LSAC closes a few December LSAT test centers due to weather Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Nicolena.

Bronze

Re: LSAC closes a few December LSAT test centers due to weather

Post by Nicolena. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:13 pm

mhaas wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:I noticed the university of memphis says they've closed their campus until Monday, December 9th. Does that mean most likely the test will be canceled as well? Will LSAC definitely post cancelations by tomorrow or they can still do it on Saturday morning?

Also, when is the new test date for ones that have been canceled?
I'm taking it at Memphis too and was wondering this same thing. Even if they have closed the rest of campus, they could still open Clement Hall Saturday morning for us to take the test. I would just keep checking the LSAC page for cancellations. I don't think the weather is going to be as bad as previously thought.

EDIT: Just called LSAC, it looks like test centers are canceling in droves. They will update the LSAC page every hour with cancellations as the day progresses. She said in all likelihood if the campus of the school you are scheduled to take it at has closed or cancelled classes, then your test will be rescheduled.
They confirmed that it's closed. They said most likely they will be rescheduling it next weekend.

chimolywa

New

Post by chimolywa » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:53 pm

does anyone know anything about the make-up exams? will they be the same exams everyone else takes today or one of the unpublished exams, or maybe mixed sections and questions from make up exams??

Fianna13

Bronze

Post by Fianna13 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:55 pm

well shit. My school cancelled class until 10 this morning. They better not do the same thing tomorrow.... Should I call LSAC to confirm?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Fianna13 wrote:well shit. My school cancelled class until 10 this morning. They better not do the same thing tomorrow.... Should I call LSAC to confirm?
I would call.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:18 pm

chimolywa wrote:does anyone know anything about the make-up exams? will they be the same exams everyone else takes today or one of the unpublished exams, or maybe mixed sections and questions from make up exams??
I heard we will not be getting the same test. Also, we will be taking an undisclosed test and will only receive our score. It's rumored that they recycle material from prior February tests. I'm not sure if that's true though.

Does this worry anyone?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chimolywa

New

Post by chimolywa » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:47 pm

yeah I read that we should prepare for possibly not having the comfy extra writing room in the LG sections. The Feb 13 makeup testers said that their LG had the old format with little writing room.

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

pinkfireworks24

New

Post by pinkfireworks24 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Im guessing the make up test is not the same as the one everyone else took today?

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pinkfireworks24

New

Post by pinkfireworks24 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks! --
Does anyone have any idea about the February exams or Sabbath exams.
I've heard December LSATS have a somewhat "easier" curve, do you guys have any information on the Feb or Sabbath exams and how they compare to the other exams?

Still kind of bummed they haven't told us the make up date yet!
Last edited by pinkfireworks24 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkfireworks24

New

Post by pinkfireworks24 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Just called up my test center and they said the new date is December 21st. Thought you all should know!

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:50 pm

pinkfireworks24 wrote:Just called up my test center and they said the new date is December 21st. Thought you all should know!
Does this mean it will be the 21st everywhere? Where's your center?

fnma2jd

Bronze

Post by fnma2jd » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:58 pm

I tried calling my test center and got all sorts of attitude. They told me to call LSAC because it wasn't their decision. I didn't have the heart to tell her that when I called LSAC they said that the retake is based on when the test center says they can accomodate it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:01 pm

fnma2jd wrote:I tried calling my test center and got all sorts of attitude. They told me to call LSAC because it wasn't their decision. I didn't have the heart to tell her that when I called LSAC they said that the retake is based on when the test center says they can accomodate it.
When I called my test center, they reacted in the same manner and basically told me to wait until LSAC emails me at the end of this week. This has been really stressful bc depending on the Saturday will determine whether or not I can even take the test this month.

pinkfireworks24

New

Post by pinkfireworks24 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:45 pm

My test center is in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm not sure if its just a tentative date, but when I asked the lady for more information about the time, she said to wait until LSAC emails us. But she definitely did say it was 21st. Not sure if thats the date for everyone.

sue4398

New

Post by sue4398 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm taking it at the University of Memphis and I all but begged the lady at the testing center to tell me if the test was this Saturday... she said it's not. She wouldn't confirm that it is the 21st though...

mhaas

Bronze

Post by mhaas » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:36 pm

sue4398 wrote:I'm taking it at the University of Memphis and I all but begged the lady at the testing center to tell me if the test was this Saturday... she said it's not. She wouldn't confirm that it is the 21st though...
Welcome fellow Memphian, and good luck trying to get any information from the U of M, they are worthless

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:37 pm

mhaas wrote:
sue4398 wrote:I'm taking it at the University of Memphis and I all but begged the lady at the testing center to tell me if the test was this Saturday... she said it's not. She wouldn't confirm that it is the 21st though...
Welcome fellow Memphian, and good luck trying to get any information from the U of M, they are worthless
I asked them what the possible date was and she told me the only date they put into LSAC was the 21st.

Allegra

New

Post by Allegra » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:59 am

Anyone else still in limbo? Apparently LSAT hasn't been able to confirm the make-up date with the testing center even thought the testing center says (unofficially) that it's the 21st.

Is LSAC just making us wait to find out for sure or could it really be unconfirmed? Has anyone been told officially by LSAC that the make-up is December 21?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 am

Allegra wrote:Anyone else still in limbo? Apparently LSAT hasn't been able to confirm the make-up date with the testing center even thought the testing center says (unofficially) that it's the 21st.

Is LSAC just making us wait to find out for sure or could it really be unconfirmed? Has anyone been told officially by LSAC that the make-up is December 21?
When I called LSAC they said nothing's been confirmed, and they will send out an email mid-next week.

Allegra

New

Post by Allegra » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:36 am

Nicolena. wrote:
Allegra wrote:Anyone else still in limbo? Apparently LSAT hasn't been able to confirm the make-up date with the testing center even thought the testing center says (unofficially) that it's the 21st.

When I called LSAC they said nothing's been confirmed, and they will send out an email mid-next week.
Do you think it's really not confirmed? How could that be?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:42 am

Allegra wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:

I got the email this morning. It's confirmed.

Allegra

New

Post by Allegra » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
Allegra wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:

I got the email this morning. It's confirmed.
Thanks for posting about that, I got the mail too.

Of course, I cannot believe that UofM confirmed at 7 am this morning (my email was sent at 8:00 am). I am very glad that LSAC didn't make us wait until Thursday (my fear was they were just going to keep saying, "We don't know") - but I have to believe that they knew before 8 am this morning.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”