Post removed.

goldenboy514

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 am

bee wrote:a tlser was nice enough to send me an unexpected copy of the trainer, so i guess im belatedly hopping on to the bandwagon. however, i havent really been following along with the discussion and idk whether or not to use it if i'm only weak with lg. do you guys think i should go over lr/rc strategy if i'm at where i want to be? i've heard the lg part of the trainer is meh.

as ive mentioned before, id skip over lg in trainer as a month to go is counterproductive

mellow

Postby mellow » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 am

Took my first PT since October's test.

PT40 with PT1 LR as Exp
LR (Ex): -2
LR: -0
LG: -0
LR: -1
RC: -1

Curve: -9, 99/101, 180

Put the exp first to ease me back into practice, but I'll be switching it up for future ones. Seems like taking a break really helped me - the only other 180 I got was PT62 a week before the test. :D

Now to replicate this in the morning ugh. Any recommendations for waking up/focusing in the morning? I'm seriously considering shifting my sleeping schedule so I'm going to sleep in the early afternoon and waking up at night so I'd be awake for the test. It literally takes me an hour in the morning just to get coherent. (Synchro?)
Last edited by mellow on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

santoki

Postby santoki » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 am

synchro has arrived in time for pt57...i was wondering how you guys have been taking it. i plan on just using it as i would normal whey protein and just dumping a scoop into my blender bottle and taking it with either water or milk.

just wondering what all of your methods are!

snagglepuss

Postby snagglepuss » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:52 am

santoki wrote:synchro has arrived in time for pt57...i was wondering how you guys have been taking it. i plan on just using it as i would normal whey protein and just dumping a scoop into my blender bottle and taking it with either water or milk.

I'd recommend mainlining it or using an enema, but you should probably wait for the power users to weigh in with better instructions

Postby 062914123 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:13 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldenboy514

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 am

So how is the pt 57 review going to work? Are you guys all pting 57 timed tonight/today, and reviewing tomorrow? Is one person leading the blackboard? Or are we having a full out TLS frenzy

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:00 am

Oops overslept... :oops: Off to do PT 57 now!

santoki

Postby santoki » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 am

bee wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:
santoki wrote:synchro has arrived in time for pt57...i was wondering how you guys have been taking it. i plan on just using it as i would normal whey protein and just dumping a scoop into my blender bottle and taking it with either water or milk.

I'd recommend mainlining it or using an enema, but you should probably wait for the power users to weigh in with better instructions

:lol:

santoki, i know tea combines hers with almond milk and maca (possibly other powders too, i lose track). a bunch of other people just combine theirs with milk/chocolate milk/etc. i personally put 3 tbsp in a blender along with one banana, whatever sort of milk i have on hand, and a spoonful of nutella. the smell of pure synchro still makes me vaguely nauseous, so blending it up with other ingredients has been good for me. it also keeps me a lot fuller for a lot longer this way (which is pretty helpful for those section 3 hunger pangs, tbqh).

thanks for the suggestions! i guess ill just have to just try different things and see what works for me.

goldenboy514

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 am

santoki wrote:
bee wrote:
snagglepuss wrote:

:lol:

santoki, i know tea combines hers with almond milk and maca (possibly other powders too, i lose track). a bunch of other people just combine theirs with milk/chocolate milk/etc. i personally put 3 tbsp in a blender along with one banana, whatever sort of milk i have on hand, and a spoonful of nutella. the smell of pure synchro still makes me vaguely nauseous, so blending it up with other ingredients has been good for me. it also keeps me a lot fuller for a lot longer this way (which is pretty helpful for those section 3 hunger pangs, tbqh).

thanks for the suggestions! i guess ill just have to just try different things and see what works for me.

the chocolatey taste is dfeinately weak. I have regular chocolate protein so i may go half a scoop of that with 2 tbsp synchro and reg milk and see how that is.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:37 am

melodygreenleaf wrote:Took my first PT since October's test.

PT40 with PT1 LR as Exp
LR (Ex): -2
LR: -0
LG: -0
LR: -1
RC: -1

Curve: -9, 99/101, 180

Put the exp first to ease me back into practice, but I'll be switching it up for future ones. Seems like taking a break really helped me - the only other 180 I got was PT62 a week before the test. :D

Now to replicate this in the morning ugh. Any recommendations for waking up/focusing in the morning? I'm seriously considering shifting my sleeping schedule so I'm going to sleep in the early afternoon and waking up at night so I'd be awake for the test. It literally takes me an hour in the morning just to get coherent. (Synchro?)

That's awesome, especially considering 40 has Zephyr.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Any strong recommendations for the 180 watches around? I took Oct with just a simple analog watch, and while there were no big timing issues, something more precise, like a 180 watch, might add some organization to the test taking process.

SkepticalAboutLaw

Postby SkepticalAboutLaw » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm

dosto5 wrote:
becs wrote:
bee wrote:a tlser was nice enough to send me an unexpected copy of the trainer, so i guess im belatedly hopping on to the bandwagon. however, i havent really been following along with the discussion and idk whether or not to use it if i'm only weak with lg. do you guys think i should go over lr/rc strategy if i'm at where i want to be? i've heard the lg part of the trainer is meh.

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with it. LR/RC is already your strength, why throw yourself off with something new? I'd just stick to LG. That's what I'm doing (but you know I just suck at LG sooo...)

I don't think I'd mix LG methods at this point, and from what I've heard the Trainer is not the LG solution.

So if the Trainer is not the LG solution, what is?

I can consistently go -0 with time to spare on LG on PTs up to about 50 or so. Then I start getting inconsistent. I suspect some of this comes from the fact that I used the LG Bible from 2007 to teach myself, so I only know how the Games work up to 2007 LSATs.

action90

Postby action90 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 pm

finally got the trainer. way thicker than I thought. Off to take PT52, mildly hungover and no minimal food in my system. Need more synchro

mellow

Postby mellow » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:39 pm

Otunga wrote:That's awesome, especially considering 40 has Zephyr.

I actually found Zephyr quite fun! It was different, but not scarily different. The second game (five of seven cold medications) actually took me much longer. Looking back, I definitely would have benefited from doing hypos at the start instead of thinking of each question separately, which is more in the style of the 60s games.

Otunga wrote:Any strong recommendations for the 180 watches around? I took Oct with just a simple analog watch, and while there were no big timing issues, something more precise, like a 180 watch, might add some organization to the test taking process.

I got one from here http://lsatwatch.webs.com/ and I love it. Having it broken down clearly into little sections makes it super easy to tell how your timing is going without having to figure out x minutes left. And you can have it customized to your exact timing needs. Only problem is that it does take a while to ship since it's handmade.

action90

Postby action90 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:46 pm

melodygreenleaf wrote:
Otunga wrote:That's awesome, especially considering 40 has Zephyr.

I actually found Zephyr quite fun! It was different, but not scarily different. The second game (five of seven cold medications) actually took me much longer. Looking back, I definitely would have benefited from doing hypos at the start instead of thinking of each question separately, which is more in the style of the 60s games.

Otunga wrote:Any strong recommendations for the 180 watches around? I took Oct with just a simple analog watch, and while there were no big timing issues, something more precise, like a 180 watch, might add some organization to the test taking process.

I got one from here http://lsatwatch.webs.com/ and I love it. Having it broken down clearly into little sections makes it super easy to tell how your timing is going without having to figure out x minutes left. And you can have it customized to your exact timing needs. Only problem is that it does take a while to ship since it's handmade.

I bought the 180 watch cause fuck it, whats $50 with the amount Ive spent for prep. works great, prolly gonna re sell on eBay after im done

dosto

Postby dosto » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Last edited by dosto on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mellow

Postby mellow » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:04 pm

dosto5 wrote:Use analog watch, reset minute hand to 12 after each section. Worked fine for me and didn't cost me $60.

The lsatwatch one was only $25 I believe. It was $10 more for the customization than if I had bought just the analog watch from amazon (which is what I had originally before I returned it). Definitely worth the $10 extra imo.

Just took synchro and wow it is filling. The cereal was a bad, bad idea. I feel like I just ate at an all you can eat kbbq; I'm struggling to breathe here haha

Postby 062914123 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retaking23

Postby retaking23 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Wat up peeps! Trainer and synchro were just delivered to my door! I may or may not be the reason it's out of stock on amazon :wink:

Quick question for all those who have used trainer successfully. How should i go about it? I know Mike has plans on his website but is it really best to follow whatever plan one chooses almost to a T? I would be using the four week plan but I'm wondering if it would be all right to do the entire thing in one to two weeks. Would it be unproductive? I would adjust to not PT as much whilst doing the plan since I'm focusing heavily on PTing anyways for this retake.

I just really want to shore up my RC and LR. Currently I'm averaging about -4 to -5 total in LR, -4 to -6 in RC, and -0 to -2 in LG. Any advice appreciated.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

cheme2014

Postby cheme2014 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:13 pm

retaking23 wrote:Wat up peeps! Trainer and synchro were just delivered to my door! I may or may not be the reason it's out of stock on amazon :wink:

Quick question for all those who have used trainer successfully. How should i go about it? I know Mike has plans on his website but is it really best to follow whatever plan one chooses almost to a T? I would be using the four week plan but I'm wondering if it would be all right to do the entire thing in one to two weeks. Would it be unproductive? I would adjust to not PT as much whilst doing the plan since I'm focusing heavily on PTing anyways for this retake.

I just really want to shore up my RC and LR. Currently I'm averaging about -4 to -5 total in LR, -4 to -6 in RC, and -0 to -2 in LG. Any advice appreciated.

You and I are in basically the same situation haha. Mike PMed a while back and said the schedule is "designed for someone studying for the first time -- considering that you are a retaker, I think it absolutely makes sense to adjust it as you'd like in order to take more pt's earlier."

In my case, I'm just going through the Trainer in a week or two and PTing heavily/drilling as I see fit. I'm sure you'll be able to figure out something that works for you :)

retaking23

Postby retaking23 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:16 pm

b. am i right?

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:46 pm

PT 57 With an Exp. LR from Powerscore

LG -0
LR (Exp) -5. Not happy about this. I knew it was experimental, so there was some lack of focus, but still.)
LR 1 -2
LR 2 -2
RC -0 (Really please with this RC has been a major area that I want to improve)

Curve: -10 97/101

Score : 177 (Synchro Genesis works guys :mrgreen: )

I have taken this before twice, but I didn't realize the first time , but there were only a couple questions that I remembered the answer, and even then I forced myself to eliminate all the other wrong choices and reason out why they were wrong.

Regardless, this is my highest PT ever and by seven points.

snagglepuss

Postby snagglepuss » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:00 pm

walket wrote:PT 57 With an Exp. LR from Powerscore

LG -0
LR (Exp) -5. Not happy about this. I knew it was experimental, so there was some lack of focus, but still.)
LR 1 -2
LR 2 -2

I have taken this before twice, but I didn't realize the first time , but there were only a couple questions that I remembered the answer, and even then I forced myself to eliminate all the other wrong choices and reason out why they were wrong.

Wow, incredible leap. Perhaps, you're having a major break through! What RC work have you been doing? Are you going through the trainer? And what is your strategy to get those last LR points?

retaking23

Postby retaking23 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:09 pm

walket wrote:PT 57 With an Exp. LR from Powerscore

LG -0
LR 1 -2
LR 2 -2

I approve your score and your avatar.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”