Quote that I think is super applicable to preparing for LSAT

lsat_hopeful

Quote that I think is super applicable to preparing for LSAT

Postby lsat_hopeful » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Regarding boxing: "Look guys, there's no single right way to be a boxer - if you're hitting your opponent more than he's hitting you, you're doing it right! i'm just showing you what works best for most people".

Just wanted to share this, as I think it's very applicable to preparing/"training" yourself for the LSAT (and just taking the LSAT in general)... there are a lot of different methods to prepare, and just because one method works for a large number of people, doesn't mean it's the only way to do it. I've seen this advice on here before - as long as it works for you, do it. There's no one right way to prepare / approach a problem or the LSAT in general.

Open to hear your opinion as well.

bp shinners

Re: Quote that I think is super applicable to preparing for LSAT

Postby bp shinners » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:34 pm

I think it's generally good advice.

However, I would say that if you're going to try an approach (not necessarily a study approach - it might be an approach to a certain question type) that works for most people, make sure you understand why it works for most people before you decide to abandon it because it doesn't work for you. Too many people give up on something that would work for them before it clicks, instead falling back on what comes naturally to them. And what comes naturally isn't always the best way to approach something.

lsat_hopeful

Re: Quote that I think is super applicable to preparing for LSAT

Postby lsat_hopeful » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:46 pm

bp shinners wrote:I think it's generally good advice.

However, I would say that if you're going to try an approach (not necessarily a study approach - it might be an approach to a certain question type) that works for most people, make sure you understand why it works for most people before you decide to abandon it because it doesn't work for you. Too many people give up on something that would work for them before it clicks, instead falling back on what comes naturally to them. And what comes naturally isn't always the best way to approach something.

That's good advice. Thanks for the perspective - I will keep that in mind!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”