Strictly informative: RC in the trainer

Nicolena.

Strictly informative: RC in the trainer

Postby Nicolena. » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:24 pm

I know many of us have read the trainer and I know many people have said the trainer is not as helpful in RC as LR or LG. However, I strongly disagree.

Recently, I went back and read over pgs 366 -368. He gives some great valuable advice on approaching RC. I think if you are really struggling, you should review these pgs again (or read it for the first time).

wealtheow

Re: Strictly informative: RC in the trainer

Postby wealtheow » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Nicolena. wrote:I know many of us have read the trainer and I know many people have said the trainer is not as helpful in RC as LR or LG. However, I strongly disagree.

Recently, I went back and read over pgs 366 -368. He gives some great valuable advice on approaching RC. I think if you are really struggling, you should review these pgs again (or read it for the first time).

+1. I'm just finishing up that section now. It's very similar to Manhattan RC (because the same guy wrote it, I assume), which helped get me from -3/-2 to -0/-1! :) I think it may be especially helpful for people who typically read with the goal of absorbing every last detail. It helps break that habit!

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:50 pm

wealtheow wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:I know many of us have read the trainer and I know many people have said the trainer is not as helpful in RC as LR or LG. However, I strongly disagree.

+1. I'm just finishing up that section now. It's very similar to Manhattan RC (because the same guy wrote it, I assume), which helped get me from -3/-2 to -0/-1! :) I think it may be especially helpful for people who typically read with the goal of absorbing every last detail. It helps break that habit!

It helped me a lot for the older RCs, where I can go -0/-1 pretty consistently. I'm still having some trouble adjusting to the newer RC's. Idk why. The questions for some reason are just not the same it throws me off.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Is it the comparative passage or just scattered questions?

Either way I would review chps 35 and 36 again if it has to do with strictly questions/ comp passages.

vicpin5190 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:

It helped me a lot for the older RCs, where I can go -0/-1 pretty consistently. I'm still having some trouble adjusting to the newer RC's. Idk why. The questions for some reason are just not the same it throws me off.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”