Please help!! Is it a sign of burnout? Feeling desperate

isky6017

Please help!! Is it a sign of burnout? Feeling desperate

Postby isky6017 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi. I am in need of your help!! I took the LSAT 7 years ago and got a 151. My GPA is 3.32. graduated from a unversity in England with a degree of Business Administration. 7 years ago, due to marriage and other personal issues, I gave up on the notion of going to law school and spent two years of the disatrous marrige (physical and verbal abuse), and recently got divorced. As you might have noticed, English is not my primary language. I am 31 year old, Asian Female. I am writing the LSAT this December, I have been prepping hardcore for little more than 3 months now. Recently, I had some personal issues that made me extremely stressed out, and since then, I am experiencing difficulty concentrating on the LSAT prep. When I take a preptest, my mind wonders restlessly, I can't even complete one section within a time lmit. I am really frustrated and stressed out. Also, I keep making silly and careless mistakes mainly due to concentration issue.
Before then, I have been getting mid-150s which are not good any way. I am feeling weak, depressed and helpless. I took 3 days off in order to get back on the track, but I am still experiencing difficulty. Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Postby 10052014 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:08 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pancakes12

Re: Please help!! Is it a sign of burnout? Feeling desperate

Postby Pancakes12 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:12 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:
isky6017 wrote:Hi. I am in need of your help!! I took the LSAT 7 years ago and got a 151. My GPA is 3.32. graduated from a unversity in England with a degree of Business Administration. 7 years ago, due to marriage and other personal issues, I gave up on the notion of going to law school and spent two years of the disatrous marrige (physical and verbal abuse), and recently got divorced. As you might have noticed, English is not my primary language. I am 31 year old, Asian Female. I am writing the LSAT this December, I have been prepping hardcore for little more than 3 months now. Recently, I had some personal issues that made me extremely stressed out, and since then, I am experiencing difficulty concentrating on the LSAT prep. When I take a preptest, my mind wonders restlessly, I can't even complete one section within a time lmit. I am really frustrated and stressed out. Also, I keep making silly and careless mistakes mainly due to concentration issue.
Before then, I have been getting mid-150s which are not good any way. I am feeling weak, depressed and helpless. I took 3 days off in order to get back on the track, but I am still experiencing difficulty. Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

You are asian. You are already supposed to be smart. lol

this must be an exception.

Really?

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

isky6017

Postby isky6017 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I have been prepping with powerscore books, Manhattan and Cambridge drill books.
My prep was all going good without much serious issues.
It is just that I have started experiencing concentration problem for few days now, making me feel really frustrated, and panicky since the LSAT is scheduled in two months.
7 years ago, i prepped incorrectly, took the princeton review course. I did't review after I took a prep test. I just tried to take as many prep test possible without reviewing questions I got wrong.
But this time, I review all the questions regardless whether I got them right or wrong.
I take prep test 3 times a week.
Thing started to click. But since then, I just can't concentrate.
I am feeling weak, dizzy, lost appetite and easily irritable.
I don't know what is wrong with me.

Postby 10052014 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:18 am

Sounds like your issues are psychological more than anything else. Things you might consider...

1. Yoga (esp vinyasa). I used to do Yoga and think it's one of the best releases there is. Do it every day if you can.

2. Exercise. Run or do some other form of cardio every day, or at least 20 minutes a day. Again, a great way to release stress.

3. Meditate. This doesn't really work for me, but it certainly does for many.

4. Seeing a therapist, or if you can't afford one, a priest/rabbi/monk/imam/whomever. Just talking to someone could help loads.

5. Regular masturbation. Seriously.

6. Getting massages (if you can afford it).

7. Eating well.

AbhiJ

Postby AbhiJ » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 am

Just remember that you are NOT the only one feeling stressed. When the going gets tough keep going. Get a study buddy.
Have some time for recreation. Ensure that you have a regular sleep schedule. Last but not the least believe in yourself.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”