Page 67 of 221

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:18 pm
by CookieDough
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
wtrc wrote::) all good. Is everyone here planning on having apps 100% ready to send the day scores are out?


i ammmmmmm


Same


Yep. Mine are mostly done. Minus a few Why X Statements and I'm sure one or two freak outs about potential typos...

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:19 pm
by 062914123
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:21 pm
by CookieDough
bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Same


Yep. Mine are mostly done. Minus a few Why X Statements and I'm sure one or two freak outs about potential typos...

im aiming to get mine in before xmas but lol idk how realistic that is


To be fair, I submitted a few to safety schools, but with my GPA, I need to wait on scores to decide which apps are worth the fee :/

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:21 pm
by John_rizzy_rawls
If you've got an LoR writer set up, that should be a realistic timeline

With your 180 you just need to make sure to not write your PS in burnt sienna crayon and you should be alright

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:22 pm
by ManoftheHour
If we send the apps now, would it just be "Incomplete" before receiving the December LSAT score? That's how the majority of my apps are now.

The only schools I haven't applied to are the T14s because I'd be wasting my money if my score isn't as good as I think it is.

I'm just wondering why some of you (people who already have a 170+ logged on a previous LSAT) would not submit your apps now.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm
by mellow
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
There is definitely people that are scared of posting in this thread, and many subsequent threads I think. Some threads have a much chiller atmosphere, and some are like the "popular girls" in high school that that thought they were hot shit, but really didn't understand that Rocawear and Timberland boots were ghetto.


I understand waiters fear even less than I understand lounge fear.


I think this isn't fear of "lounge" or fear of "waiters"...it's fear of diving into a totally new social group. It's like walking into lunch on the first day of a new school and not knowing where to sit.

imo, it's not fear per se. I decided to lurk in the octobers waiters thread because it seemed like a lot of the regular posters were already really close (irl too). I didn't want to butt in and more importantly I didn't really care for keeping in touch/talking/etc with random people I didn't know in the first place. this time I know a few people I'm genuinely interested in talking to and want to keep updated on.

but then again, I'm just speaking for myself.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 pm
by 062914123
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:26 pm
by muzzy
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 pm
by dosto
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 pm
by mellow
CookieDough wrote:
bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Same


Yep. Mine are mostly done. Minus a few Why X Statements and I'm sure one or two freak outs about potential typos...

im aiming to get mine in before xmas but lol idk how realistic that is


To be fair, I submitted a few to safety schools, but with my GPA, I need to wait on scores to decide which apps are worth the fee :/

Did you try soliciting fee waivers after October score release? It makes deciding which schools are worth the fee when there's none to worry about haha

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 pm
by esrom55
Anybody else played the "What-if" game on Law School Predictor lately? Today it's telling me that even with a 180, Harvard is a deny, while Yale is a strong consider. Anyone else noticed Harvard is already full?

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:28 pm
by John_rizzy_rawls
ManoftheHour wrote:I'm just wondering why some of you (people who already have a 170+ logged on a previous LSAT) would not submit your apps now.


Shitty gpa

You should send out apps to the T14, Trojan brother, may as well with apps down

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:30 pm
by 062914123
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm
by Hotguy
You guys are seriously over-thinking this whole thing. While it's quite possible that there are plenty of people with fear of going to the Lounge for the reasons noted above. I think it has more to do with having the time to get into a topic that is in their 900th page. What chup said makes sense(usually the conversation is about the past two pages), but a lot of people who are not familiar with big forums will not know that.
At the same time, having people from the Lounge visiting people here would be useful, since the usual cycle of an active user in the Lounge does usually starts here.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm
by CookieDough
melodygreenleaf wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
To be fair, I submitted a few to safety schools, but with my GPA, I need to wait on scores to decide which apps are worth the fee :/

Did you try soliciting fee waivers after October score release? It makes deciding which schools are worth the fee when there's none to worry about haha


Lol I have not solicited fee waivers. I actually got a bunch unsolicited, which since you know my stats was confusing, but I am not complaining! But there are a few that I didn't get waivers from that I'm considering applying to depending on how Dec went. *Fingers crossed*

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:32 pm
by muzzy
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 pm
by CookieDough
bee wrote:i have fee waivers everywhere except chi, berk, and hys, but the lsac reporting fees alone are eye popping. im thinking about dropping a few schools off my list bc of how much it costs even with waivers.

also--has anyone ever had any luck soliciting from chi?


No info on Chi, but the reporting fees are also a main concern at this point... How many schools are on your list as of now?

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 pm
by 062914123
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:33 pm
by goldenboy514
melodygreenleaf wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
There is definitely people that are scared of posting in this thread, and many subsequent threads I think. Some threads have a much chiller atmosphere, and some are like the "popular girls" in high school that that thought they were hot shit, but really didn't understand that Rocawear and Timberland boots were ghetto.


I understand waiters fear even less than I understand lounge fear.


I think this isn't fear of "lounge" or fear of "waiters"...it's fear of diving into a totally new social group. It's like walking into lunch on the first day of a new school and not knowing where to sit.

imo, it's not fear per se. I decided to lurk in the octobers waiters thread because it seemed like a lot of the regular posters were already really close (irl too). I didn't want to butt in and more importantly I didn't really care for keeping in touch/talking/etc with random people I didn't know in the first place. this time I know a few people I'm genuinely interested in talking to and want to keep updated on.

but then again, I'm just speaking for myself.


Agreed, also many posters are obviously more interested in contributing to the thread then others, and many are more welcoming then others. Really started posting in the Dec retake thread, and some megaposters (bee and tea) were more welcoming than others.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:34 pm
by 062914123
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:34 pm
by barrelofmonkeys
HTH GUYS:
Hipster but Athletic wrote:You'll be dubbed a shitposter if you call vocal posters out about their bullshit. Just be genuine. If people don't like you, decide if you care, or if you still like what you're posting. Trying too hard is the #1 way to make teh internetz stink for everyone. That mostly means trying to inject GIFs where they're unnecessary thinking that finding cool GIFs makes you sweet. Another good example was paratactical, who really just resorted to this graphic weird sex schtick when she was in a bind because she seemed to cover "+1's". Another good tip that's sort of along the lines of what I've already said is just to try to add value. Figure out whether you're a funny guy, a good trash talker, a helpful guy, or someone like me who is really well rounded and just by virtue of participation you add value. But try to make posts have meaning. IBTl and plus 1 are pretty bad. Also dont be self righteous. Also don't be stubborn. Also just PM me if you need help. Also, pace yourself. Don't try to do too much too fast. TLS is a tight butthole. Eventually you can get your fist in her, but when you're just starting out, lead with just your thumb.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:34 pm
by dosto
.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:35 pm
by CookieDough
bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
bee wrote:i have fee waivers everywhere except chi, berk, and hys, but the lsac reporting fees alone are eye popping. im thinking about dropping a few schools off my list bc of how much it costs even with waivers.

also--has anyone ever had any luck soliciting from chi?


No info on Chi, but the reporting fees are also a main concern at this point... How many schools are on your list as of now?

like 18 :oops:


Don't even worry, my list is at least 25 deep :oops: Obviously when I know my score, I will refine it, hopefully by taking the bottom 1/3ish off!

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:36 pm
by RCO2012
bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:
bee wrote:
CookieDough wrote:Yep. Mine are mostly done. Minus a few Why X Statements and I'm sure one or two freak outs about potential typos...



To be fair, I submitted a few to safety schools, but with my GPA, I need to wait on scores to decide which apps are worth the fee :/

Did you try soliciting fee waivers after October score release? It makes deciding which schools are worth the fee when there's none to worry about haha

i have fee waivers everywhere except chi, berk, and hys, but the lsac reporting fees alone are eye popping. im thinking about dropping a few schools off my list bc of how much it costs even with waivers.

also--has anyone ever had any luck soliciting from chi?


I haven't heard of anyone successfully soliciting for merit based from them. You can have my waiver, Bee.

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:36 pm
by muzzy
.