TLSers who used LSAT Trainer - is it effective for RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

TLSers that used LSAT Trainer - did you find the lessons on RC to be very strong/helpful overall?

Yes (please expand in comments!)
100%
No (please expand in comments!)
No votes

Total votes: 4

lsat_hopeful

New

TLSers who used LSAT Trainer - is it effective for RC?

Post by lsat_hopeful » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

TLSers that used LSAT Trainer - did you find the lessons on RC to be very strong/helpful?

I am considering using ONLY the LSAT Trainer to guide me in RC (besides doing superpreps, PTs and reading TLS forums).

Any general suggestions for the best resources/ways to study for RC are also welcome.

Thanks in advance,
LSAT_hopeful
Last edited by lsat_hopeful on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Re: LSAT Trainer as the only guide for Reading Comprehension?

Post by ZVBXRPL » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:18 pm

+1
Im having trouble w RC. I use Voyager, Powerscore, and Mahnattan. Not too impressed. tips?

izzy895

New

Post by izzy895 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Manhattan is definitely worth a read, but they even suggest there is a lot you have to figure out on your own as in what works for you. There are a lot of useful tips though. I always like the explanations in manhattan and the example of a 180 student going through a section.

Rc is my weakest section by far, but I've noticed some improvement by reading through the passage slower and more carefully. I like voyager's advice to do a little summary and I also try to split up bigger paragraphs. Now that I'm drilling Cambridge untimed, I can see some common mistakes I was making and I think slowing down to recognize things and then applying that to real timed sections is helping me.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 pm

A drill I've been having a lot of success with recently is to give my students 1 or 2 sentences (commas aren't allowed - no compound sentences here) to describe each paragraph (I split a paragraph up if there's a shift in the paragraph between viewpoints - usually denoted by a however/but/on the other hand/etc.). And they have to reference at least one viewpoint in any sentence. This gets them to focus on the basics of each paragraph - who's arguing and what they're using for proof. Getting that down usually answers 75% of the questions.

The LSAT Trainer

Silver

Post by The LSAT Trainer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi there --

I know this thread is meant for others and not for me to comment, but thought you might find this helpful --

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... w=previous

Good luck!

lsat_hopeful

New

Post by lsat_hopeful » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:25 pm

The LSAT Trainer wrote:Hi there --

I know this thread is meant for others and not for me to comment, but thought you might find this helpful --

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... w=previous

Good luck!
Thanks Mike! I actually printed this out to read tonight. I appreciate your help!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”