Post removed.

bombaysippin

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby bombaysippin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 pm

bbkk wrote:LAST WEEK GUYS....

Good luck!

Will need it...

Dunno why but I started to take a PT today and just after one section I was like nope and just stopped.

ljoandc

Postby ljoandc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:57 pm

Bajam wrote:

Good luck!

Will need it...

Dunno why but I started to take a PT today and just after one section I was like nope and just stopped.

That was me yesterday morning. Well, then again, it was Thanksgiving. Haha.

Right now, I'm torn between thinking "OMG IT'S THE LAST WEEK" and "OMG I JUST WANT TO GET IT DONE ALREADY."

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Just feeling burnt out lately, and starting not to give a fuck. Damn the decentish but underperforming score that I can still get manageable outcomes with.

LR has been clobbering me, at least the LR between the 40s and prior to 52. And since LR was where 9 of my misses came from in Oct, it's discouraging. I've been doing good on the L4 Cambridge packets and on retakes of 52-70 tests though. I have difficulty making sense of it.

ljoandc

Postby ljoandc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:29 pm

ljoandc wrote:Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Quick question- I know we're a week away but what do people think of Manhattan RC? I've read the Trainer and a few other books and blogs and it's been pretty useful. Is Manhattan RC worth the buy just for a quick read to see if it'll help for some perspective on RC?

I go anywhere from -1 to -4 on RC and it's a bit frustrating since it's the only section right now giving me that range. -____-

Just want to repeat my question! I'm considering grabbing it from Barnes & Noble real quickly today. Is it worth the buy?

Just as an add - I already generally have been reading for structure. The questions I've gotten wrong have been ~MBT type questions.

CookieDough

Postby CookieDough » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:13 pm

ljoandc wrote:
Bajam wrote:

Good luck!

Will need it...

Right now, I'm torn between thinking "OMG IT'S THE LAST WEEK" and "OMG I JUST WANT TO GET IT DONE ALREADY."

This. Times a million. I'm half in total panic and half thinking "tomorrow would be great kthx"

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:15 pm

ljoandc wrote:

Quick question- I know we're a week away but what do people think of Manhattan RC? I've read the Trainer and a few other books and blogs and it's been pretty useful. Is Manhattan RC worth the buy just for a quick read to see if it'll help for some perspective on RC?

I go anywhere from -1 to -4 on RC and it's a bit frustrating since it's the only section right now giving me that range. -____-

Just want to repeat my question! I'm considering grabbing it from Barnes & Noble real quickly today. Is it worth the buy?

Just as an add - I already generally have been reading for structure. The questions I've gotten wrong have been ~MBT type questions.

If you're getting inference questions wrong, then it's probably more worthwhile for you to drill MBT questions from the Cambridge packets. But also, focus on why you're getting these wrong. Are you not linking things up right in the passage? Or is it more a matter of you falling for the trap answer choices that go a little too far with their logic?

Edit - I think you mean MSS questions, since there are rarely, if ever, MBT questions in RC. The same applies though; just replacing MBT with MSS, though MBT could help too.

ljoandc

Postby ljoandc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Otunga wrote:
ljoandc wrote:

If you're getting inference questions wrong, then it's probably more worthwhile for you to drill MBT questions from the Cambridge packets. But also, focus on why you're getting these wrong. Are you not linking things up right in the passage? Or is it more a matter of you falling for the trap answer choices that go a little too far with their logic?

Edit - I think you mean MSS questions, since there are rarely, if ever, MBT questions in RC. The same applies though; just replacing MBT with MSS, though MBT could help too.

Haha yeah that's what I meant.
And for RC - I think it's trap answer choices. I can always get the answers choices down to two main contenders, with one being the correct answer choice and the one looking more like a trap.. and then I've picked the trap choices. -___-

So drilling > getting a whole new book?
Last edited by ljoandc on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:28 pm

ljoandc wrote:

I really liked Manhattan. It's a quick read. I'm probably re-reading it this week sometime.
I get a lot of MBT questions wrong, too. In my case I forget to fact-check each answer. Are you eliminating first, or searching for a right answer? Manhattan recommends you eliminate first . The thing about RC I always forget in the moment is that all the questions are provable by the passage.

ljoandc

Postby ljoandc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:34 pm

wealtheow wrote:
ljoandc wrote:

I really liked Manhattan. It's a quick read. I'm probably re-reading it this week sometime.
I get a lot of MBT questions wrong, too. In my case I forget to fact-check each answer. Are you eliminating first, or searching for a right answer? Manhattan recommends you eliminate first . The thing about RC I always forget in the moment is that all the questions are provable by the passage.

Ooo that last sentence. Thank you for reminding me. And yes I eliminate first. I forget to fact-check answers, too. If Manhattan is a quick read - then it wouldn't hurt to look at it yeah? If anything it would probably just reinforce what I already know?

blackbirdfly

Postby blackbirdfly » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:02 pm

PT 63 Retake, LR 1: -0, LG: -0, LR 2: -1, RC: -0. It's a retake, but it's my first 180, so I'll take it! Confidence = restored.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:06 pm

ljoandc wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
ljoandc wrote:

Ooo that last sentence. Thank you for reminding me. And yes I eliminate first. I forget to fact-check answers, too. If Manhattan is a quick read - then it wouldn't hurt to look at it yeah? If anything it would probably just reinforce what I already know?

Manhattan goes very quick and it wouldn't hurt. You said you already read for structure so much of it won't be anything new to you. That said, they do go over in-depth ways of eliminating wrong choices in RC, so that could be very helpful for you.

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:24 pm

^ what otunga said. you could easily get through this weekend.

ljoandc

Postby ljoandc » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:28 pm

wealtheow wrote:^ what otunga said. you could easily get through this weekend.

Awesome possum. Just got it now. :)

kobe1020

Postby kobe1020 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:59 pm

ljoandc wrote:
Bajam wrote:

Good luck!

Will need it...

Can't agree more..hate how close this December LSAT is to the holidays...can't hear a thing from the street..i'm telling myself you shouldn't study at all..

unable to focus now...

Postby 062914123 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kobe1020

Postby kobe1020 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:50 pm

bee wrote:felt soooo lazy this morning, didnt get out of bed til almost noon so i pushed my pt back until tmrw. gonna try and drill 16 games before i have to go to thanksgiving round 2 tonight.

blackbirdfly wrote:PT 63 Retake, LR 1: -0, LG: -0, LR 2: -1, RC: -0. It's a retake, but it's my first 180, so I'll take it! Confidence = restored.

congrats! loads of people itt are peaking at the best possible time :D

i, on the other hand, actually have LOWER pt scores than i did at this time before oct lol :cry:

by lower pt scores you did you mean 179? :P

Fianna13

Postby Fianna13 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Taking today off, possibly tomorrow, besides drilling a few games. I really don't want to get burned out or get sick at this point. AND Bee, seems like our study plan is going well, LOL.

Postby 062914123 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fianna13

Postby Fianna13 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:39 pm

bbkk wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:PT 63 yesterday with 60 LG as experimental.
LR -0, RC -0, LG - 0 on both.

OMG, FIRST 180! I'm so excited. but I doubt this weekend will be productive :/

Congrats on the 180!!! Perfect time to have it. :lol:

I did 63 yesterday as well but ended up missing 3 on games.. :evil: It was easy and I auto-piloted. Finished in 25 and decided (stupidly) not to double check.

I thought the RC was pretty tough on this PT. I REALLY hate the fiction/novel one. Sea Otter and seafloor spreading aren't easy either. :(

I really didn't like the sea floor one. Anything geology related is the bane of my interest in science passages. That's some speed for games :D

bee wrote:
kobe1020 wrote:
bee wrote:felt soooo lazy this morning, didnt get out of bed til almost noon so i pushed my pt back until tmrw. gonna try and drill 16 games before i have to go to thanksgiving round 2 tonight.

blackbirdfly wrote:PT 63 Retake, LR 1: -0, LG: -0, LR 2: -1, RC: -0. It's a retake, but it's my first 180, so I'll take it! Confidence = restored.

congrats! loads of people itt are peaking at the best possible time :D

i, on the other hand, actually have LOWER pt scores than i did at this time before oct lol :cry:

by lower pt scores you did you mean 179? :P

lol :oops: :oops: i have a range this time, whereas at this time before oct i basically only scored 179/180

Fianna13 wrote:Taking today off, possibly tomorrow, besides drilling a few games. I really don't want to get burned out or get sick at this point. AND Bee, seems like our study plan is going well, LOL.

:lol:

I CANT WAIT UNTIL THIS IS OVER.

Until then, LSAT > Social lyfe, and everything else. :|

dosto

Postby dosto » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 062914123 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fianna13

Postby Fianna13 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 pm

We'll probably have an easy linear game, a basic grouping game, a very open grouping game ( takes the most time), then a stacked linear game.

Postby 062914123 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 pm

dosto

Postby dosto » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby 062914123 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:56 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”