Retake Question-Advice Needed

rowdyreptile5861

Retake Question-Advice Needed

Postby rowdyreptile5861 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Hey everyone. Long time reader, first time poster.

I took the October 2013 LSAT on Saturday. I was testing in the 170+ range, but unfortunately I was hospitalized on Tuesday and released literally less than 24 hours before the test. It really affected me on the first section (which was LG) which I know for a fact is going to count towards my actual score. I feel I could have missed upwards of 6 on that section, which would probably kick me out of the 170's. Obviously, if that is the case, I would retake in December. Here's my question.

The score that I receive will probably be more than good enough to get me into my state university's law school, where I currently go for undergrad (one guess where). If my October score pans out the way I think it's going to, is it possible to apply to my state law school, presumably get in, retake in December, hopefully get a 170+ and wait to apply for T14's next cycle? Obviously if I don't get my 170 I would take the acceptance here.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Kimikho

Re: Retake Question-Advice Needed

Postby Kimikho » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Sorry you were sick :( that sucks.

Why apply to your state school? Why not just wait until December and then either wait a cycle or apply then?

also are you sure the LG was the real LG?

rowdyreptile5861

Postby rowdyreptile5861 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:01 pm

That's a good point I didn't think about that. I suppose I would want to get an edge by applying early, but if the score is good enough it wouldn't really matter.

And I confirmed it with a friend who only had one LG section, but he could be mistaken (I hope he was at the very least).

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:10 pm

rowdyreptile5861 wrote:That's a good point I didn't think about that. I suppose I would want to get an edge by applying early, but if the score is good enough it wouldn't really matter.

And I confirmed it with a friend who only had one LG section, but he could be mistaken (I hope he was at the very least).

I would just do this. A 170 for someone applying in January will almost always beat out a 16X in October. The only thing is that you will lose the ability to ED, but its better to avoid ED anyway unless you have to.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”