Postby 10052014 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thorcogan

Re: How to review when Drilling LR?

Postby Thorcogan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:31 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:Reading the LR bible now, and will move on to drill with Mlsat LR.

However, I was wondering how I should review LR questions while drilling, mainly because I see people write out explanations in detail.
I just dont want to do a bunch of LR questions from the packets and not learn anything...

Can you guys/gals enlighten me on the specifics of how to review? (Type them out, or write them; how long; etc)

Also, are there any good explanations out there? (I loved 7sage for LG. btw)

TIA

If you are able to explain why the right answer is right, and why each wrong answer is wrong, then you are reviewing very well. That doesn't need to be very log either. Most answers are wrong because of small details, so something as short as "restates premise" is a perfectly fine explanation for something that is wrong.

For me, I take a look at what a problem and my explanation of it and think, "could I teach this problem to someone?" If yes, I'm done, if not, what am I missing?

Postby 10052014 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thorcogan

Re: How to review when Drilling LR?

Postby Thorcogan » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:57 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:
Thorcogan wrote:
jaylawyer09 wrote:Reading the LR bible now, and will move on to drill with Mlsat LR.

However, I was wondering how I should review LR questions while drilling, mainly because I see people write out explanations in detail.
I just dont want to do a bunch of LR questions from the packets and not learn anything...

Can you guys/gals enlighten me on the specifics of how to review? (Type them out, or write them; how long; etc)

Also, are there any good explanations out there? (I loved 7sage for LG. btw)

TIA

If you are able to explain why the right answer is right, and why each wrong answer is wrong, then you are reviewing very well. That doesn't need to be very log either. Most answers are wrong because of small details, so something as short as "restates premise" is a perfectly fine explanation for something that is wrong.

For me, I take a look at what a problem and my explanation of it and think, "could I teach this problem to someone?" If yes, I'm done, if not, what am I missing?

Ok, I guess I will get a notebook dedicated only to LR explanations. (although I am still considering a word document..)

That is not something you should be worrying about. There is no difference other than personal preference. You could even not write it down, as long as u went through the process of going through the problem and answers. Be realistic. Are you ever going to come back and actually look at what you are writing down? If not, then the act of writing it down might just be a waste of time. On the other hand, if you are one of the many, many people who learn better simply by actively writing something down, then by all means do it.

It's all personal preference as long as u go through the process of analyzing the question and each answer choice

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”