Post removed.

goldenboy514

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Postby goldenboy514 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:07 pm

wtrc wrote:PROTIP: if you think something is not allowed, quoting it to tell the person it's not allowed and that it should be deleted doesn't make logical sense hth

ya already edited that out

Postby 062914123 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OVOXO

Postby OVOXO » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Had an rc exp. One passage was about acupuncture. Probably the easiest RC section I’ve ever done.

izzy895

Postby izzy895 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Ahh the acupuncture yes I had that one too, experimental for sure?

mellow

Postby mellow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:18 pm

izzy895 wrote:Ahh the acupuncture yes I had that one too, experimental for sure?

definitely experimental. it was so easy compared to the actual one :(

angels2fly

Postby angels2fly » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:19 pm

wtrc wrote::) all good. Is everyone here planning on having apps 100% ready to send the day scores are out?

submitting next week and asking them to hold. crazy how long some schools take to go complete so i figure this is the best bet

izzy895

Postby izzy895 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Yea I did find the experimental not bad overall and I was happy to get through my worst section feeling good. I died a little on the inside when I saw another rc passage lol. I found LG a bit harder than normal i think these were just unfavorable for me personally, but it worries me a bit that people found the real rc difficult.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm

i am going to drive myself insane on this forum waiting for this score. god help me

barrelofmonkeys

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:26 pm

thevuch wrote:i am going to drive myself insane on this forum waiting for this score. god help me

oh boy. it's only the second day.

protip: make some awesome friends and spend the next month tearing this thread up with them.

izzy895

Postby izzy895 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:27 pm

thevuch wrote:i am going to drive myself insane on this forum waiting for this score. god help me

I feel you, I told myself I was not going to look at it when I got home but look where we are lol

mellow

Postby mellow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:27 pm

wtrc wrote::) all good. Is everyone here planning on having apps 100% ready to send the day scores are out?

already submitted all a week or two ago except for a couple that I still need to write "Why X" statements for. get your apps in asap waiters, it could take weeks for them to process and mark your app as complete. some might request interviews as well that you can get out of the way.

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:29 pm

i feel so, disappointed in a way for months it was like PREP PREP PREP PREP STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STRESS STRESS STRESS STRESS. and then in one morning, read some shit and fill in some bubbles, and then hand it in....and thats it! thanks!

thevuch

Postby thevuch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 pm

melodygreenleaf wrote:

already submitted all a week or two ago except for a couple that I still need to write "Why X" statements for. get your apps in asap waiters, it could take weeks for them to process and mark your app as complete. some might request interviews as well that you can get out of the way.

so even without the LSAT score released get em in?

KingJamesLBJ

Postby KingJamesLBJ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 pm

melodygreenleaf wrote:

But can you submit them without a score?

mellow

Postby mellow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:But can you submit them without a score?

thevuch wrote:so even without the LSAT score released get em in?

Yes. Just put December 2013 with no score in the tests section of the apps and they'll hold for your December score. Some schools might even start looking at them now and accept you if they like you even without the new score (Michigan for example).

sunburned

Postby sunburned » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:37 pm

I took the test in Japan yesterday and after reading through this thread in its entirety on my cellphone with a crushing hangover I am still lost as to which one of my LG was experimental.

A lot of the test is a blur to me but I am pretty sure the first LG section contained the emperor's reign question which I've read in this thread was experimental. The second LG section I believe contained a game about nonstop flights. Someone in this thread who only had one LG section said this wasn't on their test.

I'd really appreciate any insight you could provide. Was nonstop flights part of the real section?

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:54 pm

guys did anyone have 3 LR sections? which one was experimental? i had some questions about foxes and another question about hounds in the one i think was experimental. can anyone confirm?

seanlsat

Postby seanlsat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:57 pm

sunburned wrote:I took the test in Japan yesterday and after reading through this thread in its entirety on my cellphone with a crushing hangover I am still lost as to which one of my LG was experimental.

A lot of the test is a blur to me but I am pretty sure the first LG section contained the emperor's reign question which I've read in this thread was experimental. The second LG section I believe contained a game about nonstop flights. Someone in this thread who only had one LG section said this wasn't on their test.

I'd really appreciate any insight you could provide. Was nonstop flights part of the real section?

Hi,
I took the test in Beijing and I'm pretty sure the nonstop flight LG was the actual one since I only had one LG section.
I would be greatly helpful to me if you could tell me about your RC section. I had two RCs and am trying to find out which one is real.
Did you have RC that includes "African American artists" & "biology department/molecule biology"
OR "Privatization" & "economic theory on punishment"?

Thank you so much!

mellow

Postby mellow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 pm

seanlsat wrote:Hi,
I took the test in Beijing and I'm pretty sure the nonstop flight LG was the actual one since I only had one LG section.
I would be greatly helpful to me if you could tell me about your RC section. I had two RCs and am trying to find out which one is real.
Did you have RC that includes "African American artists" & "biology department/molecule biology"

Thank you so much!

International tests are different from the ones administered in the US. I can tell you that my exp RC was privatization & economic theory of punishment, but my real RC was not african american artists & biology department.

For the US test, the real RC had color painting, MMORPG, innate ability, and mirrors.

ETA: african american artists could be color painting my bad. but I don't remember molecule biology?
Last edited by mellow on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:07 pm

I need to start my personal statement but can't think of a topic...

teampeeta

Postby teampeeta » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:08 pm

seanlsat wrote:
sunburned wrote:I took the test in Japan yesterday and after reading through this thread in its entirety on my cellphone with a crushing hangover I am still lost as to which one of my LG was experimental.

Hi,

Thank you so much!

Assuming there isn't some huge difference between tests administered in the US and in Beijing, I think AfAm artists was real and privatization and economic theory on punishment was experimental. I had RC experimental and I had both sets of passages, but my friend had LR experimental and had Af Am artists on her test.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:08 pm

thevuch wrote:i feel so, disappointed in a way for months it was like PREP PREP PREP PREP STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STRESS STRESS STRESS STRESS. and then in one morning, read some shit and fill in some bubbles, and then hand it in....and thats it! thanks!

You're not alone. After putting in hundreds of hours of studying, it's like wow, this is not as dramatic as I expected it to be.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Somewhat off topic, but I swear I remember reading a thread here that listed the application requirements for T14 schools. I can't seem to find it, so if such a thing does exist, could anyone be kind enough to link it to me?

Also, for applications, most schools only require Transcript, LSAT score, Resume, and P.S.?

jttoplawschools93

Postby jttoplawschools93 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:14 pm

usernotfound wrote:Somewhat off topic, but I swear I remember reading a thread here that listed the application requirements for T14 schools. I can't seem to find it, so if such a thing does exist, could anyone be kind enough to link it to me?

Also, for applications, most schools only require Transcript, LSAT score, Resume, and P.S.?

and letters of rec

mellow

Postby mellow » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:18 pm

usernotfound wrote:Somewhat off topic, but I swear I remember reading a thread here that listed the application requirements for T14 schools. I can't seem to find it, so if such a thing does exist, could anyone be kind enough to link it to me?

The schools below T6 really like "Why X" essays as well. (Some would even say that it'd be difficult to get into say, Penn, without one.)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”