When should I begin to study for June LSAT?Blueprint in Dec?

calmike

When should I begin to study for June LSAT?Blueprint in Dec?

Postby calmike » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Hello,
I want to take the June LSAT and I need advice of when to take the prep course. I plan to take a Blueprint course. However, one is from Dec-Feb and the other from March-June. Which do you think I should take? I am scared that if I take the March course then if i am not comfortable with my score I will not have time for self-study. If I take the Dec. course and I am not ready by Feb then I have 4 more months to study of my own? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

blackbirdfly

Re: When should I begin to study for June LSAT?Blueprint in Dec?

Postby blackbirdfly » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:01 pm

My advice is to take from Dec-Feb. Get a strong foundation from Blueprint, then use this foundation from Feb-Jun to fill gaps, drill, and take more timed PTs.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:04 pm

blackbirdfly wrote:My advice is to take from Dec-Feb. Get a strong foundation from Blueprint, then use this foundation from Feb-Jun to fill gaps, drill, and take more timed PTs.

Straw_Mandible

Postby Straw_Mandible » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:08 pm

I agree. Earlier is unquestionably better. When you finish your course in Feb, you will have a good chunk of time remaining to hone your skills, apply what you've learned, and target whatever weak spots remain.

Also, come join The Official June 2014 Study Group!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=211248

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:31 pm

calmike wrote:Hello,
I want to take the June LSAT and I need advice of when to take the prep course. I plan to take a Blueprint course. However, one is from Dec-Feb and the other from March-June. Which do you think I should take? I am scared that if I take the March course then if i am not comfortable with my score I will not have time for self-study. If I take the Dec. course and I am not ready by Feb then I have 4 more months to study of my own? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Generally, I'd recommend taking the March-June class for the June LSAT, as our courses are designed to run up to a specific LSAT.

That being said, it seems like you're aiming for a top score, which, while definitely attainable during a course, can sometimes take extra time. If you can definitely spend the time studying after the course is over (you have the time, you have the discipline, and you have the stamina to study for this thing for half a year), then taking the earlier course to leave yourself time for studying solo afterwards isn't a bad plan.

I have many students in each class postpone because they know they have a few more points in them. I usually work with them to come up with a study plan - if you get to the end of the course and need help with that, shoot me a PM. Though I'm sure your instructor would help you out with this as well.

Also, which class are you thinking of enrolling in? If you shoot me a PM with that info, I can get you in touch with the instructor and also check if we're hosting any events that would qualify you for a discount in your area.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”