Advice needed on whether to write an addendum or not?

anthony.a

Advice needed on whether to write an addendum or not?

Postby anthony.a » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:19 pm

i took the last three times, and improved my score by 9 points within that year. my second attempt was 4 points higher than my first. and my third attempt was 5 points higher than my second.

about a month prior to taking the december lsat my cousin whom i was very close to and grew up with passed away. his passing hit me hard, but i pushed myself to take the lsat since the plan was to attend law school the following year. i then took the february lsat and performed poorly as well, even though i increased my score.

i took time to grieve and clear my head, and decided to opt out of the june lsat. i studied hard for the october lsat and increased my lsat by 5 points.

instead of making this a sob story (i hate it when people feel sorry for me), i plan on taking ownership while writing my addendum by mentioning that it was a mistake on my end not to cancel my score or even sit out for the first two exams. but i also plan on talking about how i was not mentally prepared for the lsat the first two times, and that i was cautious about how i prepared for the 3rd time i took the LSAT, and ultimately ask admissions to view my third lsat score as a closer representation.

is a death in family prior to LSAT a legitimate reason to write an addendum? also, i know that that law schools require documentation if you are to write an addendum regarding "historically poor performance on standardized test", will law schools require documentation for the passing away of my cousin?

thanks

bp shinners

Re: Advice needed on whether to write an addendum or not?

Postby bp shinners » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:35 pm

anthony.a wrote:iis a death in family prior to LSAT a legitimate reason to write an addendum? also, i know that that law schools require documentation if you are to write an addendum regarding "historically poor performance on standardized test", will law schools require documentation for the passing away of my cousin?

thanks

Law schools generally don't require documentation - they expect you to tell the truth.

If the school asks for an addendum, this would be a safe one to write. If they don't, I would probably skip it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”