Missed Late Registration Deadline. How F**ked am I?

Niners4Life
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Missed Late Registration Deadline. How F**ked am I?

Postby Niners4Life » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:09 pm

So I just discovered that I completely dropped the ball and missed the November 15 late registration deadline for the December LSAT. I don't know how this happened because I've been actively working on my app materials and studying for the test. I guess mulling over whether to actually retake for two weeks after receiving my October results was a bad idea. I want to go Jim Carrey in Liar Liar on myself for getting into this mess :cry:

Does anyone know if I have any chance of convincing LSAC to let me complete a very late registration?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15395
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Missed Late Registration Deadline. How Fucked am I?

Postby sublime » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:13 pm

..

Niners4Life
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Re: Missed Late Registration Deadline. How Fucked am I?

Postby Niners4Life » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:27 pm

sublime wrote:Probably not, or they may charge you some exorbitant amount. Regardless, call them. Noone in here will be able to give you a better answer than they will be able to.


I understand that. I am just hoping there is someone else out there who was in a similar situation and managed to get everything worked out.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Missed Late Registration Deadline. How Fucked am I?

Postby northwood » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:29 pm

sit out the cycle +study for the June exam+ score better than your current target = profit


not a big deal

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Missed Late Registration Deadline. How Fucked am I?

Postby Jeffort » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Niners4Life wrote:
sublime wrote:Probably not, or they may charge you some exorbitant amount. Regardless, call them. Noone in here will be able to give you a better answer than they will be able to.


I understand that. I am just hoping there is someone else out there who was in a similar situation and managed to get everything worked out.


In all the years I've been teaching and tutoring LSAT prep and also frequenting this and other LSAT discussion forums I've never heard of a single instance of LSAC making an exception to any of their explicit rules. You can and should call them to see if they are feeling generous with the holiday season spirit, but don't expect forgiveness or for them to bend/break their own rules, it would be unprecedented.

bp shinners
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Missed Late Registration Deadline. How Fucked am I?

Postby bp shinners » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Niners4Life wrote:
sublime wrote:Probably not, or they may charge you some exorbitant amount. Regardless, call them. Noone in here will be able to give you a better answer than they will be able to.


I understand that. I am just hoping there is someone else out there who was in a similar situation and managed to get everything worked out.


In all the years I've been teaching and tutoring LSAT prep and also frequenting this and other LSAT discussion forums I've never heard of a single instance of LSAC making an exception to any of their explicit rules. You can and should call them to see if they are feeling generous with the holiday season spirit, but don't expect forgiveness or for them to bend/break their own rules, it would be unprecedented.


Adding to the anecdotal evidence - I've never had an example of it, either, despite a few attempts by students.

User avatar
IgosduIkana
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Re: Missed Late Registration Deadline. How Fucked am I?

Postby IgosduIkana » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Apply early next cycle. This is probably a blessing in disguise. You won't realize it until next year.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Missed Late Registration Deadline. How Fucked am I?

Postby northwood » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:06 pm

IgosduIkana wrote:Apply early next cycle. This is probably a blessing in disguise. You won't realize it until next year.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests