Best path until December

usernotfound

Best path until December

Postby usernotfound » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Currently registered to sit in December and apply for Fall 2014. I've taken the Blueprint class and have been doing self study recently after the course has ended. I've done about 16 PT's at this point my the average of my last few tests has been around 165. I'm hoping to score around 170 +/- 2 on test day and I think it's certainly doable at the rate I have been improving.

Right now:
LR Sections: Usually ~-5
LG: Usually -0-5. Some times I'll get them all correct or miss one or two due to careless errors, but other times the more "random" games will fudge up the section and I'll get 4-6 wrong.
RC: Usually -2-7(average -~5-6) Probably my weakest section but I have improved to where I am consistently getting several less wrong than I was weeks ago.

So I have slightly less than two months until test day, and I feel like I know the exam but need to iron out the harder LR questions, make sure to review more games to reduce the possibility of messing one up that I am less familiar with, and in general just do more RC passages with the hopes of reducing my average incorrect answers.

Is the best thing from here to just take PT's and review the incorrect answers and the ones I was unsure about but got correct anyways?

What I have been doing to review is basically use the Manhattan LR forums to review LR questions, and watch 7sage videos to review LG's as his method is relatively similar to Blueprints. For RC I just try to understand why I got it wrong, and what I can do next time to not make the same error.

Was wondering if it would be worthwhile to read over the Manhattan LR book or look into 7sage or the LSAT trainer. Thoughts?

Connor Benz

Re: Best path until December

Postby Connor Benz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:11 pm

No. Stick with that the method that you used. I took BP and I have an opinion of them that I won't post on this board, but stick to the method that you have learned. I took the December test too.

Postby 10052014 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mes10d

Postby mes10d » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:49 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:No. Stick with that the method that you used. I took BP and I have an opinion of them that I won't post on this board, but stick to the method that you have learned. I took the December test too.

Is it a good or bad opinion?

If (s)he won't post it on here, I'm assuming it's either a neutral or negative opinion.

AnonymousAlterEgoC

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 am

I have similar goals (PT average is a bit higher) and made a few huge mistakes while studying.

I bought the newest "10 PT" book and studied from them. I did not study from anything newer. The recent tests are different from the 2011 tests. Do not make this mistake.

I did not study RC. Do not make this mistake. I just ordered Manhattan RC.

I took a break from studying after achieving a very high PT score. Do not make this mistake. Stay vigilant and aim for 180.

I highly recommend drilling and compiling missed questions.

You need to take a lot more PTs.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am

camelthing wrote:I have similar goals (PT average is a bit higher) and made a few huge mistakes while studying.

I bought the newest "10 PT" book and studied from them. I did not study from anything newer. The recent tests are different from the 2011 tests. Do not make this mistake.

I did not study RC. Do not make this mistake. I just ordered Manhattan RC.

I took a break from studying after achieving a very high PT score. Do not make this mistake. Stay vigilant and aim for 180.

I highly recommend drilling and compiling missed questions.

You need to take a lot more PTs.

I plan on taking at least another 25 PT's. I have already taken 60-69 with the exception of 67 I believe, which I am trying to save until it gets closer to test day because it's my only new fresh exam.

I was going to try and do 50-60 next, but after glossing over them I noticed Blueprint had taken a bunch of RC passages from those PT's and probably a bunch of LG and LR questions/passages as well. I was trying to find PT's where I have not seen most of the questions as opposed to taking more recent ones where I have already seen up to half of the questions. I took PT 52 the other day, and had remembered a handful of questions, although I still had to look for the correct answers for most of them because I took it long enough ago that I didn't remember the correct answer. I ended up getting a 172 on that, but I can only assume that's because I noticed a handful of questions in LR and the RC passages.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”