Another Retake thread

Domke

Another Retake thread

Postby Domke » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:21 am

Okay, I scored 3 points lower on the test than my average PT removing the outliers. I was surprised because I usually test better than I practice. I have not studied for the last month because I really thought I did well on the test. I know the general recommendation on TLS is to retake but I'm not sure I should. There is only 38 days until the next test and I am wondering if that will be enough to return to pre month off levels. Also I work full time and have multiple obligations next month so my study time is more limited (around 15-20hrs a week). So should I retake? What happens if I retake and get a lower or same score, would that hurt?

mhaas

Re: Another Retake thread

Postby mhaas » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:39 am

Domke wrote:Okay, I scored 3 points lower on the test than my average PT removing the outliers. I was surprised because I usually test better than I practice. I have not studied for the last month because I really thought I did well on the test. I know the general recommendation on TLS is to retake but I'm not sure I should. There is only 38 days until the next test and I am wondering if that will be enough to return to pre month off levels. Also I work full time and have multiple obligations next month so my study time is more limited (around 15-20hrs a week). So should I retake? What happens if I retake and get a lower or same score, would that hurt?

Regrets will haunt you a lifetime

hurldes

Postby hurldes » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:51 am

I say yes, especially if you have unused practice tests left. I was in the same situation... I retook and got one point lower the second time. That sucked, but at least I knew I didn't let the opportunity to score higher pass me by. A lower score won't hurt your chances of admission at almost every school.

sah

Postby sah » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:57 am

I think it depends on score. If you were PTing 174 and got 171, don't worry about it. If you were PTing 171 and got 168? Retake.

Domke

Postby Domke » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:10 am

I have 6 PT's left.

PT's upper 160's test lower 160's.

Domke

Postby Domke » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:58 am

I've decided to retake. Now I just have to figure out the most efficient way of doing it.

I'm thinking lsat trainer and 1 PT a week. Any suggestions?

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Domke wrote:I've decided to retake. Now I just have to figure out the most efficient way of doing it.

I'm thinking lsat trainer and 1 PT a week. Any suggestions?

Cambridge Difficult Questions LR is a great way to get used to the harder LR sections that you'll see (like that monster LR section in October). Also consider pushing back your retake to February if you don't have enough time for December. Schools will still consider your Febraury LSAT scores.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”