Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
snagglepuss

Gold

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:07 pm

aschup wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
aschup wrote:Did the October waiters all do terribly on the LSAT and have to retake or are you guys just deathly afraid of shitposting in the Lounge?
No, just the quality of the posts there are below average compared to the ones here. Bearsgirl is a good example.
I think this is supposed to be a joke, but it makes absolutely no sense and sure as fuck isn't funny, so I guess I'll take it as a representative sample.

You all suck as posters and should be better, is what I'm saying.
Ouch man. Some of us are a little less waiter-y.

RCO2012

Silver

Post by RCO2012 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:08 pm

dosto wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
bee wrote:
t, when did i tell you that? lol

or is this some sort of weird mind meld thing
We've discussed this b4 bb

But I've also read your entire poast history at some point tbh
Tbh some women can make smoking look very attractive.
And men.

Last edited by RCO2012 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
aschup wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
aschup wrote:Did the October waiters all do terribly on the LSAT and have to retake or are you guys just deathly afraid of shitposting in the Lounge?
No, just the quality of the posts there are below average compared to the ones here. Bearsgirl is a good example.
I think this is supposed to be a joke, but it makes absolutely no sense and sure as fuck isn't funny, so I guess I'll take it as a representative sample.

I don't even consider you a waiter, as you are a good poster and I mostly know you from your posts in the Lounge anyway. You are exempt from my disdain of this mewling gif-vomiting lot.

retaking23

Bronze

Post by retaking23 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
neprep wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:BTW, at my test center some girl that had taken in Oct. and was retaking recognized me and connected me to my TLS username. She was nice to my face, but I overheard her talking to her friend at break and she called me a "total prick with a high score" who has "some snooty man smoking as his picture on top-law-schools". I can imagine things got worse from there.

So, I imagine my reputation isn't fantastic here.
How did she recognize you? Through a previous PW?
I think so. She didn't explicitly say that, but she came up to me saying she remembered me from Oct. Then, she asked if I was on TLS. I said yes. She said she was a lurker. I said "oh I don't like your type". She took it as a joke (I think). I wished her luck b/c I was going to use the lavatory, she returned the wish and proceeded to defame Bill Evans with her equally lurker-ish type friend.
Lmao. During my second administration, I saw some TLSer reveal himself and get flooded with questions about tips/advice while waiting outside test center. Made mental note to never disclose or do anything to raise suspicions about my alter ego.

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Post removed.

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:12 pm

aschup wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
Hotguy wrote:

You all suck as posters and should be better, is what I'm saying.[
I don't even consider you a waiter, as you are a good poster. You are exempt from my disdain of this mewling gif-vomiting lot.
Seriously now though, the Lounge is just so big and I don't know the majority of the posters there. I guess I need to get out of the LSAT bubble.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:13 pm

aschup wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
aschup wrote:
I don't even consider you a waiter, as you are a good poster and I mostly know you from your posts in the Lounge anyway. You are exempt from my disdain of this mewling gif-vomiting lot.
Mewling is a cool word. And I think being considered not a waiter is the ultimate compliment on TLS at this point.

angels2fly

Bronze

Post by angels2fly » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:14 pm

retaking23 wrote:
Lmao. During my second administration, I saw some TLSer reveal himself and get flooded with questions about tips/advice while waiting outside test center. Made mental note to never disclose or do anything to raise suspicions about my alter ego.
That'd make me so anxious.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm

Hotguy wrote:
aschup wrote:I don't even consider you a waiter, as you are a good poster. You are exempt from my disdain of this mewling gif-vomiting lot.
Seriously now though, the Lounge is just so big and I don't know the majority of the posters there. I guess I need to get out of the LSAT bubble.
I'm genuinely curious about this: "so big" in what way? The sheer number of threads? The fact that some of the threads are hundreds of pages long? Because the really long threads are just dumb aggregated dumping grounds where only the last few posts (and at most maybe a page or two) are currently relevant, and the number of active threads on a given day is pretty much limited to the first page.

Nightrunner

Platinum

Post by Nightrunner » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Hotguy wrote: Seriously now though, the Lounge is just so big and I don't know the majority of the posters there. I guess I need to get out of the LSAT bubble.
Just start by posting in threads whose content you know about or find interesting. E.g., basically everyone who walks into the CFB thread and says "______ is my team and fuck Ohio State" (or whatever) is accepted and immediately subject to the same shittalking we give everybody else.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:20 pm

I don't really get the lounge fear. Just don't build it up as some scary place and don't try too hard. Seems rather analogous to how you should interact with attractive people of the opposite (or same - your pref) gender. Maybe I am starting to understand this lounge dread...

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:23 pm

aschup wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
aschup wrote:I don't even consider you a waiter, as you are a good poster. You are exempt from my disdain of this mewling gif-vomiting lot.
I'm genuinely curious about this: "so big" in what way? The sheer number of threads? The fact that some of the threads are hundreds of pages long? Because the really long threads are just dumb aggregated dumping grounds where only the last few posts (and at most maybe a page or two) are currently relevant, and the number of active threads on a given day is pretty much limited to the first page.
Big in that way(many threads with tons of pages), but what you said about what is relevant makes things much more manageable.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Last edited by dosto on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm

snagglepuss wrote:I don't really get the lounge fear. Just don't build it up as some scary place and don't try too hard. Seems rather analogous to how you should interact with attractive people of the opposite (or same - your pref) gender. Maybe I am starting to understand this lounge dread...
I think part of it is because the waiting threads inculcate a lot of terrible patterns that are (rightfully) looked down on in the Lounge: inane Twitteresque life updates that nobody cares about, neurotic striverism (OMG LET ME TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HIT F5 BECAUSE BEING AN OBSESSIVE SPERGLORD IS THE SAME AS WORKING HARD AND BEING SMART, RIGHT?), thoughtless, content-free shitposting (gifs). So people spend all day here nursing these terrible habits, and then are surprised when it doesn't fly in the Lounge. The key, of course, is to be less shitty, but the lesson learned lately seems to be that the Lounge is mean and scary and just doesn't like the waiters and wants them to suffer or something.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:32 pm

aschup wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:I don't really get the lounge fear. Just don't build it up as some scary place and don't try too hard. Seems rather analogous to how you should interact with attractive people of the opposite (or same - your pref) gender. Maybe I am starting to understand this lounge dread...
I think part of it is because the waiting threads inculcate a lot of terrible patterns that are (rightfully) looked down on in the Lounge: inane Twitteresque life updates that nobody cares about, neurotic striverism (OMG LET ME TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HIT F5 BECAUSE BEING AN OBSESSIVE SPERGLORD IS THE SAME AS WORKING HARD AND BEING SMART, RIGHT?), thoughtless, content-free shitposting (gifs). So people who spend all day here nursing these braindead shitposting tendencies, and then are surprised when it doesn't fly in the Lounge. The key, of course, is to be less shitty, but the lesson learned lately seems to be that the Lounge is mean and scary and just doesn't like the waiters and wants them to suffer or something.
Some of this is opinion. To people who haven't posted in the lounge, it's hard to see why things like girls consulting gdane, shithold contrarians, and no real gf but still taking questions don't count as shitposting.

I'm not saying they are shitposting and I'm not saying I'm not guilty of every single thing you listed up there, but just that it can be difficult to tell for new posters.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Last edited by dosto on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:38 pm

aschup wrote:
I think part of it is because the waiting threads inculcate a lot of terrible patterns that are (rightfully) looked down on in the Lounge: inane Twitteresque life updates that nobody cares about, neurotic striverism (OMG LET ME TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HIT F5 BECAUSE BEING AN OBSESSIVE SPERGLORD IS THE SAME AS WORKING HARD AND BEING SMART, RIGHT?), thoughtless, content-free shitposting (gifs). So people spend all day here nursing these terrible habits, and then are surprised when it doesn't fly in the Lounge. The key, of course, is to be less shitty, but the lesson learned lately seems to be that the Lounge is mean and scary and just doesn't like the waiters and wants them to suffer or something.
I agree on all accounts with what you're saying, and I tried to imply much of what you said in my post. Some people don't have a striver bone in their body and will be drawn to the lounge, but the real question is what do we do with the deluded F5-ers who think their method of coping is natural? Silencing them is an attractive option, but rehabbing and reconditioning them is the preferable course b/c it means saving law schools (and TLS) from more 'bergered-up gunners while providing said B.U.G.s with the joy of the non-high-strung route in life. How is this achieved? No fucking clue; that's for the gods mods to sort out.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Post removed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

angels2fly

Bronze

Post by angels2fly » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Did everyone leave, or did the waiter/lounge conversation send people back into hiding?
Latter

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Last edited by dosto on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:46 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Did everyone leave, or did the waiter/lounge conversation snag's asskissing send people back into hiding?

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 pm

scoobers wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Did everyone leave, or did the waiter/lounge conversation snag's asskissing send people back into hiding?
You were pretty testy when that app waiting thread got moved the other day. You all right bro?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”