Post removed.

AAJD2B

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 pm

For Synchro, would one order suffice ? How often to take before game day? If one serving per day starting by early November, I would need two orders, right?

I need to boost my energy for game day. Did anyone who used it for Oct. bring it as a drink to the test?

Postby 062914123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

bee wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:For Synchro, would one order suffice ? How often to take before game day? If one serving per day starting by early November, I would need two orders, right?

I need to boost my energy for game day. Did anyone who used it for Oct. bring it as a drink to the test?

i didnt even use up my first packet before oct. i use 3 tbsp per serving, and only use it on the days i pt, so i dont get hungry and stay sharp.

i drank it the morning of the test, and didnt have a problem with energy/hunger during.

Great bee. Thanks!

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:47 pm

bbkk wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:
Bajam wrote:For anyone looking for the synchro site, http://besynchro.com/pages/genesis.

Was wondering if anyone knows if that's the only place you can get it? Was hoping for amazon to maybe make it a bit cheaper, but searching on amazon, I could only find yugioh cards....lol

Amazon sold out last week. It might be back soon, but with the TLS discount code, it's cheaper on the website!

Everybody is talking about the Trainer here, and now I'm tempted to buy it too. But is it still helpful at this point? I've done over 100 PTs now (including repeats) and I would assume I'm already familiar with the fundamentals.

Question for those of you who have studied intensively for the Oct test: Do you think the Trainer still helps at this point? Does it teach you new things/skills that you have not yet known?

BBKK, I do think it's worth it. I don't think it necessarily teaches new things and new skills, but it's a good short segue into drilling/PTing again after a break, and to me it was a confidence booster as well.

amdlv

Retaking for $ - When to apply?

Postby amdlv » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi everyone! Longtime lurker here; I'd love to get some feedback. I hope this is the right place to post :) I got 166 in Oct. That's good for the schools I'm aiming for (with a 3.2 GPA I'm not aiming too high lol), but hopefully with a retake I'll get a bit higher (PTs around 170 plus I was insanely sick on test day) and be able to up my scholarship offers. There's also the hope that I'll do wonderful and move my reach schools a little closer. But I'm completely lost on when to apply - do I apply now because I'll probably get accepted with 166 and then update LSAT (hopefully in time) for scholarship offers/negotiations? Or do I wait to apply in Jan? Also, if I'm already above the schools' median with 166 is it likely that I'll increase offers by enough to even justify retaking? Finally, for my reach schools, if I somehow manage to make a big increase, will applying in Jan still give me a shot or will that be too late? Sorry for so many questions; I'm obviously a bit lost and you guys seem to have a great handle on all of this :D

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:51 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:For Synchro, would one order suffice ? How often to take before game day? If one serving per day starting by early November, I would need two orders, right?

One order could suffice, but it's something that I personally take almost every day, so one bag lasts me 2-3 weeks. Since you can really get an awesome boost with half of the suggested serving, it makes Synchro last twice as long- so 24 uses. Depending on how often you use it, it could potentially last you until test day. But I would recommend two orders, because the wait between the time you finish your first bag and the time it takes for the next to be delivered is TORTURE. Plan ahead :D

I didn't bring it as a drink to the test, but I drank it before. You could probably do this if you mix it with water, but obviously I wouldn't recommend using milk that will be sitting in a warm room for a few hours.

I am staring at the checkout screen of synchro (not amazon). I hate when sites offer more (bulk)...because then I can never justify buying just one :oops: :(

115ish - 20% is still around 95. Dunno about shipping omg...stress haha...

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 pm

PourMeTea wrote:

One order could suffice, but it's something that I personally take almost every day, so one bag lasts me 2-3 weeks. Since you can really get an awesome boost with half of the suggested serving, it makes Synchro last twice as long- so 24 uses. Depending on how often you use it, it could potentially last you until test day. But I would recommend two orders, because the wait between the time you finish your first bag and the time it takes for the next to be delivered is TORTURE. Plan ahead :D

I didn't bring it as a drink to the test, but I drank it before. You could probably do this if you mix it with water, but obviously I wouldn't recommend using milk that will be sitting in a warm room for a few hours.

Thanks! Two it is then. Can't wait to try it.

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:54 pm

wtrc wrote:BBKK, I do think it's worth it. I don't think it necessarily teaches new things and new skills, but it's a good short segue into drilling/PTing again after a break, and to me it was a confidence booster as well.

dosto5 wrote:I just got it yesterday so I can't really say, but this is my last go at this thing, so anything I can get my hands on to supplement drills/PTs is worth it I think. At $40, and with its reputation, I think it's worth a shot. I have heard some people here say that the different approach helped them have a better grasp on their view of the test, but that might not apply to everyone.

Personally I'm more interested in it for RC. I'm not even touching the LG section and will probably just use LR to top off drills.

Thanks wtr and dosto, I think both of you are right. $40 probably is nothing compared to what I have put in till this point. I'm getting it! Where is the discount code again? :lol:

cheme2014

Postby cheme2014 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:54 pm

Bajam wrote:I am staring at the checkout screen of synchro (not amazon). I hate when sites offer more (bulk)...because then I can never justify buying just one :oops: :(

Haha yeah it's always hard for me to decide since I do want to buy in bulk for the value, but I don't want to have a bunch left over when the expiration date comes up :|

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 pm

bbkk wrote:
wtrc wrote:BBKK, I do think it's worth it. I don't think it necessarily teaches new things and new skills, but it's a good short segue into drilling/PTing again after a break, and to me it was a confidence booster as well.

dosto5 wrote:I just got it yesterday so I can't really say, but this is my last go at this thing, so anything I can get my hands on to supplement drills/PTs is worth it I think. At $40, and with its reputation, I think it's worth a shot. I have heard some people here say that the different approach helped them have a better grasp on their view of the test, but that might not apply to everyone.

Personally I'm more interested in it for RC. I'm not even touching the LG section and will probably just use LR to top off drills.

Thanks wtr and dosto, I think both of you are right. $40 probably is nothing compared to what I have put in till this point. I'm getting it! Where is the discount code again? :lol:

Code is TLS180

Postby 062914123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:57 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:57 pm

cheme2014 wrote:
Bajam wrote:I am staring at the checkout screen of synchro (not amazon). I hate when sites offer more (bulk)...because then I can never justify buying just one :oops: :(

Haha yeah it's always hard for me to decide since I do want to buy in bulk for the value, but I don't want to have a bunch left over when the expiration date comes up :|

Oh thats a good point...didn't even think about that. What's the expiration date on these powders for anyone that knows?

ETA:

Bee

Oops haha...my bad

cheme2014

Postby cheme2014 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Bajam wrote:Oh thats a good point...didn't even think about that. What's the expiration date on these powders for anyone that knows?

ETA:

Bee

Oops haha...my bad

The bag the was delivered a couple of weeks ago expires May 2014 I think. I'm sure most people go through it a lot faster than I will so that's more than enough time for them. One bag will probably last me a while, though, so I didn't want to just buy like 10 bags at once :P

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:03 pm

bee wrote:
Bajam wrote:
Code is TLS180

she means the trainer, not synchro

Hahaha maybe I should get on the Synchro bandwagon too!

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:04 pm

bbkk wrote:

For me, some of the LR mini-drills have completely clarified my issue with some questions. It also is more helpful (to me at least) in terms of viewing different question types. I studied with the PS Bibles, which I liked a lot, but think that seeing the test more holistically rather than trying to memorize each question type individually is helping me a lot. For the record I bought every single published PT and went through all but about 10 of them, so I definitely studied hard for October... the Trainer is teaching my to study a bit smarter IMO.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

cheme2014

Postby cheme2014 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:08 pm

PourMeTea wrote:10 bags you can definitely finish by May because you'll love the effects so much! I'm already on my 4th :oops:

I'm scared that I'll like it so much and end up going through multiple bags at the speed of light. Good bye, $$$$$ :|

I guess I can sacrifice some of my nail polish budget for this, since Synchro helps my LSAT skills more than nail polish does lol :mrgreen:

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:08 pm

PourMeTea wrote:10 bags you can definitely finish by May because you'll love the effects so much! I'm already on my 4th :oops:

Question-- I don't drink caffeine (seriously, not even sure how I got through October...) so I am interested/wary of energy boosting things... Can you tell me a little more about the effects, especially when you first started using it? Mostly concerned about being jittery/not sleeping since I haven't had stimulants in 10+ years...

Postby 062914123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 pm

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:14 pm

Omg. Amazon had some. Just ordered 2 for around 51 bucks. I had prime shipping so free 2 day beats 10 dollar shipping from the site even with TLS discount, I guess I will justify the higher cost on amazon with faster/free shipping.

I guess I will now be a Synchro user! (please help raise my lsat LOL).

Postby 062914123 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:15 pm

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:15 pm

bee wrote:
Bajam wrote:Omg. Amazon had some. Just ordered 2 for around 51 bucks. I had prime shipping so free 2 day beats 10 dollar shipping from the site even with TLS discount, I guess I will justify the higher cost on amazon with faster/free shipping.

welcome to the cult

Lol thanks, I hope to become better friends with you all now! (randomly makes me think of this being some membership fee hahaha....)

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:17 pm

Bajam wrote:
bee wrote:
Bajam wrote:Omg. Amazon had some. Just ordered 2 for around 51 bucks. I had prime shipping so free 2 day beats 10 dollar shipping from the site even with TLS discount, I guess I will justify the higher cost on amazon with faster/free shipping.

welcome to the cult

Lol thanks, I hope to become better friends with you all now! (randomly makes me think of this being some membership fee hahaha....)

lol :lol:

dosto

Postby dosto » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:21 pm

Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”