Post removed.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:16 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:21 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:24 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby neprep » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:25 pm

dosto5 wrote:
bee wrote:
dosto5 wrote:
angels2fly wrote:Tea I noticed you mentioned the India tests earlier, are they predictive PTs or just good for drills?


I plan on doing all 4 of them as full PTs. Anybody want to coordinate test dates/review dates for these? It's early, but then again not that early.

I'm out of fresh PTs so these should serve some purpose in that sense.

I'm thinking about taking the India tests because I've done at least one section from every PT from 50-70, but I dunno... maybe it would just be better to redo the modern tests I've barely touched (so mid 50s and mid 60s).



Why not both? 3-4 extra PTs isn't much. India PT1 sometime this week?


India PT1 is just the June 2007 exam, so I'd do 2-4.

PT2 is North America's Feb. 2003 exam.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:26 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby wtrc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:39 pm

bee wrote:
dosto5 wrote:
bee wrote:haha i was planning to take max 10-11 PTs and spend the rest of my time drilling, in order to pace myself properly


I am actually also trying to balance drills and PTs. Started drilling LG this morning and I was actually quite rusty.

i just feel like PTing isnt going to help me at this point. im comfortable with timing, stamina, lr/rc... i just need to kill lg. so for me, i think it would be vastly more effective to just concentrate on going through velocity and doing as many games as i can, with 2/week PTs to keep my lr/rc fresh.


...but yeah i did go -3 lr yesterday which scared the bejesus out of me so i might consider upping my PT sched to 3/week like i was doing pre-oct


You are like exactly where I was post-June.

Concentrate on LG til you are sure you can/will kill it.

But be careful with endurance. I think my -5 in my final section was a direct result of just losing endurance at the end.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby neprep » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 pm

dosto5 wrote:
bee wrote:
dosto5 wrote:
bee wrote:haha i was planning to take max 10-11 PTs and spend the rest of my time drilling, in order to pace myself properly


I am actually also trying to balance drills and PTs. Started drilling LG this morning and I was actually quite rusty.

i just feel like PTing isnt going to help me at this point. im comfortable with timing, stamina, lr/rc... i just need to kill lg. so for me, i think it would be vastly more effective to just concentrate on going through velocity and doing as many games as i can, with 2/week PTs to keep my lr/rc fresh.


...but yeah i did go -3 lr yesterday which scared the bejesus out of me so i might consider upping my PT sched to 3/week like i was doing pre-oct


Well that was your first PT in a month so I don't think you should overthink the -3. I think 3 PTs per week is a good balance though; I'm planning on doing 2 on weekends and one an a weeknight until test day. Rest is drilling/sections.

I think you could probably up it to 3/week and still have plenty of time for LG.


Dosto won't let Bee chill about her prep at all, haha. Good for you, Bee :D

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:43 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby wtrc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 pm

PourMeTea wrote:I'm getting complacent. At this point I honestly think it's the most helpful for me to listen to the proctor app on repeat.


You should turn it into a mixtape, played really fast, and in rap form.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby wtrc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:47 pm

wtrc wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:I'm getting complacent. At this point I honestly think it's the most helpful for me to listen to the proctor app on repeat.


You should turn it into a mixtape, played really fast, and in rap form.


Welcome to this administration of the L S A T
You are taking this test along with Bee
After paying the $165 required fee

You may only use number two pencils on this test
Mirado Black Warriors are the best
You probably think I'm saying this in jest

k ill show myself out now thx

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby neprep » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm

wtrc wrote:
wtrc wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:I'm getting complacent. At this point I honestly think it's the most helpful for me to listen to the proctor app on repeat.


You should turn it into a mixtape, played really fast, and in rap form.


Welcome to this administration of the L S A T
You are taking this test along with Bee
After paying the $165 required fee

You may only use number two pencils on this test
Mirado Black Warriors are the best
You probably think I'm saying this in jest

k ill show myself out now thx


This is. The best thing.
Last edited by neprep on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:04 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JWP1022
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby JWP1022 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:06 pm

PourMeTea wrote:What was actually good was the rap that is currently scribbled all over section 2 of PT 57. YOU CAN'T BATTLE w/ JWP.


Shots fired

My name ring in these streets, yo

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 pm

bee wrote:
dosto5 wrote:
angels2fly wrote:Tea I noticed you mentioned the India tests earlier, are they predictive PTs or just good for drills?


I plan on doing all 4 of them as full PTs. Anybody want to coordinate test dates/review dates for these? It's early, but then again not that early.

I'm out of fresh PTs so these should serve some purpose in that sense.

I'm thinking about taking the India tests because I've done at least one section from every PT from 50-70, but I dunno... maybe it would just be better to redo the modern tests I've barely touched (so mid 50s and mid 60s).


I'd say it's better to do the barely done recent tests. I'm surprised you didn't get to all of them before, actually. I probably was too much of a PT whore in August; taking PTs every other day almost.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby bbkk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Otunga wrote:
bee wrote:
dosto5 wrote:
angels2fly wrote:Tea I noticed you mentioned the India tests earlier, are they predictive PTs or just good for drills?


I plan on doing all 4 of them as full PTs. Anybody want to coordinate test dates/review dates for these? It's early, but then again not that early.

I'm out of fresh PTs so these should serve some purpose in that sense.

I'm thinking about taking the India tests because I've done at least one section from every PT from 50-70, but I dunno... maybe it would just be better to redo the modern tests I've barely touched (so mid 50s and mid 60s).


I'd say it's better to do the barely done recent tests. I'm surprised you didn't get to all of them before, actually. I probably was too much of a PT whore in August; taking PTs every other day almost.


+1. Imho it's better to do at least once of the recent tests, esp the 60s.

PourMeTea wrote:
dosto5 wrote:So does the proctor app actually do a decent job of recreating a test-day environment? I'll probably end up downloading it anyway but I'm curious to know if people are actually able to get into stress mode with it. Good news if yes.


Dosto, when I used it for 57, I felt that same initial panic set in, the way it did on test day. I definitely found it helpful, but it's also very easy for me to get into stress mode. Worth a shot, though.


Dosto, I've been using the 7sage proctor video before Oct and I got to use to it eventually and wouldn't be nervous anymore. Now i'm using the proctor app, and it allows me to set section length as 30 mins. Limited time def creates some anxiety.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby dosto » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, BOSStongrl, DumbHollywoodActor, poptart123, The_Pluviophile, tuesdayninja, WeightliftingThinker and 20 guests