Post removed.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:41 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 pm

snagglepuss wrote:What's up with the extended December wait? I just registered an hour ago and saw a Jan. 6 release. Brutal.


It's so they can surprise everyone and send them out on December 25th.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby drawstring » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:42 pm

dosto5 wrote:
drawstring wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:So December is traditionally tougher test with a more lenient curve?


It seems that way to me.


You guys have probably seen this before but it's an interesting read (though old):

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/ea ... -june.html


Thx for that.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:43 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby snagglepuss » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:43 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:What's up with the extended December wait? I just registered an hour ago and saw a Jan. 6 release. Brutal.


I guess for the holidays and LSAC comittee having holiday time off? Sucks because Penn's ED round 2 deadline is Jan 7th

Kind of what I figured. I'm not sure if a holiday season wait will be better or worse. I'm thinking worse because it'll be my third and final.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:44 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tannerdb
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby tannerdb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 pm

LR 26 had tricky answers. The questions stems weren't the most difficult and the parallel reasoning didn't have crazy answers like they sometimes do, but the combo of everything still felt tough.

RC didn't have super boring topics nor overly dense but again the answers to choose from feels diff than the 60s. But the questions and the passages themselves don't feel different.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby goldenboy514 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:47 pm

bee wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:Idk if it was jitters or freaking out because I did it fine after reviewing, but I totally bombed the movies game on 70 and made some sick and distorted diagram that Ive never made before. Pretty much did 3 categories on the bottom for each screen and split the 1st and 3rd in half with a 7 and 9 time on each. Helped me make 0 inferences. In hindsight it was pretty easy, but did anyone else mess up diagramming this?

ME.


I LAID IT OUT LIKE A LINEAR GAME FML FML FML. i missed all but 1 q on theaters. that one game DESTROYED my score.


Well we can be friends because Misery loves company and Im glad Im not the only one. This not only got me -6 or so but I ended up taking maybe 18 mins on this one. Needless to say I went -11 on LG all due to damn theatres

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

I know this has been asked many times now, but are we looking at substantial losses in scholarship money by applying in Jan with the same LSAT score without improving any?

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby snagglepuss » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Otunga wrote:I know this has been asked many times now, but are we looking at substantial losses in scholarship money by applying in Jan with the same LSAT score without improving any?

I don't know a cursory trial with myLSN didn't really tell me a ton. What's clear to me is that acceptance chances will fall if we don't improve, but I don't know for scholarships. When do scholarships start to flow in? Not at acceptance early in the cycle, right?

User avatar
tannerdb
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby tannerdb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:56 pm

bee wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:Idk if it was jitters or freaking out because I did it fine after reviewing, but I totally bombed the movies game on 70 and made some sick and distorted diagram that Ive never made before. Pretty much did 3 categories on the bottom for each screen and split the 1st and 3rd in half with a 7 and 9 time on each. Helped me make 0 inferences. In hindsight it was pretty easy, but did anyone else mess up diagramming this?

ME.


I LAID IT OUT LIKE A LINEAR GAME FML FML FML. i missed all but 1 q on theaters. that one game DESTROYED my score.


The good thing is that a game like movies won't appear on the next LSAT since its got its own style. Forget about it and get that 175+

That's what I tell myself about the memorable LGs when I study for a retake.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 pm

As it stands, I'm basically looking at Penn with little money, UVA and Duke with decent-ish money and Cornell with better than decent-ish money (80-100k) according to myLSN. If all those dropped like 10K or whatever...so be it, I suppose.

Of course, we all shall improve our scores and this becomes moot.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby goldenboy514 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:01 pm

dosto5 wrote:
tannerdb wrote:The good thing is that a game like movies won't appear on the next LSAT since its got its own style. Forget about it and get that 175+

That's what I tell myself about the memorable LGs when I study for a retake.


Theaters was just a grouping game with subcategories that threw people off because they were sequential. I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few similar games in the past, so it's not uncommon.


Ya I set it up in review pretty much as a 3 layer grouping game with 1,2,3 screens as base sets and times 7,8,9 as the 3 sub cats. I then Xd out where each screen wasnt available for each time. Is there a better technique?

User avatar
becs
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby becs » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:02 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:
bee wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:Idk if it was jitters or freaking out because I did it fine after reviewing, but I totally bombed the movies game on 70 and made some sick and distorted diagram that Ive never made before. Pretty much did 3 categories on the bottom for each screen and split the 1st and 3rd in half with a 7 and 9 time on each. Helped me make 0 inferences. In hindsight it was pretty easy, but did anyone else mess up diagramming this?

ME.


I LAID IT OUT LIKE A LINEAR GAME FML FML FML. i missed all but 1 q on theaters. that one game DESTROYED my score.


Well we can be friends because Misery loves company and Im glad Im not the only one. This not only got me -6 or so but I ended up taking maybe 18 mins on this one. Needless to say I went -11 on LG all due to damn theatres


Yep, me too. My diagram was pretty hilarious and useless. Looking at my LG score breakdown was funny though. I could tell right away where the damn movies game was!

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby goldenboy514 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Otunga wrote:As it stands, I'm basically looking at Penn with little money, UVA and Duke with decent-ish money and Cornell with better than decent-ish money (80-100k) according to myLSN. If all those dropped like 10K or whatever...so be it, I suppose.

Of course, we all shall improve our scores and this becomes moot.


Are u applying with current score or are you holding application all together. Unfortunately my LSAt was such a bomb that I wouldnt be applying to law school at all with my current score , but seems ur in a better spot

User avatar
foundingfather
Posts: 937
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby foundingfather » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:03 pm

becs wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
bee wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:Idk if it was jitters or freaking out because I did it fine after reviewing, but I totally bombed the movies game on 70 and made some sick and distorted diagram that Ive never made before. Pretty much did 3 categories on the bottom for each screen and split the 1st and 3rd in half with a 7 and 9 time on each. Helped me make 0 inferences. In hindsight it was pretty easy, but did anyone else mess up diagramming this?

ME.


I LAID IT OUT LIKE A LINEAR GAME FML FML FML. i missed all but 1 q on theaters. that one game DESTROYED my score.


Well we can be friends because Misery loves company and Im glad Im not the only one. This not only got me -6 or so but I ended up taking maybe 18 mins on this one. Needless to say I went -11 on LG all due to damn theatres


Yep, me too. My diagram was pretty hilarious and useless. Looking at my LG score breakdown was funny though. I could tell right away where the damn movies game was!


I thought this type of game looked very familiar to some I found in PT69 and PT68... one of them was delivery or something, I'm not exactly sure. very confusing. I remember the dispatch game really fucked with my head before the test... the same set up, a distribution type of set up with three levels under each column

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:04 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:
Otunga wrote:As it stands, I'm basically looking at Penn with little money, UVA and Duke with decent-ish money and Cornell with better than decent-ish money (80-100k) according to myLSN. If all those dropped like 10K or whatever...so be it, I suppose.

Of course, we all shall improve our scores and this becomes moot.


Are u applying with current score or are you holding application all together. Unfortunately my LSAt was such a bomb that I wouldnt be applying to law school at all with my current score , but seems ur in a better spot


I'd probably apply to Cornell and BU/BC with my current score if I could. The issue is that, from what I've read on this board, the schools can see you're retaking by looking at your LSAC profile, so they just keep your app on hold until the new score comes in. (this is assuming you submit it before the test)

User avatar
tannerdb
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby tannerdb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm

dosto5 wrote:
tannerdb wrote:The good thing is that a game like movies won't appear on the next LSAT since its got its own style. Forget about it and get that 175+

That's what I tell myself about the memorable LGs when I study for a retake.


Theaters was just a grouping game with subcategories that threw people off because they were sequential. I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few similar games in the past, so it's not uncommon.


True... I think the 8pm slot was probably what affected diagramming for people. The slot in the middle may or may not come up again worded in a different way but they probably won't test that twice in a row.

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby CookieDough » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:What's up with the extended December wait? I just registered an hour ago and saw a Jan. 6 release. Brutal.


I guess for the holidays and LSAC comittee having holiday time off? Sucks because Penn's ED round 2 deadline is Jan 7th

Kind of what I figured. I'm not sure if a holiday season wait will be better or worse. I'm thinking worse because it'll be my third and final.


Good news is they do get released VERY early sometimes http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S0Y2OxLmA7U/U ... +Dates.png

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:16 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
snagglepuss
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby snagglepuss » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:21 pm

CookieDough wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:What's up with the extended December wait? I just registered an hour ago and saw a Jan. 6 release. Brutal.


I guess for the holidays and LSAC comittee having holiday time off? Sucks because Penn's ED round 2 deadline is Jan 7th

Kind of what I figured. I'm not sure if a holiday season wait will be better or worse. I'm thinking worse because it'll be my third and final.


Good news is they do get released VERY early sometimes http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S0Y2OxLmA7U/U ... +Dates.png

I think the pattern shifted 2 years ago or something like that. So I imagine the wait will be 25-27 days.

EveryLSAT
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby EveryLSAT » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:22 pm

If anyone is looking for some extra/rare practice tests check out SPAM, we have them all available in the new 2-page Games format including the free June 2007 exam.


Happy studies!

User avatar
CookieDough
Posts: 404
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby CookieDough » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:26 pm

snagglepuss wrote:
CookieDough wrote:Good news is they do get released VERY early sometimes http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S0Y2OxLmA7U/U ... +Dates.png

I think the pattern shifted 2 years ago or something like that. So I imagine the wait will be 25-27 days.


I'm sure, but a girl can dream! Also, as long as it's not 32 days I should be okay...




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests