Mastering Logical Reasoning

90convoy

Mastering Logical Reasoning

Postby 90convoy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 pm

LR is pretty much the only thing that is consistently keeping me away from the 170s. I am thinking about taking the month of November and, along with taking PTs, drilling LR. I want to master LR in a montth's time and I am asking if this can be attainable studying 2-3 hours a day during the week and 3-4 hours a day on the weekend.

Progress in LR: I've went through the MLSAT LR book and drilled about 20 questions for every corresponding chapter. This was in August. Now I average anywhere from -4 to -8 timed, but I want to be consistently getting -0/-1.

Thanks!

90convoy

Re: Mastering Logical Reasoning

Postby 90convoy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:30 am

anybody?

neprep

Postby neprep » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:39 am

90convoy wrote:LR is pretty much the only thing that is consistently keeping me away from the 170s. I am thinking about taking the month of November and, along with taking PTs, drilling LR. I want to master LR in a montth's time and I am asking if this can be attainable studying 2-3 hours a day during the week and 3-4 hours a day on the weekend.

Progress in LR: I've went through the MLSAT LR book and drilled about 20 questions for every corresponding chapter. This was in August. Now I average anywhere from -4 to -8 timed, but I want to be consistently getting -0/-1.

Thanks!

Drilling is key, but you should drill a lot more than 20 questions per type.

bobtheblob916

Postby bobtheblob916 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:52 am

Towards the end of my prep period I started going through LR sections and doing only the last 10 questions in each, since those are the hardest. I'd do maybe three of those sections in a row, take a quick break, and do another three. Mostly with untouched sections, but used ones tend to work well too. It gets your brain working harder, and eventually you stop getting intimidated by even the hardest questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”