Missing most LR from #18-end. Help/your opinion needed pleas Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Missing most LR from #18-end. Help/your opinion needed pleas

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:54 am

Hello Everyone

I have taken a few PTs recently(15-20 cumulative thus far) and have noticed the above trend emerging. I tend to miss 4-5 questions on each LR section almost entirely from #17/18- to the end.

I've self analyzed and realized it could be due to time pressure. I haven't been able to finish 15 questions in 15 although I'm really close usually 15:30 or 16:00 mins to do 15 questions.

Do you think this trend is due to some sort of time pressure or more(ie not finishing 15 in 15)? In self review, I can see how the time pressure affects me however on the odd section or too there seems to be some really tough LR questions in my weak are - MBT,~MBT.

Should I just focus on my timing? anyone else have this problem and fixed it? I'm scoring mid 160s range. RC is my weak area but I would like to fix this area as well since its more doable in the time frame allotted to me.

Thanks

ph14

Gold

Re: Missing most LR from #18-end. Help/your opinion needed pleas

Post by ph14 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:Hello Everyone

I have taken a few PTs recently(15-20 cumulative thus far) and have noticed the above trend emerging. I tend to miss 4-5 questions on each LR section almost entirely from #17/18- to the end.

I've self analyzed and realized it could be due to time pressure. I haven't been able to finish 15 questions in 15 although I'm really close usually 15:30 or 16:00 mins to do 15 questions.

Do you think this trend is due to some sort of time pressure or more(ie not finishing 15 in 15)? In self review, I can see how the time pressure affects me however on the odd section or too there seems to be some really tough LR questions in my weak are - MBT,~MBT.

Should I just focus on my timing? anyone else have this problem and fixed it? I'm scoring mid 160s range. RC is my weak area but I would like to fix this area as well since its more doable in the time frame allotted to me.

Thanks
Take an untimed section and compare. If you're scoring higher on the untimed section ,it's probably time pressure. If you're scoring the same, it's likely a substantive issue with the material.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:19 pm

ph14 wrote:Take an untimed section and compare. If you're scoring higher on the untimed section ,it's probably time pressure. If you're scoring the same, it's likely a substantive issue with the material.
Good advice. It's also important to note that the questions get harder, generally, as the section progresses. You should expect to get a higher number of later questions incorrect.

It's probably a combination of timing and difficulty; fixing the timing, though, will help with difficulty since you have more time to consider the question.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:31 pm

thank you for the response

so if I do better on an untimed section... then its a time problem, and will fix accordingly.

But if I get the same results or little better...lets say -5 or -4, then its an issue with the material , so I will drill more to fix?

somehow in the past on pt 65 and 63 I've gotten -2 on each LR section. The earlier ones in mid 40s to mid 50s I'm getting -5 or -6 per section.

weird... anyways I will try to work on both issues. At least Im not fatigued.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Ok I did a untimed Lr section from test 42. Got about the same as I normally do (-5)

at least this time I identified a key trend... that I typically get MBT or soft MBT wrong

guess I will drill that today.

thx for the advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”