Four misbubbles on Oct. 2013 Test -- LSAC hand score review?

Dee32

Four misbubbles on Oct. 2013 Test -- LSAC hand score review?

Postby Dee32 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Does anyone have recent, direct experience with requesting a hand score from LSAC to correct a small series of misbubbles? I reviewed some old forum threads and seemed to find anecdotal evidence from users who explained their situation to LSAC, LSAC reviewed the situation, and then accounted for obvious misbubbles. I also read hard line responses from users on here that LSAC will in no way review your misbubbles and fix them.

My situation is this: I took the October 2013 administration and my score came back a 167. I reviewed my bubble sheet and noticed a series of 4 questions on my RC section in which I misbubbled. I put two answers for #24, the first of which was the correct response for #24 and the second of which was the correct response for #25. Then, I put the correct answer for #26 in the bubble row for #25. Then, I put the correct response for #27 in the bubble row for #26. I did not fill in or attempt to fill in an oval for #27. I know that LSAC will not use your test booklet to score your exam, but I did note in an explanation to LSAC that in order to confirm my account of events, it may be useful to look in my test booklet (I marked my answers there before transferring.).

The difference of four questions here would take me to a 170, so obviously it is very important to me. I have already sent a detailed explanation to LSAC, payment for a hand score, etc. I'm just looking to see if anyone has any recent experience with an issue like this and how LSAC handled it. Thanks.

(And yes, I know, I'm an idiot for misbubbling in the first place.)

PotenC

Re: Four misbubbles on Oct. 2013 Test -- LSAC hand score review?

Postby PotenC » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Last edited by PotenC on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dee32

Postby Dee32 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Well that's not a good sign for me...

So sorry your misbubbling! Thanks for sharing your story.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm

Dee32 wrote:Well that's not a good sign for me...

So sorry your misbubbling! Thanks for sharing your story.

They most likely won't change your score, but it's at least worth a try.

Dee32

Postby Dee32 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:26 pm

LSAC got back to me today. They will not change the score. I suppose I'm OK with this for the integrity of the scoring process. it sucks scoring a 170 but not really scoring a 170, but here's to a December retake...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”