. But I've never seen Buffy or Angel, in large part because I missed the train of watching it as a kid, and now I'm a grown-ass man and it feels like watching Buffy or Angel is absurd. But I do like to ask the question: is it as good as the rest of his stuff?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot], YHSCCN2020 and 4 guests