Advice Needed

browneyed12

Advice Needed

Postby browneyed12 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm

I originally signed up for this December upcoming LSAT, but I really don't feel like I'm ready. I registered for PowerScore classes and have been attending them. I score really well when it comes to the logical reasoning portion, but not so great with the logic games. My Diagnostic is 142 right now.

Originally when I signed up for the LSAT test in December it was because I wanted the material to be fresh in my head once the class ended and to take it just to see how I do. Now I'm having second thoughts... I'm not in a hurry to apply, but I want to score well. My options are to take it in December and retake it in June/Feb. Or to hold off until Feb maybe June.

I work 40 hours a week, so the only time I could study is essentially after work. I was also going to switch to a better course like 7sage to incorporate more understanding of logic games after Powerscore was over if I decide to retake it. And I would have to study on my own, but for a longer period of time. I get the games, but once they get super complex... I get completely lost.

Thoughts? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

gatorchomps

Re: Advice Needed

Postby gatorchomps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm in the same situation. I was going to take the December test, but decided (today, actually) to change my registration to February. I'm just not ready to face it, yet--I have to work on getting my PT scores up, first. If I walked into that testing room on 12/7, I wouldn't be doing myself any favors.

I also work a full-time job, so I can definitely relate to the time squeeze. My evenings and weekends are solely dedicated to studying :)

Wait for February or June. You will thank yourself later!

iamgeorgebush

Re: Advice Needed

Postby iamgeorgebush » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm

If I were you, I would wait until June. I don't know what your uGPA is, but in all likelihood, no law school worth its cost in tuition will admit you with an LSAT score below the mid to upper 160s. Ideally you want to shoot for 170+. This will require a lot of self-study outside of that PowerScore class, and considering that you work full-time, you probably won't be able to get there by February, let alone December.

There are a lot of great resources on TLS about different ways to approach studying for the LSAT; consult the stickies for advice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”