another "should I retake?" thread

another "should I retake?" thread

Postby arancian » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 pm

hi everyone,

new here, and hoping for some advice :)

i just received an LSAT score of 171. honestly, i really think i could do a bit better because i focused mostly on the games (what i believed to be my weak point) when i was studying, and didn't prepare for the reading comprehension other than doing some practice sections. i have an LSAC weighted GPA of 3.62, and i'm hoping to get into some of the lower T-14s with some money. i guess my question is, do you think it would be more advantageous for me to apply early-decision with my current numbers, or to retake the exam in december?

(i know it was very stupid to have gone into the exam without having adequately prepared... chalk it up to overconfidence i guess!)

thank you all for any input. :)

Re: another "should I retake?" thread

Postby Every_LSAT » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:08 pm's difficult to say. You did really well on your LSAT already and wouldn't want to mess up your score with a retake that is lower or even the same. So I would say if you can take some practice tests and consistently do better (+3 points or higher), then I would strongly consider it if it works for your application timelines. If you don't end up really improving though, you have good stats as it is and should probably leave well enough alone. Hope this helps.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”