Post removed.

User avatar
raindrop
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby raindrop » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Took mine at a community college and two classes at the end of the hall were supposed to be reserved for the LSAT. A teacher was with some students in one of the rooms though, made a bid deal and wouldn't leave... They must have been doing presentations or something because there was intermittent clapping coming from their room throughout the exam. Kind of annoying but I got used to it and ended up thinking it was funny.

User avatar
KingJamesLBJ
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Lock74 wrote:I had LR LG LR LR RC.

Has been determined if the second LR was the experimental? It was the hardest section for me by far.

LG and RC were not that bad and I think overall LR was standard. I would not expect a high curve -10/-11 at most is likely.


I hope it was the 2nd, i wish someone would confirm. I can barely remember anything context wise from lr

User avatar
action90
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby action90 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:21 pm

AAJD2B wrote:LR2 slaughtered me. I ran out of time.

LG was more difficult than October.

RC real was also more difficult.

Off to drink my sorrows away. Not feeling great about this at all...but whatever, I've already landed a T20 acceptance and anticipate at least one T10 acceptance even with my first score.

FUCK YOU LSAT!!!


I thought with prions, 70 RC was harder. Thought 70 LR was harder too, 26Q section was really tough. LG wayyyyyyy harder on this one though.

Surprised to see so many MP q's.

AJB
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby AJB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

RC with Video Games/mirrors was real

LG with books and summaries was real

I had LR(25)-LG-LR(25)-LR(26)-RC. Kind of hoping the second LR was exp. Anyone know?

chickentikka
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby chickentikka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Did the real 26Q LR have some questions where there was one stim for 2 questions?

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm really worried that people found LG difficult. I'm horrible at LG and I thought it was easy. I'm never right when it comes to LG. Ack, I probably misread an important rule...

fr00bz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby fr00bz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 pm

was the north wing / south wing/ west wing the REAL LG?

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby ftbchamp231 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Now our tests get brought by carrier pigeon to LSACs moon base scantron machine to be scored.... that's the only reason it could possibly take until January, isn't it?

Hard to tell what the curve will be since it is based on who takes the test. I know I heard a lot of people shooting for 150s and did "A few" practice tests...

Glaucon
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Glaucon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 pm

chickentikka wrote:Did the real 26Q LR have some questions where there was one stim for 2 questions?


I don't know what you're asking. But the 26Q had a question about Rabbit populations and their predators; cement cracking or hardening. No, there was not 1 stim for 2 questions.
Last edited by Glaucon on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby ftbchamp231 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:26 pm

fr00bz wrote:was the north wing / south wing/ west wing the REAL LG?


nope...I wish... That game was a lot of fun once you figured out the trick to it.
I killed that section, floundered on the real one.

dreamofNYC
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby dreamofNYC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:27 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
Lock74 wrote:I had LR LG LR LR RC.

Has been determined if the second LR was the experimental? It was the hardest section for me by far.

LG and RC were not that bad and I think overall LR was standard. I would not expect a high curve -10/-11 at most is likely.


I hope it was the 2nd, i wish someone would confirm. I can barely remember anything context wise from lr


I had the same exact setup and am hoping that the 2nd LR (the last section of the first part of the exam before the break) was experimental. I did not finish it on time. Then the 4th section after the break was OK (felt similar to the 1st one in difficulty) and the RC killed me (F***ING taxes, I stared at that for 15 min, and then tried hard to go back uphill from there!)

fr00bz
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby fr00bz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:27 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:
fr00bz wrote:was the north wing / south wing/ west wing the REAL LG?


nope...I wish... That game was a lot of fun once you figured out the trick to it.
I killed that section, floundered on the real one.



NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

worst. news. ever.

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby blackbirdfly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Here is how it went for me (not in this order):

LR1: I thought it was on the easier side. I finished early and reviewed my answers.
LR2: Horrible! I guessed on the last two questions and did not have the chance to review my circled ones
LG: I thought it was straightforward...
RC exp: Easy! I wish it were the real one. I finished 5 minutes early, which never happens with RC
RC 2: I struggled a bit with this one.

I'm predicting a -10 curve, though I am hopping for at least -11.

Ferulian
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Ferulian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Lock74 wrote:I had LR LG LR LR RC.

Has been determined if the second LR was the experimental? It was the hardest section for me by far.

LG and RC were not that bad and I think overall LR was standard. I would not expect a high curve -10/-11 at most is likely.

I had the exact same, with the first LR being substantially easier for me than the other two.

As in, I finished with like 5 minutes to spare, and went back to check my work.(Which has never happened for me before)

Glaucon wrote:One of the LRs (25 questions), had its most difficult questions in the first 17, which is odd. That section had the question about chocolate and vanilla.

I remember a section with chocolate and vanilla. I think it was the first out of the three that I took?

I almost have no recollection of the LR questions. And will stalk this thread till some way of divining which one was real arises.

dp714
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby dp714 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:If it's anything less than -12, I'm royally fucked


I think I agree with this. Especially about the red herrings. I didnt have the LR experimental, but I know I circled like 8 LR questions in all, which I found more time consuming and/or I wasnt completely percent sure of my answer, and that a bunch of the answer choices were way too easy to eliminate for these questions. I also remember feeling that there was TOO MUCH DETAIL.


I agree with both of these. TOO MUCH DETAIL. I would eliminate 3 quickly and then I'd be staring at 2 that could each definitely be correct depending on how you define a word. I have a feeling I'll be looking at the correct answers and still not know why one is right and one is wrong.


TOO MUCH DETAIL. Hopefully its just a psychometric trick to fuck with one's head. Glad I started bubbling answers after each question as opposed to doing it page by page like early on in my PTing..

towardvision
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:21 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby towardvision » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

sigh..
Last edited by towardvision on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
usernotfound
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby usernotfound » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

chickentikka wrote:Did the real 26Q LR have some questions where there was one stim for 2 questions?


No.

fpustorino
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby fpustorino » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:30 pm

I had LR-LG-LR / LR-RC

I got killed on the second LR section. something about new and old oil fields? hoping this was experimental...

Took the full time on LG but overall did not think it was very difficult at all. pretty straight forward.

RC was pretty easy. Nothing too "confusing scientific" about it... thats what usually throws me off.

Anybody know if that second LR section with oil fields was exp?

User avatar
usernotfound
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby usernotfound » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:30 pm

towardvision wrote:Did the real LR have something about employing appropriate methods and mastery of education?? ( sometihng similar.. )


I believe I recall something similar. I think it was the 26 section.

Glaucon
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Glaucon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:30 pm

towardvision wrote:Did the real LR have something about employing appropriate methods and mastery of education?? ( sometihng similar.. )


Yes.

Ben Reilly
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Ben Reilly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:30 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:Now our tests get brought by carrier pigeon to LSACs moon base scantron machine to be scored.... that's the only reason it could possibly take until January, isn't it?

Hard to tell what the curve will be since it is based on who takes the test. I know I heard a lot of people shooting for 150s and did "A few" practice tests...


From what I've read in the past, it's based on how the creators believe that everyone will perform.

User avatar
action90
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby action90 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 pm

towardvision wrote:Did the real LR have something about employing appropriate methods and mastery of education?? ( sometihng similar.. )


Yeah

User avatar
action90
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby action90 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
ftbchamp231 wrote:Now our tests get brought by carrier pigeon to LSACs moon base scantron machine to be scored.... that's the only reason it could possibly take until January, isn't it?

Hard to tell what the curve will be since it is based on who takes the test. I know I heard a lot of people shooting for 150s and did "A few" practice tests...


From what I've read in the past, it's based on how the creators believe that everyone will perform.


I thought the curve was predetermined as well.

Glaucon
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Glaucon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:31 pm

fpustorino wrote:I had LR-LG-LR / LR-RC

I got killed on the second LR section. something about new and old oil fields? hoping this was experimental...

Took the full time on LG but overall did not think it was very difficult at all. pretty straight forward.

RC was pretty easy. Nothing too "confusing scientific" about it... thats what usually throws me off.

Anybody know if that second LR section with oil fields was exp?


Oil fields was real.

Fifth_Business
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby Fifth_Business » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:32 pm

LR-LG-RC-LR-RC

LR included one on hypnosis.

Was shocked to see RC was my experimental. LR1 seemed too easy. LG seemed too easy.

It felt like my best test ever, which terrifies me.

Time for a drink!
Last edited by Fifth_Business on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Instrumental and 14 guests