Has anyone bought lsat watch? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hbn

New

Has anyone bought lsat watch?

Post by hbn » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:45 am

I've ordered my lsat watch from this website. http://lsatwatch.webs.com/. But haven't received it or got a confirm email yet. I'm an international student preparing for LSAT, and I asked my friend in the US to help me buy 2 LSAT study books and the watch. The books have arrived for a few days, not sure if everything is OK about the watch. Has anybody ever ordered the watch and how long it takes for shipping?Or maybe the website is a scam since I saw many people complain about the same experience as mine.Hopefully not, but now I'm really worried. :cry:

Nicolena.

Bronze

Re: Has anyone bought lsat watch?

Post by Nicolena. » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:08 am

hbn wrote:I've ordered my lsat watch from this website. http://lsatwatch.webs.com/. But haven't received it or got a confirm email yet. I'm an international student preparing for LSAT, and I asked my friend in the US to help me buy 2 LSAT study books and the watch. The books have arrived for a few days, not sure if everything is OK about the watch. Has anybody ever ordered the watch and how long it takes for shipping?Or maybe the website is a scam since I saw many people complain about the same experience as mine.Hopefully not, but now I'm really worried. :cry:
I bought it and had to open a dispute with PayPal. I ordered mine last week with overnight shipping. Never received it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:15 am

Has anyone search function.

mellow

Bronze

Post by mellow » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:23 am

I ordered mine and got it fine. The time being split and colored in four sections saved me a lot of time because I'm a compulsive time checker and it was easier to see how I was doing when there are lines and colors for me haha.
Nicolena. wrote:I bought it and had to open a dispute with PayPal. I ordered mine last week with overnight shipping. Never received it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I think the reason you didn't receive yours right away is because the maker requires I think 1(?) week to make the product since she modifies a watch by hand. And then she ships the watch, which would have been overnight for you.
Last edited by mellow on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:30 am

melodygreenleaf wrote:I ordered mine and got it fine. The time being split and colored in four sections saved me a lot of time because I'm a compulsive time checker and it was easier to see how I was doing when there are lines and colors for me haha.
Nicolena. wrote:I bought it and had to open a dispute with PayPal. I ordered mine last week with overnight shipping. Never received it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I think the reason why you didn't receive yours right away is because the maker requires I think 1(?) week to make the product since she modifies a watch by hand. And then she ships the watch, which would have been overnight for you.
Still seems weird. I've sent multiple emails and I have gotten no response. I purchased last Saturday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:36 am

If anyone has one they want to sell, PM me.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 am

I bought one nine days ago, just got standard shipping. Haven't gotten any updates yet...
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

lsatyolo

Gold

Post by lsatyolo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:39 pm

I purchased one from that site before October and it was kind of a bitch. Opted for overnight shipping and didn't get it till literally the last week (must have ordered 2-3 weeks before the administration). I emailed her countless times and it took her forever to respond. In my state of panic I ordered some other shitty watch off amazon that had received nothing but bad reviews. I think she's either still in law school or working.

As for the watch itself, I didn't care for it. I didn't like how the second hand was removed from the watch because some sections I'm literally working on that last problem until it's about to hit the 12. I ended up actually ditching it in favor of my regular casio (which just so happens to be the same watch she uses to make her custom watches) after the 2nd section in October. Maybe this was because I was so accustomed to using a regular watch, or maybe you really don't need such a thing. I kinda just bought it because I saw everyone else in the October study thread buying 180 watches.

Gamine

New

Post by Gamine » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:47 pm

I really wanted one for the December test but I emailed in early October and got no reply. I e-mailed again at the end of October and got a reply two weeks later but I had already purchased another lsat watch.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:49 pm

She finally Msged me back saying shed process a refund. It would prob have taken another week to receive.

Just use a regular watch. Set it to 12 o'clock and when it hits 12:35 you know your times up. It's more reliable and you can actually start practice using it now.

fnma2jd

Bronze

Post by fnma2jd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Nicolena. wrote:She finally Msged me back saying shed process a refund. It would prob have taken another week to receive.

Just use a regular watch. Set it to 12 o'clock and when it hits 12:35 you know your times up. It's more reliable and you can actually start practice using it now.
If it helps, I ordered from "LSAT Timer" (The other one thats not the 180watch) and received mine within a week. There are less options in terms of background so he makes them in bulk and sends it out when you order it. I would recommend, I ordered mid week and had mine the next monday. I wanted 180 watch but they were sold out :(
Last edited by fnma2jd on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 pm

I ordered one of these and it took close to 6 weeks to arrive. Emails were ignored. Just terrible. I lost it pretty quickly and ended up using a $9 watch from Amazon.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 pm

After hearing all these stories, I'm pretty mad that I actually ordered from this place.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:04 pm

muzzy wrote:FWIW, 180 Watch had no such issues and works great.
They seem to come most highly recommended, but they've been sold out for a while.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:46 am

muzzy wrote:
xylocarp wrote:They seem to come most highly recommended, but they've been sold out for a while.
Well, shoot. Seems weird that they'd be sold out. I remember reading that a few months ago, you'd figure the supplier would figure it out how to meet demand.
Yeah, based on logic and experience you'd think the supplier would have figured out the supply/demand cycle revolves around administration dates by now, but complaints like those in this thread have been common every single test administration since the person started offering these watches for sale many many administrations ago. The persons long term track record shows that (s)he doesn't put much of a priority on timeliness and responding to customers, she flakes like this and leaves students hanging every administration leading up to test day. If you search old threads you'll find many similar complaints from the past.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

usernotfound

Bronze

Post by usernotfound » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:08 pm

I bought one a few months ago and it's been broken for a week. Randomly stopped working and the timing is all f'ed up.

Emailed but no reply.

Anyone suggest a good regular analog watch from amazon or somewhere common and can ship fast?(Taking dec 7)

lsatyolo

Gold

Post by lsatyolo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:42 pm

usernotfound wrote:I bought one a few months ago and it's been broken for a week. Randomly stopped working and the timing is all f'ed up.

Emailed but no reply.

Anyone suggest a good regular analog watch from amazon or somewhere common and can ship fast?(Taking dec 7)

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MQ24-7B-Ana ... asio+watch

usernotfound

Bronze

Post by usernotfound » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:57 am

lsatyolo wrote:
usernotfound wrote:I bought one a few months ago and it's been broken for a week. Randomly stopped working and the timing is all f'ed up.

Emailed but no reply.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MQ24-7B-Ana ... asio+watch
Thanks!

hbn

New

Post by hbn » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:50 am

Finally I received the watch. It took about 7 weeks to the U.S address, then my friend sent it to me. The international mailing took another 2 weeks. Fortunately,I like it. So if you want to buy one,please make sure order in advance.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mark_gg_daniels

New

Post by mark_gg_daniels » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:51 pm

An lsat watch?! WTF

People will literally buy any old shit.

I just went to the dollar store and bought a shitty analog alarm clock an reset it to midday after every section.

Worked a treat although I think the ticking was distracting my neighbors.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:57 pm

While I was practicing for the LSAT, I started taking the tests without a watch. I set a timer across the room that I couldn't see the time. I found that monitoring my time actually stressed me out and distracted me while taking the tests. I got my internal clock figured out, and I took the LSAT sans watch or clock in room. I performed at my best. I would highly recommend trying a couple different methods with timing while practicing for the LSAT. I think some people get too obsessed with their watches and minutes. I just wanted to share my experience.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”