Withdraw, Cancel, or Take (2nd attempt)

DJ Llama
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Withdraw, Cancel, or Take (2nd attempt)

Postby DJ Llama » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:22 pm

I took the October LSAT, and I didn't score as well as I did in my PT's because the testing center was in an auditorium with tiny desks, affecting my LG scores in particular (a ton of people canceled their scores on the spot afterwards because it was so bad). Everything else went pretty well.

I'm signed up for the December tests, but it's the Saturday right before all of my final exams. After taking it in October, I didn't do any studying until mid-November and even that was on and off. For the past two weeks I've been alternating between a PT or random section per day. The scores average to about 5 points below my goal score.

My question is should I withdraw before the test or take it and cancel if I don't feel confident?


Also, if I take the exam in February '14 am I still able to apply for the Fall '14 or do I have to wait until the next Spring?

bosozokuchampion
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: Withdraw, Cancel, or Take (2nd attempt)

Postby bosozokuchampion » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Withdraw, take February. You can still apply for Fall '14 but the odds won't be in your favor. But you can still try. Don't blow a take if you aren't ready.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Withdraw, Cancel, or Take (2nd attempt)

Postby Jeffort » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:31 pm

Doesn't sound like you are fully prepared to take the test and going to be able to be ready to perform to the best of your abilities by Saturday. Just two weeks of not very structured prep/practice isn't nearly enough to be ready to hit your max potential. You should postpone and prep a lot more before test day if you are really serious about raising your score.

Why did you wait so long to start prepping for your re-take if you want to apply this cycle with a better score? No offense, but it sounds like a lack of planning and dedication on your part for something extremely important. You shouldn't rush trying to get into LS until you are ready to do your best with the LSAT since it matters soo much for starting your legal career at a good level from a good LS.

All Star
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Withdraw, Cancel, or Take (2nd attempt)

Postby All Star » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm

I too am in a similar situation and am in need of some advice. I took PT 67 this morning, and got crushed with a -12 in RC, and got a 159. Last PT (66), I got a -10 in RC and got a 161.

It doesn't look like I'll be ready for Saturday, but I really don't want to sit out the cycle, go to a TTT, or apply very late after the Feb results come in.

I was thinking that in this case, my best alternative would be to take June and prepare for next cycle. I'm in undergrad now so I don't think that taking a year off and hopefully getting some work experience could be the worst thing for me, even if it's a boring 30k desk job. I have a great GPA that approaches some lower T14's 75%tile that I would hate to waste on a 160.

User avatar
objection_your_honor
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Re: Withdraw, Cancel, or Take (2nd attempt)

Postby objection_your_honor » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:16 pm

All Star wrote:I too am in a similar situation and am in need of some advice. I took PT 67 this morning, and got crushed with a -12 in RC, and got a 159. Last PT (66), I got a -10 in RC and got a 161.

It doesn't look like I'll be ready for Saturday, but I really don't want to sit out the cycle, go to a TTT, or apply very late after the Feb results come in.

I was thinking that in this case, my best alternative would be to take June and prepare for next cycle. I'm in undergrad now so I don't think that taking a year off and hopefully getting some work experience could be the worst thing for me, even if it's a boring 30k desk job. I have a great GPA that approaches some lower T14's 75%tile that I would hate to waste on a 160.


Absolutely sit out a cycle. Don't let impatience get in the way of your true potential.

DJ Llama
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: Withdraw, Cancel, or Take (2nd attempt)

Postby DJ Llama » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Jeffort wrote:Doesn't sound like you are fully prepared to take the test and going to be able to be ready to perform to the best of your abilities by Saturday. Just two weeks of not very structured prep/practice isn't nearly enough to be ready to hit your max potential. You should postpone and prep a lot more before test day if you are really serious about raising your score.

Why did you wait so long to start prepping for your re-take if you want to apply this cycle with a better score? No offense, but it sounds like a lack of planning and dedication on your part for something extremely important. You shouldn't rush trying to get into LS until you are ready to do your best with the LSAT since it matters soo much for starting your legal career at a good level from a good LS.



It was kinda tough because I'm still doing my undergrad and after the October LSAT was when the semester started to get really brutal (majoring in Finance).

I don't mean to make excuses, I know it wasn't very good on my part. After taking PT 57 today (I surprisingly did well on the Dinosaur game), I have decided to withdraw from December and sign up for February instead.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus and 9 guests