+15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

jared6180
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm

+15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby jared6180 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Just wondering if you guys think it is possible to gain 15 points by the Feb test? I am working FT and taking 6 credit hours next semester, but I will only be in school about 2 weeks before the test.

akg144
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:56 am

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby akg144 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:57 pm

I improved 14 pts but I also used 7sage, Powerscore Bibles, and Manhattan forums.

User avatar
Hotguy
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 am

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Hotguy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 pm

jared6180 wrote:Just wondering if you guys think it is possible to gain 15 points by the Feb test? I am working FT and taking 6 credit hours next semester, but I will only be in school about 2 weeks before the test.

15 points starting from what? If it's from 165 to a 180 it is possible, but I would say harder. If it is a 150 to 165, I believe that is a much easier jump(not sure since I never scored that low on a pt, but probably covering the basics and having enough speed should be enough for at least a high 150).

jared6180
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby jared6180 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:15 pm

I am closer to 150. I am having a lot of problems finishing RC. If I could complete that and increase that section I could get 10 points pretty easy. How I approach the RC sections needs a LOT of work.

User avatar
Hotguy
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 am

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Hotguy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:29 pm

jared6180 wrote:I am closer to 150. I am having a lot of problems finishing RC. If I could complete that and increase that section I could get 10 points pretty easy. How I approach the RC sections needs a LOT of work.

Closer to 150 means that you not only need a lot of work on RC, but also all the other sections. I suggest maybe trying to master the one section that you find yourself most comfortable, and from there working on the other ones. Obviously don't neglect the other sections just because you're focusing on one more than the other. But overall, I think you need to reassess the basics, or at least try to learn them again.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Nova » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:44 pm

Anything is possible bro

jared6180
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby jared6180 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Hotguy wrote:
jared6180 wrote:I am closer to 150. I am having a lot of problems finishing RC. If I could complete that and increase that section I could get 10 points pretty easy. How I approach the RC sections needs a LOT of work.

Closer to 150 means that you not only need a lot of work on RC, but also all the other sections. I suggest maybe trying to master the one section that you find yourself most comfortable, and from there working on the other ones. Obviously don't neglect the other sections just because you're focusing on one more than the other. But overall, I think you need to reassess the basics, or at least try to learn them again.


I agree. I need to go over the basics. I have focused more on LR and LG. LG is my best section, but it still needs work obviously.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Nova » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:50 pm

Read the PSBs and Manhattan bundle for a foundation

jared6180
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby jared6180 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Nova wrote:Read the PSBs and Manhattan bundle for a foundation


Do you have any specific advice for the RC section? I have the Powerscore RC Bible.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Nova » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:59 pm

no, I sucked bad at RC. on the real thing I was something like -9 on RC & -4 on the rest of the test for a high 160s score (shoulda retaken). Honestly, if you just want a 165+, the other sections are much much much easier to perfect- so I would focus on getting the other sections as close to -0/1 as possible. If you want a 170+ then youll have to crack RC for sure.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:00 pm

What's the BP Movie?

User avatar
Hotguy
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 am

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Hotguy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:01 pm

jared6180 wrote:
Nova wrote:Read the PSBs and Manhattan bundle for a foundation


Do you have any specific advice for the RC section? I have the Powerscore RC Bible.

I'm not the best person to give advice on RC, but PS RC did nothing for me. Only thing that helped was doing pts. It may be a good idea to also get the trainer, but nothing substitutes lots of pts and extensive review.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Nova » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 pm

Hotguy wrote:PS RC did nothing for me.

Me either
Last edited by Nova on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby 062914123 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:07 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:15 pm

bee wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:What's the BP Movie?

bp's online course


How does it compare to the 7sage online course?

User avatar
Hotguy
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 am

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby Hotguy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:18 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
bee wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:What's the BP Movie?

bp's online course


How does it compare to the 7sage online course?

Make a new topic. I know people will have different opinions.

jared6180
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby jared6180 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Nova wrote:no, I sucked bad at RC. on the real thing I was something like -9 on RC & -4 on the rest of the test for a high 160s score (shoulda retaken). Honestly, if you just want a 165+, the other sections are much much much easier to perfect- so I would focus on getting the other sections as close to -0/1 as possible. If you want a 170+ then youll have to crack RC for sure.


I need a 160-165 to get into KU with $$. I am fortunate to be in Kansas so in-state tuition is already reasonable, just don't want $100k debt when I am done.

What about getting a copy of as many RC sections as possible, putting them in a notebook and drilling as often as possible? I have a 30 minute lunch break I can use to do a couple and a couple dead times in the day. I have been kind of BSing around for a while now and it is time to get on it. Part of the problem is that I like the rapid fire nature of LG and RC and LR makes me slow WAY down and tune in better. The problem I have with LG is grouping. I love ordering games, even the complex games, but grouping games irritate me.

User avatar
fnma2jd
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: +15 By Feb 2014 with BluePrint Movie?

Postby fnma2jd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:21 am

I'm a actually a big fan of the BP movie. I started out with MLAT and powerscore books and couldn't really figure out where to start. I have almost no foundation and diagnostic of 147. I felt the BP movie gave me a solid foundation and a sense of where to start and where to go next. It's a pretty good ice breaker because its super entertaining. After that I was able go through the other books without feeling overwhelmed. Most of my gains didn't come from BP, velocity, MLSAT, PS, etc. It came from spending nights and weekends locked in my room drilling, PTing, reviewing. So my advice would be to go after it if you don't have a great foundation. Otherwise just start drilling and reviewing and the gains will come. Definitely possible though

I went from 147 diagnostic and am now PTing between 160-165 (taking december 7) I'm in a pretty similar situation, I work full time and was taking classes when beginning my prep. You'll find the time and make things happen if you really want it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, jagerbom79, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests