Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Gold

Re: December 2013 LSAT Waiting Thread

Post by 062914123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:37 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CookieDough

Bronze

Post by CookieDough » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 pm

bee wrote:
dosto wrote:
gargoyle wrote:What if...

they're released late :shock:
Not totally out of the question if a sizable amount of people end up taking on the 21st.
this is freaking me out a little because i want my apps complete asap :|

WHY didnt i take june then retake oct. SMFH.
I'm asking myself the same question Bee...

Also Dosto, that was so much more polite and reasonable than my gut reaction.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Last edited by dosto on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

mellow

Bronze

Post by mellow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:41 pm

dosto wrote:
bee wrote:
dosto wrote:

Not totally out of the question if a sizable amount of people end up taking on the 21st.

Yeah, honestly for me I don't really care either way, but for you guys in this cycle (and even worse, people who might retake February) this is really a huge pain.
wait are you not applying this cycle dosto?

gargoyle

New

Post by gargoyle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm

bee wrote:
dosto wrote:

I echo that sentiment exactly. Except I got Mono shortly after cancer surgery in June and withdrew. Barely alive and all I could think was, "DON'T YOU KNOW HOW THIS AFFECTS MY APP CYCLE?!"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Last edited by dosto on Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

gargoyle

New

Post by gargoyle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:55 pm

dosto wrote: Rough stuff man good to see you made it out.
Thank you!

BFlanagan

Bronze

Post by BFlanagan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:31 pm

dosto wrote:
melodygreenleaf wrote:wait are you not applying this cycle dosto?
Was semi-planning on it originally, but I didn't want to rush it (I did not plan very well ahead). Rather spend an extra year saving up money and taking it easy.
gargoyle wrote: I echo that sentiment exactly. Except I got Mono shortly after cancer surgery in June and withdrew.
Rough stuff man good to see you made it out.
I think that is a fine plan, Dosto. I left my job this week, and am officially travelling for the next 8 months. There's more than just rushing off to law school a.s.a.p.

(unless you're an irl TLS aspie, in which case, probably not ;))

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Metaplay

New

Post by Metaplay » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Fianna13 wrote:My life is so uninteresting that a blank piece of paper would be a better PS than the one I've written....
You have about a month to go save a bus full of children.. While accepting a Nobel prize.

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Lol. I like how quickly a nice conversation about budget coffee brewing turned into anxious release date speculation.

Philawsophy

New

Post by Philawsophy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:28 pm

snagglepuss wrote:Lol. I like how quickly a nice conversation about budget coffee brewing turned into anxious release date speculation.
Let's revive it. Burn every Keurig in existence, I say. Long live the french press.

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Let's go back a step. Where should coffee neophytes be shopping for their beans?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Philawsophy

New

Post by Philawsophy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:34 pm

snagglepuss wrote:Let's go back a step. Where should coffee neophytes be shopping for their beans?
I enjoy beans from the local "craft roaster." But those with less refined tastes (kidding) could probably start with whole bean Starbucks or Peet's (the latter is preferred). I remember the first time I had freshly ground coffee at home. The flavor and texture were so eye-opening. I don't think it even has to be high quality when you're first getting started.

gargoyle

New

Post by gargoyle » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Philawsophy wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Lol. I like how quickly a nice conversation about budget coffee brewing turned into anxious release date speculation.
Let's revive it. Burn every Keurig in existence, I say. Long live the french press.
Hear, hear!

retaking23

Bronze

Post by retaking23 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

I would not be surprised if scores come out around the 10th what with the 21st date for cancellations and Christmas break immediately afterwards. Plus, Harvard sent out that email extending app deadline. How common is that?

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Philawsophy wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:Let's go back a step. Where should coffee neophytes be shopping for their beans?
I enjoy beans from the local "craft roaster." But those with less refined tastes (kidding) could probably start with whole bean Starbucks or Peet's (the latter is preferred). I remember the first time I had freshly ground coffee at home. The flavor and texture were so eye-opening. I don't think it even has to be high quality when you're first getting started.
I have bought beans from local roasters as well as an acquaintance who imports some really fine Kenyan and Guatemalan beans. Good to know I'm not messing up here, but I primarily have used a really cheap drip to make the coffee. What is an economical option for entering the french press game?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mellow

Bronze

Post by mellow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 pm

dosto wrote:
melodygreenleaf wrote:wait are you not applying this cycle dosto?
Was semi-planning on it originally, but I didn't want to rush it (I did not plan very well ahead). Rather spend an extra year saving up money and taking it easy.
I actually considered this as well but almost two years is too long of a wait for me before starting law school. But seems like you figured out what's best for you yay :D

Philawsophy

New

Post by Philawsophy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:50 pm

gargoyle wrote:
Philawsophy wrote:
Hear, hear!
*Climbs onto soapbox*

Ahem,
Failures of the Keurig:

-Like all low- to mid- end "drip makers" the machine fails to heat the water to an appropriate temperature after months of use
-The Keurig creates waste when K Cups are used
-When K Cups aren't used, refer to bullet 1 (do the same when K Cups are used - for a double fail).
-When using Starbucks K Cups, assuming they are not purchased in bulk, the consumer spends over $1 per cup of coffee. Fine, well-crafted coffee from a local roaster can be used to brew coffee at less than $.70/cup.
-Most Keurig models (if not all) make one cup at a time. That's cool if you're single... not so much if you want to, dare I say, enjoy coffee simultaneously with another human.

*Climbs off soapbox amidst roaring applause and the sights and sounds of disgruntled citizens bashing their silly machines into pavement*

Philawsophy

New

Post by Philawsophy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:53 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
Philawsophy wrote:
I have bought beans from local roasters as well as an acquaintance who imports some really fine Kenyan and Guatemalan beans. Good to know I'm not messing up here, but I primarily have used a really cheap drip to make the coffee. What is an economical option for entering the french press game?
I'm pretty sure there are decent small models in the $20 to $30 range. Bodum is one such brand. These could be good entry-level models, and if you're single a small size should work well. I think the quality of the glass, the handle, etc can improve with price.

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Philawsophy wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:What is an economical option for entering the french press game?
I'm pretty sure there are decent small models in the $20 to $30 range. Bodum is one such brand. These could be good entry-level models, and if you're single a small size should work well. I think the quality of the glass, the handle, etc can improve with price.
I didn't realize how cheap most presses were. Thanks for the brand rec. Would something like this be worth it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Philawsophy

New

Post by Philawsophy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:07 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
Philawsophy wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:What is an economical option for entering the french press game?
I didn't realize how cheap most presses were. Thanks for the brand rec. Would something like this be worth it?
Whoa that is cool. I have a glass one--didn't realize thermos-presses existed. That's just smart. Assuming it keeps the coffee hot for as long as it claims, then yeah that could be worth it.

nervouspervus

New

Post by nervouspervus » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Last edited by nervouspervus on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philawsophy

New

Post by Philawsophy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:22 pm

bee wrote:costco sells whole bean starbucks and its perfectly fine to my taste (plus the added convenience of buying in bulk), but one of my favorites is http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com
Sweet link. The flavor list... wow.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”