Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 28 times in total.

Gold

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Post by 062914123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

I will be retaking, but for schedule reasons I am attempting to decide if I want to target Dec or Feb.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Will be retaking unless lsac does something regarding the proctor not calling the 5min warning yesterday.

splitcity

New

Post by splitcity » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 pm

What's the highest score you guys are willing to retake?

I think mine would be 172

drawstring

Gold

Post by drawstring » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm

I will probably call it a day if I score 171 or higher. Below that and it will likely be a retake, though I'd have to think about it more if I scored a 170.

I'm aiming for H and Stan and I may be able to pull one of them off with a 170 due to my GPA. I'd really like to avoid a retake as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

civis

New

Post by civis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 am

Last edited by civis on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 am

I'm not sure the prep matters too much on our potential retakes. Now that we've taken the test for the first time (I think most of us are first-timers), just that consideration alone should allow us to better shake off the jitters and simply be better prepared for test day. If I have to retake, I think I'll implement 8 section double tests a fair amount, mainly because I've seen the modern material before and recently, as we all have, and maybe the fatigue of those would make the retakes - sometimes even the third takes - more representative.

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 am

Really hope I don't have to join here, but I think I will. Taking a few days off then back to studying.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 am

bee wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:HI BEE!

I was thinking about giving myself a break...but considering that I basically took all of last week off as well, I'm starting again tomorrow morning. With PT #1.

My morning routine has involved PTing/drilling for months, and I honestly think I'd miss it if I were to skip it. Or it could be Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not in LSAT mode.
OMG TOMORROW?! hahaha you are hardcore. i think i might work on my PS tomorrow, just in case i score well enough that i can send out my apps nov 1.

you know, i really kind of miss lsatting as well. i was so bored today that i literally called up a bunch of people and volunteered to cook them dinner. my life for the past month(s) has been work - lsat - sleep - lsat - work etc. i will probably crack by tuesday and start pting again :oops:
That IS really intense! Are none of you going to wait for your score before starting December prep? I guess I just feel guilty planning to take it easy until then. PMT, I missed the barrage of posts that ensued after the test because, well, I was taking my own test at the time, but what has you so convinced that you didn't do as well as you wanted? Also, if your problem was just nerves, how would looking at super old material like 1-20 help, since there's noting left for you to *learn*, per se?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 am

neprep wrote:
bee wrote:

I was thinking about giving myself a break...but considering that I basically took all of last week off as well, I'm starting again tomorrow morning. With PT #1.

My morning routine has involved PTing/drilling for months, and I honestly think I'd miss it if I were to skip it. Or it could be Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not in LSAT mode.
OMG TOMORROW?! hahaha you are hardcore. i think i might work on my PS tomorrow, just in case i score well enough that i can send out my apps nov 1.

you know, i really kind of miss lsatting as well. i was so bored today that i literally called up a bunch of people and volunteered to cook them dinner. my life for the past month(s) has been work - lsat - sleep - lsat - work etc. i will probably crack by tuesday and start pting again :oops:
That IS really intense! Are none of you going to wait for your score before starting December prep? I guess I just feel guilty planning to take it easy until then. PMT, I missed the barrage of posts that ensued after the test because, well, I was taking my own test at the time, but what has you so convinced that you didn't do as well as you wanted? Also, if your problem was just nerves, how would looking at super old material like 1-20 help, since there's noting left for you to *learn*, per se?
Nep did u have the same test ? And how do u think u did?

Marshmallow

Bronze

Post by Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:17 am

civis wrote:Checking in. Honestly no idea where I landed so I'm gearing up for December just in case.

Going to take the next week off for sure. Not sure where to head next. I'm thinking about picking up the LSAT Trainer for a fresh look at LR and RC. Any re-takers find it useful?
civis, I used the Trainer to prep for Oct., which was my second crack at the LSAT. I'd previously done all of Manhattan, and the LR and LG bibles. The Trainer really brought everything together for me, especially my RC, which was extremely inconsistent before that. As a retaker, I can also definitely say that it's really useful to take the test a second time at the same test center because you know the ins and outs of how the test is administered at that center, which can seriously calm the nerves the next time around. I walked into the test a few days ago much calmer and just ready to kill it.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:20 am

Marshmallow wrote:
civis wrote:Checking in. Honestly no idea where I landed so I'm gearing up for December just in case.

Going to take the next week off for sure. Not sure where to head next. I'm thinking about picking up the LSAT Trainer for a fresh look at LR and RC. Any re-takers find it useful?
civis, I used the Trainer to prep for Oct., which was my second crack at the LSAT. I'd previously done all of Manhattan, and the LR and LG bibles. The Trainer really brought everything together for me, especially my RC, which was extremely inconsistent before that. As a retaker, I can also definitely say that it's really useful to take the test a second time at the same test center because you know the ins and outs of how the test is administered at that center, which can seriously calm the nerves the next time around. I walked into the test a few days ago much calmer and just ready to kill it.
Is it an exception if the desks are those auditorium-style desks with hardly any room? This is for sure what goes on at the test center I just took it at, assuming it's in the same place (the big auditorium). Didn't like this setup at all - had to keep LR and RC in my lap partly.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am

jk148706 wrote:
neprep wrote:
bee wrote:

Nep did u have the same test ? And how do u think u did?
Nope, I took it in Asia. I thought LG was definitely on the tougher side; I had two guess on 2 questions and make educated bets on 2 others. But LR and RC both seemed to go by pretty well. At this point, I guess the score depends on 1) how poorly LG actually went (I wasn't too devastated after the section; just not feeling it) 2. how well LR and RC actually went and 3) the curve. I know this is basically what every tests depends on, haha. But I'm hoping 2 and 3 are in my favor and I won't have to retake :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:40 am

Last edited by JustHawkin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marshmallow

Bronze

Post by Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:41 am

Otunga wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:

Is it an exception if the desks are those auditorium-style desks with hardly any room? This is for sure what goes on at the test center I just took it at, assuming it's in the same place (the big auditorium). Didn't like this setup at all - had to keep LR and RC in my lap partly.
yeah, I guess I was assuming your first experience was somewhat okay. I would definitely look at another test center if I were you.

civis

New

Post by civis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:43 am

Last edited by civis on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Marshmallow

Bronze

Post by Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am

civis wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts. I went with BP the first round and I think it gave me a really good base (had some good PTs in the high 170s). I think I could use a fresh take on RC and parts of LR so it sounds like it would be a good investment.

I'm planning on taking in the same spot. I had take a PT there the week before but I ended up in a different classroom with much smaller desks. Kind of drove me crazy.
I'm actually thinking about diving into BP for Dec., maybe for the same reasons you're looking at the Trainer- just to keep fresh and get a new perspective... Not really sure what BP offers or the best way to utilize what they have. Any suggestions?

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am

PourMeTea wrote:
A few things went wrong.
1. TOTAL PANIC during my very first section, which was LR. I "wtfed" my way through it, definitely went -8, with no time left over to check answers. This may have been my experimental, but I'm not sure.
2. Carried over the thoughts of "shit, cancel now" to second section, which was RC. Also, 180 watch decided not to work. I barely skimmed the passages because the words kept melting into each other and I wasn't retaining anything. I don't remember if I thought the questions were hard or easy.
3. Easy, standard LR section, which I actually think was the real LR section. Dammit.
4. RAN. OUT. OF. TIME. on last LR section. Pretty much had to randomly guess on the last 4 OMFG this has never happened before :evil: :evil: :evil:

I figure by drilling mercilessly, LR will become automatic to the point where things like nerves won't hinder me from quickly seeing arguments or reading/re-reading the stimulus to the point where I'm wasting too much time.
Are you describing my test or yours? I def had a very similar experience

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:53 am

Post removed.

Marshmallow

Bronze

Post by Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:54 am

PourMeTea wrote:
neprep wrote:
bee wrote:

A few things went wrong.
1. TOTAL PANIC during my very first section, which was LR. I "wtfed" my way through it, definitely went -8, with no time left over to check answers. This may have been my experimental, but I'm not sure.
2. Carried over the thoughts of "shit, cancel now" to second section, which was RC. Also, 180 watch decided not to work. I barely skimmed the passages because the words kept melting into each other and I wasn't retaining anything. I don't remember if I thought the questions were hard or easy.
3. Easy, standard LR section, which I actually think was the real LR section. Dammit.
4. RAN. OUT. OF. TIME. on last LR section. Pretty much had to randomly guess on the last 4 OMFG this has never happened before :evil: :evil: :evil:

I figure by drilling mercilessly, LR will become automatic to the point where things like nerves won't hinder me from quickly seeing arguments or reading/re-reading the stimulus to the point where I'm wasting too much time.
PMT, you'll be fine. It seems you were testing/performing REALLY WELL before test day, so really you just had a huge hit of adrenaline/out of control nerves going into section 1. This happened to me in June. Get the right mindset for Dec., and I think you'll have zero probs.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”