Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
star fox

Diamond

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Post by star fox » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:56 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
john7234797 wrote:If my score goes down should I re-take or kill myself?
Good lord dude it's a test, calm down
Tongue in cheek my man, tongue and cheek.

dazedandconfused13

New

Post by dazedandconfused13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 pm

nervouspervus wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC
To clarify:
for those of you who had exp. LG, the real games were: 1:simple sequencing game ( can't remember the specs.) 2: Grouping game ( something about Kent and F and L? Blah blah)3:writing assignment/discussion game 4:paintings sequenced from nearest to furthest from a gallery's main entrance.
RC: 1:abstract african american painter 2:gaming/taxation 3: superior talent (innate or learned)? 4: MIRRORS

Ok so there seems to be a lot of unanswered speculation as to which LR sections was exp.
In my set up, the questions I remember most were distributed as follows:
LR1(25): complete the sentence style question as first question.
global warming and ice caps
sheep herders and consumerate wealth
LR 2(25): I'm totally drawing a blank here...
LR 3(26): KIDS!
wildlife "on the contrary blah blah survey blah"
infectious diseases
Can anyone who didn't have LR experimental confirm that they had a question about sheep herders and wool? I'm pretty sure LR 3 was legit because everyone seems to remember KIDS, ex section or not.

I can confirm that the one with 26 questions was real. I talked to someone right after the test who had an experimental RC. And he was positive about the 26 question LR being real. But still wondering which of the other two 25's is real.

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 pm

I didn't have a LR exp. All I remember is chocolate and vanilla, and lr1 AS question is the first about government.

ftbchamp232

New

Post by ftbchamp232 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 pm

wealtheow wrote:
ftbchamp232 wrote: Also, I mentioned it earlier but did anyone notice the technology question on the lsat answer sheet? Not the actual test. Could LSAT be making moves towards digital testing?
i did notice that, and that's exactly what i was wondering! i hope not. the old timey testing is so charming.
It would be nice to get scores back quicker, but I would still prefer pencil and paper.

Nightrunner

Platinum

Post by Nightrunner » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 pm

nervouspervus wrote:I had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC
To clarify:
[STUFF THAT SHOULD BE EDITED]
To clarify, this is too much/too specific information. Knock it off or bans come next.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cuneiform

New

Post by Cuneiform » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:58 pm

October retaker here. I found this test to be easier than October, apart from a few rogue questions. And Mirrors. I did have one hard LR section (out of 3). I think I'd happy if this test was -10.

This is what I had and how I felt:

LR - Easy. Was concerned when I finished 23 questions, and proctored called 10 minutes. I can't be THAT fast, can I?
LG - Easy. which tells me I screwed something up. I usually PT at -1 or -2 due to stupid mistakes, but I have a feeling that for this test I went -4/-5.
LR - Moderate. Apparently I was that fast for this test. Bad sign? I thought I was reading closely, but I probably skimmed more than I realized.
LR - HARD. wtf man
RC - Weird. Painting was fine, Online gaming was okay, can't remember the third, but Mirrors was just odd.

I think Mirrors is going to be talked about for a while. It was just a strange passage and I did not like the questions. I like the article's concept, but I thought it was poorly composed.

I'm thinking high 160's/low 170's, assuming I haven't completely bombed LG...or LR...or RC...or all of them.

P.S. Not that it matters, but my essay topic irritated me. It was almost as exciting as reading minutes from a City Council meeting. Who cares about your stupid conference? I mean, really.

esther0123

Bronze

Post by esther0123 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:58 pm

how did everyone feel about the LG?

I def had to guess a few questions where I just couldn't get to the right answer through induction and didn't have time for hypo :( I think it was the 3rd one that was rough...

dazedandconfused13

New

Post by dazedandconfused13 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Hotguy wrote:
dazedandconfused13 wrote:So we have established that real LG had 23 questions, right?

I remember game 1 had 5 questions. Does anyone remember how many the last game had. I am hoping it had 8. I did really badly on the 2nd and 3rd games.

Thanks!
Summarized or not is real

I know summarized is real. Just wanna know how many questions the last game had.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

ugh im done with this, it's going to freak me out. lr1 for me had 25, lr2 had 26. i double checked all my bubbles. maybe my test was busted.
Last edited by wealtheow on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jd2121

New

Post by jd2121 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:59 pm

one passage of what I am inclined to believe was an experimental RC was absolutely brutal

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Desperately clinging to one of my two random guesses in LG hitting. Damn it.

On RC, I had 15 minutes going into the final passage. It was extremely strange for me. And it was my 5th section.
Last edited by Otunga on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dreamofNYC

Bronze

Post by dreamofNYC » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Cuneiform wrote:October retaker here. I found this test to be easier than October, apart from a few rogue questions. And Mirrors. I did have one hard LR section (out of 3). I think I'd happy if this test was -10.

This is what I had and how I felt:

LR - Easy. Was concerned when I finished 23 questions, and proctored called 10 minutes. I can't be THAT fast, can I?
LG - Easy. which tells me I screwed something up. I usually PT at -1 or -2 due to stupid mistakes, but I have a feeling that for this test I went -4/-5.
LR - Moderate. Apparently I was that fast for this test. Bad sign? I thought I was reading closely, but I probably skimmed more than I realized.
LR - HARD. wtf man
RC - Weird. Painting was fine, Online gaming was okay, can't remember the third, but Mirrors was just odd.

I think Mirrors is going to be talked about for a while. It was just a strange passage and I did not like the questions. I like the article's concept, but I thought it was poorly composed.

I'm thinking high 160's/low 170's, assuming I haven't completely bombed LG...or LR...or RC...or all of them.

P.S. Not that it matters, but my essay topic irritated me. It was almost as exciting as reading minutes from a City Council meeting. Who cares about your stupid conference? I mean, really.
So which LR was the experimental? The 2nd one?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Otunga wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
Otunga wrote:I'm feeling a -11 curve. LR felt meh but not as difficult as Oct. LG was fucking hard, especially relative to Oct which was an easy section. And I felt in the zone on RC but...that doesn't mean much. There was one question in particular asking for something substantially supported in the text on RC that didn't even have one attractive answer in my book. One LR question in particular about precipitation was problematic. Almost guaranteed I got it wrong.

And for 101 question tests, -10 is relatively rare I think. But if it were 100 questions, I'd definitely lean towards -10 as the curve. The test didn't feel hard. LG just rattled me.
Why do you think LG was hard? It seemed average, definitely easier than 67,68. Are you sure it just wasn't your nerves? I thought it was pretty easy...
I -0ed 70 LG and that felt extremely easy. 71 did not.

The two rule sub questions had a lot to do with it. They rattled me and I made the mistake (as I have many times) of getting trapped by them. Additionally, I sort of thought it was the exp after I saw the 2nd rule sub question. I was desperately pulling for another LG section to appear. (Delete the post if it's too revealing.)
But that seems to be more related to your overall dislike of a question type instead of being about the difficulty of each game overall difficulty. Obviously those two are correlated, but that's not what I mean.

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:02 pm

dazedandconfused13 wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
dazedandconfused13 wrote:So we have established that real LG had 23 questions, right?

I remember game 1 had 5 questions. Does anyone remember how many the last game had. I am hoping it had 8. I did really badly on the 2nd and 3rd games.

Thanks!
Summarized or not is real

I know summarized is real. Just wanna know how many questions the last game had.
23 total. Can't remember last one... Does it even matter??.
Last edited by Hotguy on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Hotguy wrote:
Otunga wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
Otunga wrote:I'm feeling a -11 curve. LR felt meh but not as difficult as Oct. LG was fucking hard, especially relative to Oct which was an easy section. And I felt in the zone on RC but...that doesn't mean much. There was one question in particular asking for something substantially supported in the text on RC that didn't even have one attractive answer in my book. One LR question in particular about precipitation was problematic. Almost guaranteed I got it wrong.

And for 101 question tests, -10 is relatively rare I think. But if it were 100 questions, I'd definitely lean towards -10 as the curve. The test didn't feel hard. LG just rattled me.
Why do you think LG was hard? It seemed average, definitely easier than 67,68. Are you sure it just wasn't your nerves? I thought it was pretty easy...
I -0ed 70 LG and that felt extremely easy. 71 did not.

The two rule sub questions had a lot to do with it. They rattled me and I made the mistake (as I have many times) of getting trapped by them. Additionally, I sort of thought it was the exp after I saw the 2nd rule sub question. I was desperately pulling for another LG section to appear. (Delete the post if it's too revealing.)
But that seems to be more related to your overall dislike of a question type instead of being about the difficulty of each game overall difficulty. Obviously those two are correlated, but that's not what I mean.
I actually agree. It's me just being mad at myself for LG destroying me.

wealtheow

Silver

Post by wealtheow » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:02 pm

i lied im not done. one of my two lrs had global warming and sheeples.

now im done.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:03 pm

john7234797 wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Good lord dude it's a test, calm down
Tongue in cheek my man, tongue and cheek.
You must be new here. This level of neuroticism runs RAMPANT.

Throwing out the shrimp signal?

esther0123

Bronze

Post by esther0123 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:03 pm

dosto wrote:What kind of sadistic person predicts a -7 curve on a 101 question test jesus christ.
lol my thoughts exactly

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Otunga wrote:Desperately clinging to one of my two random guesses in LG hitting. Damn it.

On RC, I had 15 minutes going into the final passage. It was extremely strange for me. And it was my 5th section.
Lmao yeah me too. I saved so much time on that virtual currency passage.

Lol Otunga, don't worry. You are probably overthinking...

Gamine

New

Post by Gamine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Best of luck to all who took the test today

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MCHAMMER1

New

Post by MCHAMMER1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:05 pm

No.

jcccc

Bronze

Post by jcccc » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:06 pm

lmao i'm not there yet but damn I felt shitty right as I walked out of the test centre. Well at least I can blame it on the fact that I only had 4 hours of fucking sleep. Oh well, there's literally so much for opportunities to get that 180. Just keep trying.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cuneiform

New

Post by Cuneiform » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07 pm

muzzy wrote:
bee wrote:
muzzy wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:I've got 300+ articles in my Pocket, dozen books on my nightstand, and 25 movies in my IMDb watchilist. I'll be aight.
I have this silly goal to have an empty Instapaper queue by the end of the year. I think a 180 on the LSAT might be easier.
lol at ever finishing the articles in my pocket
I'm also not convinced I know how to do anything but read for structure anymore. The other day in one of my international relations class I raised my hand to say what an article was about but I realized that I only knew the organization of the article and how each component supported the thesis but I had almost no idea what it was actually about.
:lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”