St. Louis Testing Centers?

WaltGrace83

St. Louis Testing Centers?

Postby WaltGrace83 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:18 am

I tried looking on all the various wikis and there isn't much for STL testing centers. For June 2014, I have a choice between St. Louis Community College (Forest Park) and University of Missouri - St. Louis. Does anyone have any opinions on them?

Also, is there anything I need to do before I register in a few weeks?

sublime

Re: St. Louis Testing Centers?

Postby sublime » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:23 am

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 am

sublime wrote:Wustl facilitates are really nice overall if that is an option

It's not :(

Only those two I mentioned are options for June. If I retake in October (you know, if I get a 179 or something :lol: ) I am going to test at SLU, my alma mater. I owned hundreds of tests in those buildings - I can own one more.

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:11 pm

With registration about a week away I'm going to go ahead and give this a bump

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:41 pm

I've taken the test at STLCC Forest Park and SLU (fellow Billiken here)

Forest Park (June) was adequate. Plenty of free parking. The test administered in the science lecture halls which thankfully have large table rows rather than elbow-sized mini desks. They had to send people to a second (but identical) room when the first one filled up, which was handled poorly. We still started within 30 mins or so of the reporting time, so not outlandish. Overall no big deal.

SLU (October) was better. I walked that morning, but others should note that parking can be a huge pain at SLU. No idea what the LSAT parking protocol is on campus. Administered at Beracha Hall, which has poor lighting (no natural light in my room), but otherwise is a nice place to take the test, and the day was run efficently.

I'm afraid I can't be of much assistance to your main question though, because I have no idea whether UMSL would be better or worse than Forest Park for your June test. If STLCC-FP is closer, I would say just do that.

Good luck!

WaltGrace83

Postby WaltGrace83 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:18 pm

Fiero85 wrote:I've taken the test at STLCC Forest Park and SLU (fellow Billiken here)

Forest Park (June) was adequate. Plenty of free parking. The test administered in the science lecture halls which thankfully have large table rows rather than elbow-sized mini desks. They had to send people to a second (but identical) room when the first one filled up, which was handled poorly. We still started within 30 mins or so of the reporting time, so not outlandish. Overall no big deal.

SLU (October) was better. I walked that morning, but others should note that parking can be a huge pain at SLU. No idea what the LSAT parking protocol is on campus. Administered at Beracha Hall, which has poor lighting (no natural light in my room), but otherwise is a nice place to take the test, and the day was run efficently.

I'm afraid I can't be of much assistance to your main question though, because I have no idea whether UMSL would be better or worse than Forest Park for your June test. If STLCC-FP is closer, I would say just do that.

Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot! I was really hoping that SLU offered June because I have OWNED so many tests in Beracha and would like to have that familiarity (maybe that confidence boost as well). I think I will pick FoPo unless someone offers some compelling reason otherwise. I would rather go in knowing the testing center is adequate than hope for exceptional.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:10 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:
Fiero85 wrote:I've taken the test at STLCC Forest Park and SLU (fellow Billiken here)

Good luck!

Hey thanks a lot! I was really hoping that SLU offered June because I have OWNED so many tests in Beracha and would like to have that familiarity (maybe that confidence boost as well). I think I will pick FoPo unless someone offers some compelling reason otherwise. I would rather go in knowing the testing center is adequate than hope for exceptional.

Yeah I had the same minor disappointment when I signed up for June '13. But like you said, these days it's smart to plan ahead for a re-take, and the October one will be available on your home court. So no worries.

Also agreed: the difference between adequate and awful is key, but going from adequate to exceptional is not worth losing sleep over. Forest Park should be just fine.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”