. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bigfeature

New

Post by bigfeature » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:06 am

Last edited by bigfeature on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

flash21

Gold

Re: going to the US to take lsat classes? crazy?

Post by flash21 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:26 pm

didnt read all of it but god no. there are online classes that are just as good I bet, for a fraction of the price

Ahamilton

New

Post by Ahamilton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:29 pm

get 7sage.

toshiroh

Bronze

Post by toshiroh » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Ahamilton wrote:get 7sage.
+1

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 pm

So you don't want a tutor that could potentially help you (even over Skype), but you'd rather live in a new place, with new people, and drop close to 10k on just to take a class?

Doesn't make sense.

Get a tutor and skype with him/her twice a week or something. Get 7sage as TTICR.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The LSAT Trainer

Silver

Post by The LSAT Trainer » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:08 pm

JY (of 7Sage) and I recently had a conversation about how tough it is to sell a low cost product --

In other parts of life, we all have a tendency to think that more expensive = higher quality = safer bet; and I also think we all have an instinct to say "since the LSAT is so important to me, I will go spend a lot of money to get ready for it." This "safe bet" marketing is one of the main reasons that Kaplan is still around, even though they overcharge for a second-rate product.

In the LSAT world, price does not equate to quality or effectiveness -- higher price products are not necessarily better, and spending money on moving, taking a live course, etc. is probably not the most efficient way for you to improve your score. Your most valuable commodity is study time, and you want the tools that will help you get the most out of the time you invest.

To be honest, I'm not sure another prep system is the solution for you. Having said that, if you do think you need another course, I also strongly endorse 7sage.

They make a very high quality product, and sell it at a remarkable price -- less than a 1/4 of what others charge for similar products of lesser quality -- there are 62 student reviews of 7sage posted on their website -- every single one of those 62 is 5 star. I think that should definitely be enough to convince you to check them out.

Ahamilton

New

Post by Ahamilton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:12 pm

The LSAT Trainer wrote:JY (of 7Sage) and I recently had a conversation about how tough it is to sell a low cost product --

In other parts of life, we all have a tendency to think that more expensive = higher quality = safer bet; and I also think we all have an instinct to say "since the LSAT is so important to me, I will go spend a lot of money to get ready for it." This "safe bet" marketing is one of the main reasons that Kaplan is still around, even though they overcharge for a second-rate product.

In the LSAT world, price does not equate to quality or effectiveness -- higher price products are not necessarily better, and spending money on moving, taking a live course, etc. is probably not the most efficient way for you to improve your score. Your most valuable commodity is study time, and you want the tools that will help you get the most out of the time you invest.

To be honest, I'm not sure another prep system is the solution for you. Having said that, if you do think you need another course, I also strongly endorse 7sage.

They make a very high quality product, and sell it at a remarkable price -- less than a 1/4 of what others charge for similar products of lesser quality -- there are 62 student reviews of 7sage posted on their website -- every single one of those 62 is 5 star. I think that should definitely be enough to convince you to check them out.
the two best lsat tutors talking to each other. i wish i was a fly in that room.

bigfeature

New

Post by bigfeature » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Last edited by bigfeature on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:34 pm

I used these guys. They're available via skype, and the prices aren't terrible. My score jumped 8 points.

http://lsatwiz.com/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”