Post removed.

CookieDough

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby CookieDough » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:00 pm

tofuspeedstar wrote:
Otunga wrote:
Is that number including full PTs? I think 2 PTs a week sounds about right. Maybe 3 each in the last two weeks of November, then just 1 or 2 the week leading into test day.

I might join the PT57 brigade. When are you guys reviewing? My disclaimer is that I've seen the LG section 3 times, and I've never hit -0 on it. I've seen the other sections once. It's really about shaking the rust away at this stage.

Here's the schedule:

--LinkRemoved--

You kind of just organize the work yourself throughout the week to best fit around everything else. It includes taking PT 52-61, I'm sure you might be able to sub in like 64-70 there at the end?

That's a good point. I'd rather do the recent ones; would subbing them work or is the Trainer specific to those PTs? (My Trainer is supposed to be here sometime this afternoon...)

Postby 062914123 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tofuspeedstar

Postby tofuspeedstar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 pm

He recommends using the Trainer and PT 52-61 in unison... Because even the drilling and all that consists of using sections of exams from 52-61.

I'm sure at the end if you sub in 66-70 it wouldn't hurt. But, do it at your own risk! I'm gonna throw in 66,68,69,70 at the end.
Last edited by tofuspeedstar on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm

bee wrote:QUICK POLL: what score are you guys (realistically) hoping for in dec, now that you know what to expect from the lsat?

me: if i scored 3 or more points for 173+, i'd be deliriously happy

You know what? I'm not going to shoot for a 170. 175+ I know I can do it, and the more I try to talk myself into accepting a lower score, the lower my score will be. I'm going to drill like crazy, and it's going to happen!

I hope

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:05 pm

tofuspeedstar wrote:He recommends using the Trainer and PT 52-61 in unison... Because even the drilling and all that consists of using sections of exams from 52-61.

I'm sure at the end if you sub in 66-70 it wouldn't hurt. But, do it at your own risk! I'm gonna throw in 66,68,69,70 at the end.

I'll stick to the schedule, but maybe add in 66-70 when I have some time -- ha, time! I wonder when I'll have some of that again??

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:16 pm

tofuspeedstar wrote:
Otunga wrote:
Is that number including full PTs? I think 2 PTs a week sounds about right. Maybe 3 each in the last two weeks of November, then just 1 or 2 the week leading into test day.

I might join the PT57 brigade. When are you guys reviewing? My disclaimer is that I've seen the LG section 3 times, and I've never hit -0 on it. I've seen the other sections once. It's really about shaking the rust away at this stage.

Here's the schedule:

--LinkRemoved--

You kind of just organize the work yourself throughout the week to best fit around everything else. It includes taking PT 52-61, I'm sure you might be able to sub in like 64-70 there at the end?

I've just hammered the 60s stuff so much due to retaking some of them AND drilling individual sections leading up to test day. 70's probably the best test I can take, and as I said at some point earlier, I have a couple fresh 40s ones too.

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Otunga wrote:
tofuspeedstar wrote:
Otunga wrote:

Here's the schedule:

--LinkRemoved--

I've just hammered the 60s stuff so much due to retaking some of them AND drilling individual sections leading up to test day. 70's probably the best test I can take, and as I said at some point earlier, I have a couple fresh 40s ones too.

What about 1-39? I'm using those for my LR and RC drills. Won't be touching LG much unless it's for PT.

tofuspeedstar

Postby tofuspeedstar » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Otunga wrote:
tofuspeedstar wrote:
Otunga wrote:

Here's the schedule:

--LinkRemoved--

Might want to PM him on here and see what he says about subbing other exams.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 pm

AAJD2B wrote:
Otunga wrote:
tofuspeedstar wrote:
Otunga wrote:

Here's the schedule:

--LinkRemoved--

What about 1-39? I'm using those for my LR and RC drills. Won't be touching LG much unless it's for PT.

I drilled much of the LR and LG packets, while I have a fair amount of fresh RC sections. At least this stuff should be more fresh than 50s/60s due to not seeing it since July, I think. I'm probably just gonna use this old stuff for drilling and experimentals though.

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 pm

PrizeFighter wrote:
bee wrote:the only thing keeping me going right now is imagining how many doors 5 extra points is gonna open for me.

So much this.

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 pm

bee wrote:QUICK POLL: what score are you guys (realistically) hoping for in dec, now that you know what to expect from the lsat?

me: if i scored 3 or more points for 173+, i'd be deliriously happy

Scored 170 in Oct really hoping for at least 173 in Dec. still, even a one-point improvement would be worth the retake.

esrom55

Postby esrom55 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi all. Checking in for December as well.

Scored a 160, which was about 8 points below my PT averages. Apparently the nerves/fatigue/Voodoo LSAT Boogeyman jumped me on test day as well.

I've ordered the LSAT trainer and book of PT 52-61 to use for the 4 week LSAT study schedule.

Was really hoping to do well enough in Oct for two major reasons: 1) spending time studying for the LSAT is time I can't spend finishing writing the last 2 chapters of my dissertation and 2) the baby we're adopting is due Dec 12 -- here's hoping she stays in until at least the 7th!

action90

Postby action90 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:23 pm

chizzy wrote:just got my lsat trainer in the mail! :)

still waiting, damn amazon :(

action90

Postby action90 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:25 pm

CookieDough wrote:
tofuspeedstar wrote:He recommends using the Trainer and PT 52-61 in unison... Because even the drilling and all that consists of using sections of exams from 52-61.

I'll stick to the schedule, but maybe add in 66-70 when I have some time -- ha, time! I wonder when I'll have some of that again??

gonna stick to his schedule and try to add in 66-70 as well. Need to get a little more consistently better on RC and be able to finish all LR and hopefully ill be good.

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:26 pm

How do you guys go about reviewing your missed answers in drills? When I have the correct answer, I usually find that I missed a key word in an answer choice or I didn't consider the answer choices equally and picked a wrong but good looking answer. Or in LG, I simply did my hypotheticals wrong.

While I can commit to focus more on language, and do better plug and chug on LG, that isn't really a quantitative way to improve and I find that I keep missing a couple answers not because I didn't get the question, but because I read wrong.

Is there anything different that I can do in review to stop making the same mistakes?

cheme2014

Postby cheme2014 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 pm

action90 wrote:

I had to wait forever for mine to come and it was super frustrating. :evil: I hope you get yours soon!

action90

Postby action90 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 pm

cheme2014 wrote:
action90 wrote:

I had to wait forever for mine to come and it was super frustrating. :evil: I hope you get yours soon!

Can you quantify "forever?" Like, should I cancel and order from B&N or eBay?

foundingfather

Postby foundingfather » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello fellow Dec re-takers.

My LSAT score is in the right in the median for the school I want to go to... Should I apply and let them know I will be retaking for merit scholarship purposes? Or do law schools hold off on reviewing your entire application until getting your next score?

The law school I'm going for stresses early applications for the greatest chance at scholarship. I'm kind of facing a catch22 here

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 pm

foundingfather wrote:Hello fellow Dec re-takers.

My LSAT score is in the right in the median for the school I want to go to... Should I apply and let them know I will be retaking for merit scholarship purposes? Or do law schools hold off on reviewing your entire application until getting your next score?

The law school I'm going for stresses early applications for the greatest chance at scholarship. I'm kind of facing a catch22 here

It is sort of a catch22. You can retake for the extra points but there's the risk you get the same or go down. Worst case though, what could you lose in scholarships from applying in Jan? Based on pure speculation, I'd say something like $5000-10000. Can anybody speak to this?

cheme2014

Postby cheme2014 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm

action90 wrote:
cheme2014 wrote:
action90 wrote:

It took like a week and a half to ship, which was really weird, and it took about a week to be delivered. I guess it could be worse, but (1) I usually get my Amazon orders within a week (regular shipping), and (2) I'm really impatient. :oops:

I don't have much experience with ordering stuff on B&N or eBay, though, so I'm not sure which would be better. Sorry! :|

foundingfather

Postby foundingfather » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Otunga wrote:

It is sort of a catch22. You can retake for the extra points but there's the risk you get the same or go down. Worst case though, what could you lose in scholarships from applying in Jan? Based on pure speculation, I'd say something like $5000-10000. Can anybody speak to this?

I have no idea. Is there any other way to figure this out besides contacting the admissions office? I've already emailed them about this before I took my LSAT and never got a reply... Maybe I should try contacting them again through my work email (I work at a firm) vs my plebeian uni email. If this even makes a difference

action90

Postby action90 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:10 pm

cheme2014 wrote:
action90 wrote:
cheme2014 wrote:
action90 wrote:just got my lsat trainer in the mail! :)

It took like a week and a half to ship, which was really weird, and it took about a week to be delivered. I guess it could be worse, but (1) I usually get my Amazon orders within a week (regular shipping), and (2) I'm really impatient. :oops:

I don't have much experience with ordering stuff on B&N or eBay, though, so I'm not sure which would be better. Sorry! :|[/quote]

Yeah, Amazon orders usually arrives at my house within a week with regular shipping. Thought it was weird that they hadnt shipped yet considering I ordered two days ago. About to cancel and order from B&N with expedited. Thanks for the heads up

dosto

Postby dosto » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:20 pm

foundingfather wrote:
Otunga wrote:

I have no idea. Is there any other way to figure this out besides contacting the admissions office? I've already emailed them about this before I took my LSAT and never got a reply... Maybe I should try contacting them again through my work email (I work at a firm) vs my plebeian uni email. If this even makes a difference

Worth trying. Report back if you find out anything. I've gone through the different application submission times on LSN with the same stats and didn't see much noticeable difference, though scholarship money is a vague thing on LSN if you're not looking at the individual profiles.

mellow

Postby mellow » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:26 pm

dosto5 wrote:Trainer just arrived via Amazon Prime free trial or whatever. Was not aware this thing was so massive.

Just got mine too an hour ago. Going to have to rethink my study schedule considering how much I underestimated this book's length eek haha

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”