Five Week Study Guide (Who did it?)

Youppi!

Five Week Study Guide (Who did it?)

Postby Youppi! » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:59 am

With five weeks to go until the December '13 LSAT administration, I'm sure there are people who've just begun to study. Here's to those souls.

Has anyone here studied for the last five weeks and managed to pull a decent score? What did you do? I'm assuming you focused the most on games.

mellow

Re: Five Week Study Guide (Who did it?)

Postby mellow » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 am

Began with a 164 diagnostic four weeks before the October test. Ended with a 172.

I crammed the Logic Game Bible (excellent) and Logic Reasoning Bible (a mistake - had absolutely no effect on my LR score and actually slowed me down) in a week.

Then in the following weeks, I took one PT a day, sometimes two back to back, making sure to mimic test day conditions as close as possible. Full breakfast, warm up questions, 7sage LSAT proctor with distractions, experimental section, etc. In the afternoons, I drilled games from PTs 1-38 by type. I would write the time I took to finish the game on top and kept it in the "cycle" of LG games for me to do if I didn't finish it under 8:30. I also got the Cambridge Packet of most difficult LR questions to cover questions from PTs 1-30, the tests I didn't have enough time to get to (covered PTs 38-69 and used PTs 30-40 LR and RC as experimental sections).

I plateaued around 169-172 until I got the Manhattan Logic Reasoning book in week 3 which I completed in the afternoons after taking PTs in the morning (fyi, while still drilling LG games and LR questions from the Cambridge packet). That got me to a PT average of 175 for the last week, but I dipped a bit on the actual test day for a 172. Didn't surprise me though because the 175 average was a mix of really high and really low-170s rather than being a consistent 174~176.

Basically, I lived and breathed LSAT for a month (quit my job in preparation). I don't recommend my study plan unless you're the type who needs the pressure to do well. And I definitely feel as if I could have scored higher if I had the Manhattan Logic Reasoning book from the beginning rather than the LR Bible.

Thank god I only have to worry about stabilizing my scores for December because I really don't think I could go through this again haha

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:14 am

How many hours did you study per day?

mellow

Postby mellow » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:18 pm

around 8-10 hours. 3.5 for PT, 1.5 for review, 2-3 for LG, and 2-3 for LR.

onlyunholy

Postby onlyunholy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:23 pm

It looks like LSAT Trainer is highly recommended as well.

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 pm

melodygreenleaf wrote:around 8-10 hours. 3.5 for PT, 1.5 for review, 2-3 for LG, and 2-3 for LR.

What you did obviously worked. Congrats on your score! :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”