Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Nonconsecutive

Gold

Re: Decembre 2013 Waiters

Post by Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:07 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:I clicked on my email so quickly and saw my score so fast that it was almost anti-climatic. I wish I would have taken a moment to revel in receiving the email.
I can definitely relate to that.

Nightrunner

Platinum

Post by Nightrunner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:09 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:I clicked on my email so quickly and saw my score so fast that it was almost anti-climatic. I wish I would have taken a moment to revel in receiving the email.
Substitute chemistry teacher.

ljoandc

New

Post by ljoandc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Anyone have issues with the writing sample pdf of their score? Mine has a grey icon for "cannot be clearly displayed." I'm a little freaked out here, since I'm applying ED and submitting this weekend.

Edit: I took my LSAT at Santa Clara University.

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:30 pm

ljoandc wrote:Anyone have issues with the writing sample pdf of their score? Mine has a grey icon for "cannot be clearly displayed." I'm a little freaked out here, since I'm applying ED and submitting this weekend.

uhh why would the writing sample even matter...unless I'm reading what you're trying to say wrong.

pech71

New

Post by pech71 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:40 pm

DaRascal wrote:160... Damnit.
what was curve to 160?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:41 pm

pech71 wrote:
DaRascal wrote:160... Damnit.
what was curve to 160?

The curve is posted back on page 194.

BLUERUFiO

Bronze

Post by BLUERUFiO » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:45 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
Haha, nice catch. I want MOAR climate!

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightrunner

Platinum

Post by Nightrunner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm

BLUERUFiO wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:
Haha, nice catch. I want MOAR climate!
Nearsighted gynecologist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:52 pm

ljoandc wrote:Anyone have issues with the writing sample pdf of their score? Mine has a grey icon for "cannot be clearly displayed." I'm a little freaked out here, since I'm applying ED and submitting this weekend.

Weird...must be a location thing. Same thing happened to me, same testing center. :shock:

However, like it was mentioned by someone else above. Who gives a shit?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

bee wrote:still in shock that the curve was -14 :shock:
Same here, though I thought that LR was quite weird all along.

Not complaining though :lol:

ljoandc

New

Post by ljoandc » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 pm

FlyingNorth wrote:

Weird...must be a location thing. Same thing happened to me, same testing center. :shock:

However, like it was mentioned by someone else above. Who gives a shit?
It just freaked me out b/c of the note saying to contact LSAC immediately if it's not clearly displayed.
But if it happened to you too and from the same testing center, then they probably haven't uploaded it yet.

adambl

New

Post by adambl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:50 pm

I have no idea how I missed 5 on LG, I mean that wasn't a hard LG I didn't think. Oh well hopefully 169 is close enough to what I needed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hinshelwood

New

Post by Hinshelwood » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Sorry I missed grey/gray day. For me, it was very anti-climactic. Went on vacation with the family in our RV over Christmas and New Years, 1/2 was driving-back day. Stuck in traffic outside of Chattanooga, so checked my phone for emails. Saw the email from LSAC, and told my wife "I guess scores are out today". Opened the email and read before the traffic started moving again. 165.

I was not sure what to feel at that moment, and I still am not sure. I really thought, walking out of the test, that I was in the 170's. On the flip side, I had told myself that 165 was all I needed. The only school I am applying to is a T2 in the area, applying for the PT evening program. My score is between 5 and 10 points higher than the 75th percentile at that school. Which is great, except that my GPA is only a 2.68. I was not a bad student, but should have worked harder. I've had 20 years of work experience in my field (engineering) since that time, so I'm not sure how much the GPA will affect me at admissions. I'm hoping that they will just look at the LSAT score and what good things that will do for their average :) . Any thoughts on if an addendum is warranted to try to explain that GPA?

On the test itself, I haven't reviewed all of the questions yet. Did not get in until 5am this morning. But I checked my sections, it is frustrating how much worse I did than on PTs. I was getting -1 per LR section consistently, but went -7 and -3. And -6 on games, which is also uncharacteristically bad. I got 3 wrong on the last game, not sure if I got a rule wrong or what. The -5 on RC is about par for the course.

Anyways, it's been fun waiting with all of you. Good luck to everyone!

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:29 pm

Hinshelwood wrote:Sorry I missed grey/gray day. For me, it was very anti-climactic. Went on vacation with the family in our RV over Christmas and New Years, 1/2 was driving-back day. Stuck in traffic outside of Chattanooga, so checked my phone for emails. Saw the email from LSAC, and told my wife "I guess scores are out today". Opened the email and read before the traffic started moving again. 165.

I was not sure what to feel at that moment, and I still am not sure. I really thought, walking out of the test, that I was in the 170's. On the flip side, I had told myself that 165 was all I needed. The only school I am applying to is a T2 in the area, applying for the PT evening program. My score is between 5 and 10 points higher than the 75th percentile at that school. Which is great, except that my GPA is only a 2.68. I was not a bad student, but should have worked harder. I've had 20 years of work experience in my field (engineering) since that time, so I'm not sure how much the GPA will affect me at admissions. I'm hoping that they will just look at the LSAT score and what good things that will do for their average :) . Any thoughts on if an addendum is warranted to try to explain that GPA?

On the test itself, I haven't reviewed all of the questions yet. Did not get in until 5am this morning. But I checked my sections, it is frustrating how much worse I did than on PTs. I was getting -1 per LR section consistently, but went -7 and -3. And -6 on games, which is also uncharacteristically bad. I got 3 wrong on the last game, not sure if I got a rule wrong or what. The -5 on RC is about par for the course.

165 is a very respectable score, take it in perspective of the percentile. First thing's first, appreciate the product of your hard work!

Also, your LSAT success (or shortfall) is relative to your goals. From your post it seems that you are aiming for a local T2? As long as you weave your whole application together with the utmost care and determination, you seem like you might have a fighting chance, perhaps a very good fighting chance.

Good luck with your application!

Hinshelwood

New

Post by Hinshelwood » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:16 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
165 is a very respectable score, take it in perspective of the percentile. First thing's first, appreciate the product of your hard work!

Also, your LSAT success (or shortfall) is relative to your goals. From your post it seems that you are aiming for a local T2? As long as you weave your whole application together with the utmost care and determination, you seem like you might have a fighting chance, perhaps a very good fighting chance.

Correct about the local T2. I'm curious at what exactly you mean with "weave your whole application together with the utmost care and determination". Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I want to make sure that I don't miss anything.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:28 pm

Hinshelwood wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:

Correct about the local T2. I'm curious at what exactly you mean with "weave your whole application together with the utmost care and determination". Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but I want to make sure that I don't miss anything.
Keep in mind I'm speaking from my 0L experience, so take my word with a grain of salt.
But, I feel by being a non-traditional applicant you can try to groom you application, whether it be your personal statement, diversity statement, or optional statement/addendum, to show how you can out perform your 2.68. Granted a 2.68 is still that number they have to take on their reporting data, but painting the picture for them to show (not tell) how you are better than your numbers is always better than having them guess as to how you got that GPA or without them :roll: thinking "another person just simply stating they shoulda/coulda/woulda worked harder".
I think I'm making sense. Granted, from what I have gathered around here, stuff like this might only matter if you are truly on the cusp of acceptance. Just give it your best chance at success!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hitchensian

Bronze

Post by Hitchensian » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:30 pm

Hinshelwood wrote:Sorry I missed grey/gray day. For me, it was very anti-climactic. Went on vacation with the family in our RV over Christmas and New Years, 1/2 was driving-back day. Stuck in traffic outside of Chattanooga, so checked my phone for emails. Saw the email from LSAC, and told my wife "I guess scores are out today". Opened the email and read before the traffic started moving again. 165.

I cannot imagine a set of circumstances that would lead someone in your position (20 yrs experience engineering; "wife"; only going to a crappy school, etc.) to think going to law school is a good idea.

Sorry if that's harsh, but I'm just being honest.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Hitchensian wrote:
I cannot imagine a set of circumstances that would lead someone in your position (20 yrs experience engineering; "wife"; only going to a crappy school, etc.) to think going to law school is a good idea.

It's easy to be honest when you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

And why did you put "wife" in quotes? Are you implying that he isn't really married?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Hitchensian wrote:

You are literally the worst on-topic poster.

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:12 pm

OP should change the "decembre" to "december" to make it easier for future december test takers to find.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nightrunner

Platinum

Post by Nightrunner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:15 pm

chizzy wrote:OP should change the "decembre" to "december" to make it easier for future december test takers to find.
Well the first 170 pages of this thread is made up of post titles that say "Re: December 2013 Waiters Thread," so I'm pretty sure the search algorithm will be all right.

Hinshelwood

New

Post by Hinshelwood » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:35 pm

Hitchensian wrote:

Maybe you're not thinking hard enough. How about if work is willing to pay 100% of the cost - would it be a good idea then? I think you need to work on your imagining skills. Oh, and your social skills too.

I wonder how many people ITT are looking at Tier 2 schools? I can't imagine that everyone is T14

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 pm

chizzy wrote:OP should change the "decembre" to "december" to make it easier for future december test takers to find.
no part of a waiters thread needs to be read after the fact.

BLUERUFiO

Bronze

Post by BLUERUFiO » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Hinshel, I am looking at one or two TT schools. I am in persuit of a full ride and my goal is not big law so it makes sense for me to get a free ride. I'm debt averse.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”