Re: Applying Early

retaking23

Re: how did you guys sleep before the Oct-exam?

Postby retaking23 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:First time I took the LSAT, I slept terribly. Maybe 3 hours of sleep in total.

The second time I took it, I got over 8 hours of sleep. I had adjusted my sleep schedule about two weeks prior so that I was getting up early.

The exact opposite for me. First time, I slept like a boss. Second time around, I questioned everything that had anything to do with first time around. Actually got out of bed at one point around 1 AM to do a couple LR questions before I became aware of my paranoia.

Ambitious1

Postby Ambitious1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 pm

First 2 times i sat for the exam I slept horribly the night before. This time around, I slept like a baby.

neprep

Postby neprep » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:17 pm

retaking23 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:First time I took the LSAT, I slept terribly. Maybe 3 hours of sleep in total.

The second time I took it, I got over 8 hours of sleep. I had adjusted my sleep schedule about two weeks prior so that I was getting up early.

The exact opposite for me. First time, I slept like a boss. Second time around, I questioned everything that had anything to do with first time around. Actually got out of bed at one point around 1 AM to do a couple LR questions before I became aware of my paranoia.

Ahhhh!

RhymesLikeDimes

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:44 pm

I slept great. ~10-6, then had a great run, an amazing shower, a fabulous breakfast, and a JAW-DROPPING walk to the test center.

okaygo

Postby okaygo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:21 pm

Ended up waking up around 1 AM as well, but for me it was to make sure that my exam was at the time/location I thought it was.

drevo

Postby drevo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Howl wrote:CVS-brand natural sleep aid super unnaturally early (9:00 or 9:30pm) 3-4 days before the test to get me used to the schedule. No holdover sleepiness/drowsiness for me. Fantastic for getting jetlag out of the way, as well.

The day before the test - no caffeine at all, long run to tire me out, mind-unengaging movie at about 7pm-ish ("Now you see me"), fell asleep at around 10pm. Was up fresh at 6:30am.

I think watching a good movie is an easy way to make the day before easy as well as making sleep easy. I woke up early the Friday before and had a healthy day running around doing errands with my girlfriend. We then saw Gravity at 5:30 or so and I was so intrigued by it that when I went to fall asleep around 10:30 I passed out very quickly as my mind was consumed with thoughts of the movie and not on the LSAT.

edwardt1988

Postby edwardt1988 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:06 pm

I slept like a baby. But then I wasn't taking the Oct test

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

JWP1022 wrote:
luckystar84 wrote:I slept fine 2 nights before (woke up @ 2PM), but that might've compromised my ability to fall asleep the night before. I got only 3 hours of sleep, and I'm not a coffee person. I just ate a ton of energy bars and splashed water onto my face. Anyone else here struggle to get sleep and see their Oct performance suffer for it?

I intentionally got less than 6 hours of sleep the night of the 3rd, and got up at 530AM on the 4th then worked out, ran errands, and just did stuff all day. By the time bedtime rolled around, I was ready to sleep like a baby.

But what you experienced is definitely not uncommon.

Glad it worked for you, but I wouldn't recommend this. There have been plenty of reports here from people who tried this and still slept very poorly the night before.

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:57 pm

I slept pretty well but had crazy dreams. I had listened to a powerscore day before the test prep video and I dreamed that I was on an army helicopter with Dave Kiloran. He told me, "almost time to parachute out" and I woke up. Five minutes before my alarm.
:shock:

aesth24

Postby aesth24 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Got around 4 hours of sleep, 11pm-midnight, woke up, then 2am-5am. Don't think it affected me during the exam. I had plenty of adrenaline and picked up a grande black coffee on the way to the center.

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 am

I could not sleep at all. I've already bought a sleep-aid for December.

lilyt93

Postby lilyt93 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:24 am

tofuspeedstar wrote:Had to down some melatonin to hop into bed around 10.

I had been on melatonin for two weeks to make sure it would help my body. It did, but then I ended up OD'ing on it the night before the exam. Got three hours of what I called "quality rest" and a maximum of 30 minutes of light sleep. This for a person who never ever gets fewer than 8 hours a night. Luckily, coffee and adrenaline kept it from affecting my score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”