Post removed.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:34 am

He said though this was the difficult in the group, it was relatively easy cause this LG was in all pretty easy.

I ran through all 4 LG after I got my horrible score back, and pretty easily went -1 on a dumb mistake. I think my problem on test day was like wait...shit how do I daigram this, there's time, and grouping, and shit shit shit what do I do. MOVE ONTO QUESTIONS! Totally screwed myself. When I freak out now, I just try and think of JY's voice on 7sage making his inferences and try to stay calm lol

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:59 am

dosto wrote:
That it (and the entire set) was not difficult.






Does he say the same about 69?

Do we really think we're getting 3 consecutive straightforward sections? I ask this as someone who has never gotten better than -2 on 57 LG despite doing it like 5 times.

Thorcogan
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Thorcogan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Otunga wrote:
dosto wrote:
That it (and the entire set) was not difficult.






Does he say the same about 69?

Do we really think we're getting 3 consecutive straightforward sections? I ask this as someone who has never gotten better than -2 on 57 LG despite doing it like 5 times.


Is it possible for us to get a harder than normal LR, RC, and LG? Something has to be easier I assume (though that's a temporal fallacy haha)

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:01 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby blackbirdfly » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:09 pm

I took PT 62 this morning and I had serious timing issues. I didn't hadn't even gotten to the fourth passage and fourth game by the five minute marks. This week will be a week of timed sections for me.

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby OVOXO » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:24 pm

PT 58 this morning

LR1 − 1 [Q13]
RC −4 [Qs 8, 13, 14, 27]
LG −0
LR2 −3 [Q7, Q16, Q23]
LG37X −1

93, 172

I usually do much better on RC and I think because this was my first PT in the morning, reading 4 dense passages at 9 am felt unusual. LR still needs to get down to −0/-1 per. Any comments on this PT def welcome.

User avatar
lsatyolo
Posts: 1825
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby lsatyolo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:58 pm

7sage proctor app has crapped out on me during my last 2 PT's (today it just quit itself during the break, thank god). Anyone else experience this? It may or may have not caused me to completely bomb the fourth section of PT 51 (LR2). I found myself in deep paranoia during the section and kept checking to make sure it was running. Pretty frustrating. Before the update I never had any problems with it.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby bombaysippin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Idk if anyone else uses it, but I use something called Simugator or it might be LSAT Proctor Simugator for my iphone. I think I actually may have paid for it, but it was cheap. It goes through everything with directions, full sections, 10 minute break, etc. Has two different playthroughs of with distractions and without.

User avatar
Gamine
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Gamine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:52 pm

lsatyolo wrote:7sage proctor app has crapped out on me during my last 2 PT's (today it just quit itself during the break, thank god). Anyone else experience this? It may or may have not caused me to completely bomb the fourth section of PT 51 (LR2). I found myself in deep paranoia during the section and kept checking to make sure it was running. Pretty frustrating. Before the update I never had any problems with it.



I've been having the exact same problem lately. At first I thought my iPad was playing up but I'm now convinced it's the app

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:08 pm

LG kicked my ass today. I used PT27 LG as exp and lizards/snakes deflated my confidence. I essentially brute forced every game after that. It's not that I hadn't seen it before....saw it a few times in July drilling Cambridge. I didn't finish either section on time, and had to omit 3 on the one that counted (60 LG). There was something psychological going on because I've aced 60 LG before when taking it as a PT. To go from that to -4 with 3 omits is frustrating. I wasn't even linking up rules properly....it felt like it could've been test day (that's what I like about taking PTs at the library in the solitary confinement-ish room as opposed to cafes). Otherwise, I got -1 on RC and LR combined. As usual, I mixed up the order of the sections, again doing RC last and again feeling fatigued while doing it.

User avatar
cheme2014
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby cheme2014 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:42 pm

I had to deal with a family emergency/work and couldn't do any LSAT stuff the last two weeks, and then I saw the "3 wks left omg" posts :shock: :cry:
Image

Hope y'all have been making better progress!

ljoandc
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby ljoandc » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:46 pm

How are you all doing in terms of stamina on PT'ing in the morning? Any tips?

I wake up around the same time every morning - been adjusting to a normal morning routine for a couple of weeks. Still, it's a bit difficult getting pumped up and energized for morning PT's. Part of this might be the fact that I just recently replaced coffee with black tea this past week, so hopefully it gets better in the next week.

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby bombaysippin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:03 pm

ljoandc wrote:How are you all doing in terms of stamina on PT'ing in the morning? Any tips?

I wake up around the same time every morning - been adjusting to a normal morning routine for a couple of weeks. Still, it's a bit difficult getting pumped up and energized for morning PT's. Part of this might be the fact that I just recently replaced coffee with black tea this past week, so hopefully it gets better in the next week.


It sucks. I find my mind wandering a lot, which is definitely not a good thing. Doing PTs at 9:00, but I just don't feel the fire I used to have. I waste even more time by telling myself while taking the exam that I have to take it seriously. Don't feel like I can take any days off because it's so close to December, but I think it's just slow burning out that's resulted over the course of this entire year.

Thorcogan
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Thorcogan » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Bajam wrote:
ljoandc wrote:How are you all doing in terms of stamina on PT'ing in the morning? Any tips?

I wake up around the same time every morning - been adjusting to a normal morning routine for a couple of weeks. Still, it's a bit difficult getting pumped up and energized for morning PT's. Part of this might be the fact that I just recently replaced coffee with black tea this past week, so hopefully it gets better in the next week.


It sucks. I find my mind wandering a lot, which is definitely not a good thing. Doing PTs at 9:00, but I just don't feel the fire I used to have. I waste even more time by telling myself while taking the exam that I have to take it seriously. Don't feel like I can take any days off because it's so close to December, but I think it's just slow burning out that's resulted over the course of this entire year.


I've read studies that say ur mind takes 2 hours to wake up fully (without stimulants) try getting to bed earlier, waking up at 7, and then starting the test at 9. Theoretically there should be no difference in ur mental acuity at that point than if u took the test at noon.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:48 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Thorcogan wrote:
Bajam wrote:
ljoandc wrote:How are you all doing in terms of stamina on PT'ing in the morning? Any tips?

I wake up around the same time every morning - been adjusting to a normal morning routine for a couple of weeks. Still, it's a bit difficult getting pumped up and energized for morning PT's. Part of this might be the fact that I just recently replaced coffee with black tea this past week, so hopefully it gets better in the next week.


It sucks. I find my mind wandering a lot, which is definitely not a good thing. Doing PTs at 9:00, but I just don't feel the fire I used to have. I waste even more time by telling myself while taking the exam that I have to take it seriously. Don't feel like I can take any days off because it's so close to December, but I think it's just slow burning out that's resulted over the course of this entire year.


I've read studies that say ur mind takes 2 hours to wake up fully (without stimulants) try getting to bed earlier, waking up at 7, and then starting the test at 9. Theoretically there should be no difference in ur mental acuity at that point than if u took the test at noon.


I whole heartedly agree with this statement.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:27 am

.
Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:47 am

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby vicpin5190 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Setting a goal of 6 off total today for PT 67. Wish me luck ya'll.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:05 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby OVOXO » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:42 pm

can someone post an explanation for PT 36-S3-Q18? thanks!

blackbirdfly
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby blackbirdfly » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:49 pm

OVOXO - Have you checked the Manhattan Forums for an explanation?



And I can't afford to think about a February retake. These next three weeks are going to be intense.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:52 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dasani13 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Do you guys know if schools can see that you didn't show up to a scheduled test? And does a no-show count as your 3 takes/year? In other words, if I'm freaking out because I don't feel ready for December, should I change it to February (today is the last day) or should I continue and see if my score will somehow go from low 160s (current average) to high 160s on December?

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:07 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw and 3 guests