Should I start LSAT Trainer before finishing LR Guide?

Colgate87

Should I start LSAT Trainer before finishing LR Guide?

Postby Colgate87 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:56 pm

I've been prepping for a few weeks using the Manhattan LR guide, but I have two more chapters to read through. I've also been drilling with the Cambridge packets for LR. I have found these materials to be a big help, but I was advised to buy the LSAT Trainer in addition to aid with reading comp. I've been struggling with RC, and can use all the help I can get. The book just arrived, and I would like to know if anyone recommends finishing out the last two chapters of the Manhattan LR before starting the LSAT Trainer...or is it ok to start the LSAT Trainer while I finish the LR Guide. Also, can anyone share their experiences with the LSAT Trainer (good and/or bad)?

Jeffort

Re: Should I start LSAT Trainer before finishing LR Guide?

Postby Jeffort » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Assuming you are not taking the December test, it doesn't much matter if you start reading the Trainer about RC before or after you finish the last two chapters of the MLSAT LR book. If you want to start learning more about RC, go ahead and start reading those chapters.

SecondWind

Postby SecondWind » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 pm

I talked to Mike basically about the same idea: If I just do the RC chapters in The Trainer would I miss anything related to RC? (Background: The LR and LG games build off each other in The Trainer) His reply was:

"Some of the LR instruction relates to RC, but very indirectly -- you should be fine skipping ahead to 22 if you just want to work on RC (make sure not to skip lesson 31 though, which is a general vocab lesson wedged in between some LR work) --"

Colgate87

Postby Colgate87 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Thank you, I appreciate the input. I decided to just go ahead and start reading the Trainer from the beginning. I figured it will only help reinforce LR, which cannot hurt. So far I like the approach this book is taking. Hopefully by the end I will be more confident in my abilities on this test. If any of you have advice on LR and RC feel free to post...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”