Testing center closed? Can someone explain how reschedule...

Nicolena.

Testing center closed? Can someone explain how reschedule...

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:11 pm

So I spoke with LSAC this morning and they said my testing center is closed. They said most likely it will be next Saturday. However, what does this mean? Do they make a new test for this? Do they use recycled tests from February? Does anyone have any information on how this works?

Thanks

WhiteyCakes

Re: Testing center closed? Can someone explain how reschedule...

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:18 pm

Nicolena. wrote:So I spoke with LSAC this morning and they said my testing center is closed. They said most likely it will be next Saturday. However, what does this mean? Do they make a new test for this? Do they use recycled tests from February? Does anyone have any information on how this works?

Thanks

This really doesn't matter, and while it sucks, it really shouldn't change your approach or your focus one bit.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:20 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:So I spoke with LSAC this morning and they said my testing center is closed. They said most likely it will be next Saturday. However, what does this mean? Do they make a new test for this? Do they use recycled tests from February? Does anyone have any information on how this works?

Thanks

This really doesn't matter, and while it sucks, it really shouldn't change your approach or your focus one bit.

I've already tested the most recent tests. Would you suggest I retake those again this week?

bcjets212

Postby bcjets212 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:13 pm

The one thing I would be ready for on your makeup is potentially not having the "extra space" on games for diagramming.

I had students of mine have their test rescheduled this past February because of a winter storm. They all told me that they received the old format games, where each game was entirely on one page.

Just as a caveat, I had a student take the sabbath-observant exam this October and she got the 2-page games.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:26 pm

bcjets212 wrote:The one thing I would be ready for on your makeup is potentially not having the "extra space" on games for diagramming.

I had students of mine have their test rescheduled this past February because of a winter storm. They all told me that they received the old format games, where each game was entirely on one page.

Just as a caveat, I had a student take the sabbath-observant exam this October and she got the 2-page games.

So it is true that they do recycle old material? Do you have any other advice besides the games tip?

lawyerchick

Postby lawyerchick » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:28 pm

My center was closed for testing day and got rescheduled to one week later (they didn't let us know for sure until the Thursday right before). I believe they use recycled February test (one reason it's not disclosed, I believe).

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
bcjets212 wrote:The one thing I would be ready for on your makeup is potentially not having the "extra space" on games for diagramming.

So it is true that they do recycle old material? Do you have any other advice besides the games tip?

They have unreleased tests to use for situations like this. I'm not sure if we know whether those tests are recycled, or if they're unused-but-old.

PatriotP74

Post removed...

Postby PatriotP74 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:34 pm

The only smart play from LSAC perspective is to use old Sabbath tests. Once you take a Sabbath admin, you can't register for a non-Sabbath ever again, so by giving Sabbath admins they can both re-use tests, and be positive no one taking the test on Sat could have ever seen it before.

My makeup in Feb was copyright 2008 at the bottom of the last page, because they need comparative reading, so it wouldn't be any older than that. It had old LG format.
Call the test center every day, they will know when the make-up is scheduled before LSAC will tell you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”