Need retake help... Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rdelaney

Bronze

Need retake help...

Post by rdelaney » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Hey guys, I'm just looking to find some information...

I postponed my June LSAT and just got my score back for the October administration. My score is abysmal and mostly due to Logical Reasoning. I feel like I can learn LR in a month, but I have a class load that would make it a challenge. I have books on books (MLSAT, Powerscore Bibles) and they didn't seem to be effective and was looking at a class. I feel like I could use a fundamental course to reinforce the books and at this point $$ isn't an issue, but I don't want to spend a fortune on something that won't get me the score I need.

Should I enroll in an online/weekend course to boost my LR scores or just continue to self-study? Also, as a retaker do you think a month is plenty of time to brush up for the December test, I would much rather get my apps in earlier than later.

midwest17

Gold

Re: Need retake help...

Post by midwest17 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Take all the time you need to study, apply next cycle.

iamgeorgebush

Silver

Re: Need retake help...

Post by iamgeorgebush » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 pm

midwest17 wrote:Take all the time you need to study, apply next cycle.
This.

I never took a class, so I can't really say whether it would be valuable, but I suspect not, considering how much prep work you've done already (but I could be wrong). If you've already read the Manhattan LR book and $$ isn't an issue, maybe consider hiring a private tutor. Considering that you've already gone through some books, a tutor might be more effective at targeting your specific weaknesses.

Also, definitely get the Cambridge LR packets and drill those mercilessly. As always, self-study will be what pays off most.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”